Recent Topics

Ads

WE 70+ vanq+ winnable fights?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
tommydgun

Re: WE 70+ vanq+ winnable fights?

Post#11 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:36 pm

Mitzie wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:10 am
tommydgun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:00 am lol literally just had Secrets jump on me and knock me down and i died before standing... 8k dmg in 3 seconds with full armor talismans... great balance GG doesn't need nerfing don't worry dev team!!!! yay!!!! such fun much wow!!!!
He's in BiS gear and you were in Vanq, don't expect to win those fights. If you pick fights with people in full Sov then it's no wonder you keep losing. My WE is in Vanq as well and I have no issues soloing, just pick your fights. You have stealth, utilize it.
I understand the gear difference and I didn't pick a fight. He came out from behind a rock and flew through the air (as WLs do) and knocked me down instantly. What i expect is someone with 5-6k armor not to kill me in the duration of a knockdown.

Ads
tommydgun

Post#12 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:36 pm

Foltestik wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:13 am
tommydgun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:00 am lol literally just had Secrets jump on me and knock me down and i died before standing... 8k dmg in 3 seconds with full armor talismans... great balance GG doesn't need nerfing don't worry dev team!!!! yay!!!! such fun much wow!!!!
why oyu have armor on WE it doesnt help you specialy agains WL with his armor debuff you will by naked anyway
I was talking about the WL having full armor talismans not me.

CountTalabecland

Post#13 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:14 pm

Riposte only kills you if you get parried, don't get parried. Not much you can do about morale 1 parry wall other than try to catch it when it gets popped and hit them in the back.

If you are going about proclaiming to be a 1v1 duelist, then maybe you should be a little more creative than firing off burst damage directly at the front of that back pedaling MDPS.

WE/WH can and should be able to kill anything in 1v1. I've certainly seen more than enough of each who can do it, requires the right skills and gear though. But more importantly, the game is not balanced around 1v1 and a lot of variables go into these fights more than a rock,papers,scissors of what beats what on paper as ppl try to portray it on these forums.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Mitzie

Post#14 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:50 am

tommydgun wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:36 pm
He's in BiS gear and you were in Vanq, don't expect to win those fights. If you pick fights with people in full Sov then it's no wonder you keep losing. My WE is in Vanq as well and I have no issues soloing, just pick your fights. You have stealth, utilize it.
I understand the gear difference and I didn't pick a fight. He came out from behind a rock and flew through the air (as WLs do) and knocked me down instantly. What i expect is someone with 5-6k armor not to kill me in the duration of a knockdown.
In Vanq you have around 1.2k armor. WL can debuff 1k of that. So he is hitting you with 200 armor and is probably piercing a lot of that. You don't need very much strength to hit that hard. I can kill a SW in the duration of a knockdown on my WE because they have no armor and on WE I don't even debuff them. What are you putting you renown points in btw?

Odaop

Post#15 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:24 am

I can kill a SW in the duration of a knockdown on my WE because they have no armor and on WE I don't even debuff them.
Great game

Sofong

Post#16 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:57 am

they will tell u the foloing:
"l2p"
'l2detaunt"
"u can also spec parry and riposte"
'game not about 1v1"
"look at msh and shaman"
"do this and this with this when they do that and that and that slot this tailis combine with this and that then u will have a chance"

tommydgun

Post#17 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:45 pm

Mitzie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:50 am
In Vanq you have around 1.2k armor. WL can debuff 1k of that. So he is hitting you with 200 armor and is probably piercing a lot of that. You don't need very much strength to hit that hard. I can kill a SW in the duration of a knockdown on my WE because they have no armor and on WE I don't even debuff them. What are you putting you renown points in btw?
usually crit and deft defender / reflexes. i have almost 40% parry

Akalukz

Post#18 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:18 pm

What kills is a chain of crits. If you are RR70 and not running around at 0% or less to be crit you should make adjustments. 1 or 2 crits make all the difference. use the -5% chnance to be crit lini at a minimum.
-= Agony =-

Ads
khellen

Post#19 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 pm

WE/WH can and should be able to kill anything in 1v1. I've certainly seen more than enough of each who can do it, requires the right skills and gear though. But more importantly, the game is not balanced around 1v1 and a lot of variables go into these fights more than a rock,papers,scissors of what beats what on paper as ppl try to portray it on these forums.
LOL

Mitzie

Post#20 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:19 pm

tommydgun wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:45 pm
Mitzie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:50 am

usually crit and deft defender / reflexes. i have almost 40% parry
You need Futile Strikes. Your ctbc must be so high. You want to get to as close as 0 ctbc as possible imo. This is what I do and I don't have the issues you talk about but that's just me.