Recent Topics

Ads

Population migration concerns

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
amagawd

Population migration concerns

Post#1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:30 pm

As usual, I would like to start by thanking everyone involved in the project, there were some nice changes (increase in rewards from bags) and some not so good changes (SW buffs).

Since the new SW buffs, seems like many Destro orders migrated to Order to play the new FOTM class. Implementing these changes without some buffs on Destro side triggered this imo. I would suggest next time you buff a class, buff something on the other faction as well to balance the population. It feels clearly overwhelming atm to play Destro. We just get pushed and pushed, and it's not because you buffed another of their damage dealers, but because people moved to order to play the new buffed class, so less population playing on destro side.

I would also like to point out that Order has now so many overpowered classes that I'm sure it represents another incentive to the players to migrate. Name me one class on Destro side which is stronger than their mirror on Order side please. I dare you.

These buffs were badly implemented imho - 1k dmg / tick from SW DoT (I crit for 1.2k max on squishies with my guillotine)- not to mention there are other broken classes already on Order side (cough - WL - cough), triggered so many ppl to swap factions. I mean Mara is so broken (in the real sense of the word) I don't even wanna start, but you guys clearly focus on Order.

I hope it's my mistake thinking the Devs are Order biased. Not sure what you wanted to achieve with these overpowered buffs on SW, but clearly it doesn't go as you planned imo. Aren't you tired with people crying on the forums after you implement changes like this? But wait, maybe they don't complain but instead reroll SW and one shot every1, cuz hey, it's free. After celebrating 6 years, I would've thought u knew better... It's funny you still haven't nerfed WL tbh, I understand Secrets plays one but cmon, how many ppl crying and videos and print screens you need to understand there is a problem with that class, just like the new SW?. Do I need to enroll as a dev on the server to get some buffs on destro side? I got some Python xp, so hit me up.

Suggestions? I got none tbh. I understand ranged SH will get some buffs but I really doubt this will trigger an inverted migration given SH has a higher skill cap to play than SW, due to pet management. BTW, I understand WL pets receive less dmg from AOE but SH pets don't?

If things don't move toward a more balanced position between the factions, I'm afraid every1 will just play Order. In 2 weeks of casual play you can get 40, so I might as well reroll order too, why stay on the side that gets permanent kicks in the teeth? And all the city loggers on destro side thinking they are the best for winning cities, that might change soon.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Re: Population migration concerns

Post#2 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:57 pm

It has been 8 days since the SW/morale patch and Order has won two cities (NA time) since then. If the player base on Destro are so fickle, that after months of utter dominance, they are ready jettison because a few losses that have *balanced* the win ratio, then there is no fixing this game regardless. You can't account in development for mouth breathers chasing easy-mode.

Frankly, sit back and enjoy the AAO and shorter queue times like I have the last 8 months.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

UltimateRorrior

Post#3 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:29 pm

What are you joking? I have been playing for like 2 months and those are the only 2 cities I've seen order win in that time. Destro in most circumstances could literally just run through order if they wanted. Chosen is better than knight due to the fact it can deal damage. Blackguard is better than ironbreaker. I guess not anymore but I used to hear everyone say SH was better than SW. I guess slayer and choppa are alright but choppa pull into a group of melee is just a death sentence for anyone who isn't a tank. WE is better than WH.

Toonman

Post#4 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:32 pm

amagawd wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:30 pm If things don't move toward a more balanced position between the factions, I'm afraid every1 will just play Order.
Destro has been a mindless bukkake zerg for the past year. As soon as order wins an occasional city it's game over?

Drys

Post#5 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:54 pm

I don't think he is talking specifically about cities. Prior to the last couple of weeks, the server population would swing destro higher (NA time) -> order higher (EU time) -> destro higher (NA time) -> etc. Now the RVR population generally favors order by a small margin constantly. Which is why IC is pushed more often and we get more stalemated zones.

I would be interested to see statistics on how often the campaign ends with a siege of Altdorf vs. a siege of IC. Not who wins the cities -- that's a separate issue to address. Rather in terms of open RVR.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Lithenir

Post#6 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:02 pm

It is pretty normal that the population is switching after a while.
3 months destro has the higher population, the next 3 months order has a higher population and so on

Sarnai

Post#7 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:06 pm

The only reason IC is pushed more consistently is because for the most part city win rates heavily favor destro. As has been pointed out, 2 city wins for order recently and that's about it. So just do the math:

Pushing a 5 star IC resulting in a destro win brings it to 3 stars...so push it again, because the crest payout is still worth it.

Push a 5 star Altdorf resulting in a destro win and it's back to 1 star. Poop city. Every time. So you wait and push IC in the meantime.

Destro's more steady winrate in cities over the past months+ just means it's easier to farm crests by pushing IC since it spends more time at a crest-worthy rank (3-5). Smart cityloggers wait until Altdorf reaches 5 stars because, in anticipation of a destro win, it's the biggest bang for your buck before it gets reset to 1 star.
WH looking for gunbad left

Drys

Post#8 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:56 pm

Sarnai wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:06 pm The only reason IC is pushed more consistently is because for the most part city win rates heavily favor destro. As has been pointed out, 2 city wins for order recently and that's about it. So just do the math:

Pushing a 5 star IC resulting in a destro win brings it to 3 stars...so push it again, because the crest payout is still worth it.

Push a 5 star Altdorf resulting in a destro win and it's back to 1 star. Poop city. Every time. So you wait and push IC in the meantime.

Destro's more steady winrate in cities over the past months+ just means it's easier to farm crests by pushing IC since it spends more time at a crest-worthy rank (3-5). Smart cityloggers wait until Altdorf reaches 5 stars because, in anticipation of a destro win, it's the biggest bang for your buck before it gets reset to 1 star.
And yet there are pushes for 1* IC, so I don't think that your theory holds. I think more likely it's as been said elsewhere - order classes tend to be favored in ORVR and destro classes tend to be favored in cities.

I think OP was simply stating a lot of ORVR success depends on numbers and overhauling a class for just one faction could have an unintended consequence of upsetting that population balance between factions.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
Jesden

Post#9 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:01 pm

Most of the rhetoric I've read on here is that Order tends to do better at oRvR than destro, and more IC pushes happened, even before the changes. I don't think it's a new phenomenon that they are happening now. I know I've personally seen more IC sieges than Altdorf, but that's anecdotal at best.

Gurf

Post#10 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:03 pm

People are playing SW because it is new, they will get bored in a week and go back to their main. As soon as RSH gets some tweaks it will be the same on the other side.