Slayer vs Choppa

Let's talk about... everything else
jvlosky

Re: Slayer vs Choppa

Post#41 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:49 pm

StrongUn wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:50 pm How to remove OP skills

Rampage : Shatter enchantment - only tanks can remove it

GTDC : Taunt / Stagger / Knockback / Knockdown ... everyone can stop it
Also I want to point out you can Stagger /knockback/ knockdown a slayer as well so those are a wash.

Taunt has a 15 second cooldown

Shatter enchantment has a 5 second cooldown

hmmmm

Ads
Detangler

Post#42 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:30 am

jvlosky wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:49 pm

Also I want to point out you can Stagger /knockback/ knockdown a slayer as well so those are a wash.

hmmmm
Assuming shatter enchantment isn't parried, or it doesn't take off the several other enchantments/buffs/HoTs currently on the slayer.

Knockdown/stagger only briefly stops rampage for a couple seconds, apples and oranges.

Also, why do people act like a random pull means they are helpless? Melee can still fire off abilities in the air. Ranged and healers still have instant abilities they can use. You can still defend against attacks. Being pulled is not instant white hot death.

You know whats super fun? Going to line up a punt on a tank guarding a squishy, only for the choppa to hit GtdC and watch as that tank in question got uselessly pulled 5 feet, right next to the DPS you were squaring up to focus. That's the kind of stuff you don't notice on the order side, cause all those tanks are now immune to punts. Thats the kind of stuff you don't notice on Order, or how often it happens because the pull is RANDOM.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

TenTonHammer

Post#43 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:44 am

Everytime is conversation comes up and i say the same exact thig, Destro dosnt need a second AoE pull, We already got magus pull

1 ST and 1 AoE pull on each side that is enough

furthermore its bad class design that pretty much all of choppa's ORvR and WB viability is on 1 ability

If it were up to me i would redisgn GtTC and then redistibute choppas kit's power so that its not all in on one ability, address rampage on slayer or rework choppas 5 point savage tree exhaustive blow ability into something not only useful in pve
M0rw47h wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:01 pm

What about Chop Fasta for Rampage? ;)
whispering winds on SM already exists

M0rw47h

Post#44 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:44 am
whispering winds on SM already exists
It's not like BO has WW mirrored and more reliable than SM. Not at all ;)

axelpl85

Post#45 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:45 am

GtDC is annoyingly unpredictable. Random pulls on targets up to 40 feet away.
Only time it actually does what you want is when you're chasing single scrubs with warband.
It can pull a target you want into meat grinder.
it can also randomly pull a target you didnt want, and whats worse, it gives immunities to targets that should be punted and in few cases i seen gave order an advantage.

@TenTonHammer
Your arguement would be perfectly fine if all classes had perfect mirrors, and the same representation in both factions.
While magus and marauder pulls are noticable when executed properly, those 2 classes (especially speced to pull ) seem to be very rare in confrontation with engineer and white lion.

Slayer ability is also not OP tank killer. It either drops rage ( slayer and choppa dont hit hard if not red ) or requires tactic that makes you run perma red ( focused red is dead ).
smart choppa / slayer usually dont attack tanks upfront from my observation, and still dont eat them unless tank is focus fired.
With amount of mdps a slayer faces, i say ability is useful but situational.
If i were high parry riposte spec i would say nerfplx because its a scissors to my paper.

Both classes are easy to kill and require babysitter.
Both abilities are probably fine and add the flavour to both classes.
There are more urgent things this game needs in terms of balance, toning down or up, adding diversity to groups or classes itself.

As for question made by op. Both require group to shine, both have same sucky mechanics, both are braindead fun to play. both require good gear to start tearing enemies. both 2H trees suck. both are called rotfl-1-skill classes, and for both classes this statement is wrong.

jvlosky

Post#46 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:50 am

Detangler wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:30 am
jvlosky wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:49 pm

hmmmm
Assuming shatter enchantment isn't parried, or it doesn't take off the several other enchantments/buffs/HoTs currently on the slayer.

Knockdown/stagger only briefly stops rampage for a couple seconds, apples and oranges.

Also, why do people act like a random pull means they are helpless? Melee can still fire off abilities in the air. Ranged and healers still have instant abilities they can use. You can still defend against attacks. Being pulled is not instant white hot death.

You know whats super fun? Going to line up a punt on a tank guarding a squishy, only for the choppa to hit GtdC and watch as that tank in question got uselessly pulled 5 feet, right next to the DPS you were squaring up to focus. That's the kind of stuff you don't notice on the order side, cause all those tanks are now immune to punts. Thats the kind of stuff you don't notice on Order, or how often it happens because the pull is RANDOM.

Being pulled in mid air is pretty much another stun that moves you. Most of the time getting pulled interrupts your current ability and nobody can do anything while in mid air. I can't remember the last time I was able to do anything in mid pull by a choppa or marauder.

Dragonov43

Post#47 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:30 am

In an organized wb, GTDC is only used on wb's leader call. And vs good wb, channeled abilities can't be used because tanks knows how to challenge.
Skrypnikov - Choppa RR85
Mriya - Sorc RR79

Pain and Pleasure

jvlosky

Post#48 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:32 am

Dragonov43 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:30 am In an organized wb, GTDC is only used on wb's leader call. And vs good wb, channeled abilities can't be used because tanks knows how to challenge.
Did you mean Taunt instead of Challenge?

Most tanks are Taunting healers in cities, in open rvr yeah you might have your taunt ready for a GTDC.

Ads
Detangler

Post#49 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:46 pm

jvlosky wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:50 am
Being pulled in mid air is pretty much another stun that moves you. Most of the time getting pulled interrupts your current ability and nobody can do anything while in mid air. I can't remember the last time I was able to do anything in mid pull by a choppa or marauder.
You need to try it more, then. If i'm on my healer on Gates of Ekrund, and i eat a punt off the top of the wall, i'm casting HoTs on allies before I lose line of sight and drop off the side. Same thing works in open fights - just switch to using one of your instant abilities while airborne. Once you make the adjustment its not so bad.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Marawo

Post#50 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Only thing annoying about gtdc (except getting pulled into doorframes whic hstems from a different issue) is that you can use it to strip enemy melees from yourself and kite with it because targets get collisioned midair in closerange. Gtdc should have a 10-40 not a 0-40 feet range. Its "get TO da choppa" not "get OFF da choppa"