Recent Topics

Ads

Since DPS AM is frowned upon, what's most similar?

Let's talk about... everything else
lsquallhart

Since DPS AM is frowned upon, what's most similar?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:58 am

I really enjoy AM at mid level, but going pure DPS as an AM is frowned upon especially at later levels, so I've read.

What class plays the most similar to Arch Mage that's a pure DPS class? I like the DOT style with the nice burst damage finisher Searing Touch. Very satisfying (reminds me of old school Shadow Priest in WoW).

Anything similar in play?

Ads
Hadann

Re: Since DPS AM is frowned upon, what's most similar?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:27 am

Play what you enjoy in the game and dont worry about what others have to say. ;)

XsorrowerX

Post#3 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:46 am

Havoc spec Magus has a similar style to what you are describing, and is good for solo'ing/sustain with certain setups, but the pet is a bit of a hassle sometimes. You can also spec aoe for groups, even though you still aren't the most desired dps, at least people won't be bothering you to heal.

Starx

Post#4 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:05 am

DPS AM isnt frowned upon. Its just utter trash for city, the other dot based classes dont fair much better like eng/magus.

Just play BW if you are worried about being wanted.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:11 am

You can heal as dps it’s just harder than most players can manage. stops you getting all those hate messages.

Stophy22

Post#6 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:51 am

If you want to stay order bw is a caster with similar attributes and I’d say sorc has some dots into combo+beam you might like.

Never played a lot of wow but I think if you okay what you want that’s important. While am dps doesn’t have a place in organized large numbers play other classes have the same issue. If you want you can respec to heals for that and enjoy the content at an acceptable try hard level but enjoy war for what it is without losing your mind too much.

Anyone will get mad that you don’t heal them when you have the ability to. It’s okay after a long enough time these players role healers to show you up so it ends up being a good cycle.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

lsquallhart

Post#7 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:21 am

Grimfang wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:11 am You can heal as dps it’s just harder than most players can manage. stops you getting all those hate messages.
Ah, I figured the healing would fall off so badly that throwing out some heals would be out of the question (I haven’t hit end game yet).

I don’t mind throwing out some quick cast big heals and rezzing. Too bad a hybrid playstyle isn’t more supported with stats as it’s a really fun.

I have a Rune Priest for when I want to do srs healing so I’ll just stick with this and have fun.

Not too worried about getting into groups and what not as I mostly play solo, and if I really want I can just get a set of healing gear and respec for healing cities or whatever

Thanks everyone who responded

Omegus

Post#8 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:44 am

lsquallhart wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:21 amNot too worried about getting into groups and what not as I mostly play solo, and if I really want I can just get a set of healing gear and respec for healing cities or whatever
If you want to go solo then DPS/lifetap AM is fantastic. Works great in small roaming pvp groups too. It just struggles in PvE dungeons (unless the party is overgeared, in which case one DPS healer can speed up the run) and Warbands.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Noslock

Post#9 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:08 pm

lsquallhart wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:58 am I really enjoy AM at mid level, but going pure DPS as an AM is frowned upon especially at later levels, so I've read.

What class plays the most similar to Arch Mage that's a pure DPS class? I like the DOT style with the nice burst damage finisher Searing Touch. Very satisfying (reminds me of old school Shadow Priest in WoW).

Anything similar in play?
am is totally fine you just have to suck it up and go heal mode for city and pve if you want endgame dps gear.

nat3s

Post#10 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:47 pm

DPS AM is the premier best 1v1 and solo roaming class in the game + with the option to spec healer for guaranteed city WB spaces, you've got it made. Awesome class super desirable. No other class has it better than AM on Order side at present, if you're somehow disappointed then you'll only find other classes worse from here on out...
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG