Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Brickson

Re: Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph

Post#61 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:49 pm

I really like the new arena. Good job :)

Got some remarks to improve the experience:

- I think it would be best to just make everything outside the arena unattackable. So you don't have to worry about auras, pets or missclicks. Also sometimes skills that you use the second the duel is over and you're getting ported back 'resolve' outside the arena and get you killed. For example: Today I threw an acid grenade with my engi and got defeated while it was traveling. It then hit my opponent outside the arena and i got killed.

- I agree with Skulgrim that the ability to watch duels could be a bit improved. Maybe a narrow bridge going from order to destro spawn could help.

- Another qol change would be to fully heal you after the duel. So you don't have to wait for your regeneration to start a new duel.

- Pets shouldn't be able to attack each other in the arena before the duel starts. It even works if you belong to the same faction (tested it with wl and engi).

- I had a couple of games where I played with my wh against a friend as squig or wl where we got teleported back, because the game said he surrendered. Which he did not. Not sure what exactly caused this. It happened not too far after the 30 seconds countdown was over.

- One time I accepted a duel with a wl and we went to the arena. The countdown began and one second later the log said that I declined the duel. Again no idea what caused this.

- Apparently joining the area activates the lockout timer. I don't think that's really necessary here.

Nonetheless great work :D
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Ads
Arthem

Post#62 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:52 am

The Arena is incredible, nice work.

gjsiechnice

Post#63 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:56 pm

Question about Chosen/Kobs auras:
Will three auras be turned on or do you plan on how it was live, one active aura and change to another?
Stonehead Crusader Kobs 82rr
Relah AM 81rr

Skullgrin

Post#64 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:54 pm

gjsiechnice wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:56 pm Question about Chosen/Kobs auras:
Will three auras be turned on or do you plan on how it was live, one active aura and change to another?

On RoR it has always been that you can have 3 auras on at once. You could do the same on live if you used the twister addon, they changed it here as a quality of life type thing.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Wolfvulture

Post#65 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:52 pm

Has anyone gotten stuck loading into the garden of qu’aph? I have a blank screen that says”loading zone 413”. Have logged different characters into the game , restarted game and restarted computer and my character is still stuck on that screen when I try to use him.

Kaelang

Post#66 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:38 pm

Wolfvulture wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:52 pm Has anyone gotten stuck loading into the garden of qu’aph? I have a blank screen that says”loading zone 413”. Have logged different characters into the game , restarted game and restarted computer and my character is still stuck on that screen when I try to use him.
Sounds like you’re missing the map files. Try repairing.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Wolfvulture

Post#67 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:00 am

Unfortunately the repair did not work.

Marawo

Post#68 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:30 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:52 pm Hotfix #2
[Abilities]

- Glass Arrow no longer procs on auto attacks, and it will consume 15 action points each time it procs (tooltip update will come later with client patch).
About this hotfix:
AA proc removed, good seemed like an oversight anyway.

About the 15ap per proc, I watched the glass arrow thread closely and this was the one suggestion I hoped wouldn't even be considered, considering it tackles exactly 0 of the problems glass arrow surfaced on the initial change.

You can still do your death rotation out of nowhere and it still deals the same op damage (slightly less due to the aa changes), rapid fire does cost a ton of ap but that just means you can't perma spam abilities inbetween your rotation.
Additionally glass arrow is dead for the aoe builds due to this hotfix, you can drain your ap pool from 250 - 0 with 1 ability, even if you hit a medium amount of people lets say 10 you look at 150 extra ap cost. It's just completely unuseable for aoe attacks.

Do this instead:
- reduce amount of glass arrow procs from rapid fire from 6 to 3 so it procs every other.
- revert to original 15ap extra cost

rapid fire not op anymore, aoe build not gimped again, everyone happy

Ads
anarchypark

Post#69 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Marawo wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:30 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:52 pm Hotfix #2
[Abilities]

- Glass Arrow no longer procs on auto attacks, and it will consume 15 action points each time it procs (tooltip update will come later with client patch).
About this hotfix:
AA proc removed, good seemed like an oversight anyway.

About the 15ap per proc, I watched the glass arrow thread closely and this was the one suggestion I hoped wouldn't even be considered, considering it tackles exactly 0 of the problems glass arrow surfaced on the initial change.

You can still do your death rotation out of nowhere and it still deals the same op damage (slightly less due to the aa changes), rapid fire does cost a ton of ap but that just means you can't perma spam abilities inbetween your rotation.
Additionally glass arrow is dead for the aoe builds due to this hotfix, you can drain your ap pool from 250 - 0 with 1 ability, even if you hit a medium amount of people lets say 10 you look at 150 extra ap cost. It's just completely unuseable for aoe attacks.

Do this instead:
- reduce amount of glass arrow procs from rapid fire from 6 to 3 so it procs every other.
- revert to original 15ap extra cost

rapid fire not op anymore, aoe build not gimped again, everyone happy

yea dmg should be lowered.
or proc only on activation of range skill.

aoe AP drain seems not intended.
make it 30ap and drain once on aoe and channel?
but every other 100% proc skills have same behavior - backfire on each proc.

I don't know which dmg type.
when i hit oil with fester 95dmg, glass hit it 75.
does guard halve GA dmg ? not sure.
Last edited by anarchypark on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

orillah
Suspended

Post#70 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:06 pm

Ranged Sws are back to its pre-"rework" state. Overall its a non metabreaking buff to assault.