Recent Topics

Ads

5 Years of ROR and...

Let's talk about... everything else
Qwack

Re: 5 Years of ROR and...

Post#11 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:02 pm

warlover wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 am
Qwack wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:42 pm Its in a really great place! 5 years ago I was just glad this game even existed. Now its clearly in a better state than Live. Early Live was horrible in extreme imbalances and back n forth NerfHammers or FOTM VOPs. The game now seems more like Rock-Paper-Scissors which is a difficult thing to achieve. Sure, some complain that some classes are OP or whatever, but I assure you that the first couple of years of Live was far worse. Truly there are classes that totally punk my toon (WLs and AMs ugh), but then a Shammy punks other toons. Rock-Paper-Scissors really is the best balance and more fun.

Kudos ROR!
You Krazy
Perhaps, but my words are true.
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Ads
warlover

Post#12 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:14 pm

Qwack wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:02 pm
warlover wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 am
Qwack wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:42 pm Its in a really great place! 5 years ago I was just glad this game even existed. Now its clearly in a better state than Live. Early Live was horrible in extreme imbalances and back n forth NerfHammers or FOTM VOPs. The game now seems more like Rock-Paper-Scissors which is a difficult thing to achieve. Sure, some complain that some classes are OP or whatever, but I assure you that the first couple of years of Live was far worse. Truly there are classes that totally punk my toon (WLs and AMs ugh), but then a Shammy punks other toons. Rock-Paper-Scissors really is the best balance and more fun.

Kudos ROR!
You Krazy
Perhaps, but my words are true.
Your words are what you believe to be true witch could be far from the real truth, yours is called an opinion, they have ruined some toons beyond belief take WE for one, it is squishy light armor it relies on stealth to do anything, but still they wont let the go through portals some doors and other things while stealth what kind of since does that make, taking the only weapon they have sneaking up on people away, and doing pet peeves like dismounting people inside keeps and stuff its just stupid, lots of real work could be done on the game but they look to do little pet projects that just hurt the game, again just my Opinion but hey we all have them :)

Fey

Post#13 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:45 am

The state of the game seems stable enough given how putrid city queue stunts the casual player base. People will obviously play fewer hours during the summer, myself included. Development chops do deserve props.

Balance is the prime concern. I for one would like to see balance gravitate towards the old prima guide. Just grab one lone idea from the primordial build of the game and see how it plays out.

5 stacks of Black Orc armor debuff comes to mind. Then I can weave, Wot Armor, in-between my 3-part rotation just like IB, Heavy Blow. Tanks in general should be back-loaded so a heavy stack armor debuff looks like it works.

As much as the game has made custom server changes, it should equally look back at the beta build of the game for ideas.

Step.1: Stealth will no longer drain AP and is therefore indefinite. Stealth incurs a movement penalty of %20. Add a genuine positional stealth opener like perforate artery. Add a detect stealth check to SW Scout and SH Big Shootin.

Go nuts and go backwards.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan