Recent Topics

Ads

[ENGI] Aoe engineer at 1v1 situations

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
nocturnalguest

Re: [ENGI] Aoe engineer at 1v1 situations

Post#11 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Engi is one of best 1v1 classes in game.
Main problem is that very low amount of skilled players actually play them.
Movement, kiting, rotation and usage of what is in your disposal is key.
Here are examples of what can be done:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=30393&p=344688&hil ... fy#p344645
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=30871&p=349909&hil ... fy#p349897
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=30678&p=347857&hil ... fy#p347801
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=30504&p=345924&hil ... fy#p345908
So its a long road mate, l2p&gitgud

Ads
Zxul

Post#12 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:59 pm

Starx wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:26 am And as engineer you can kite every single class on destro besides MSH. And you have a favorable matchup against every single ranged class on destro besides DPS Sham.
Wanna bet you won't be able to kite my hybrid dok?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

mytreds

Post#13 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:08 pm

mathousalix6 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:38 am I was starting to get confused because I was thinking that I am a dps role but I can't melt down a single target when they are attacking me
Engies are RANGED dps, NOT melee. You are not a slayer. If you want to 1v1 people engie is not for you.

This game is melee focused at the moment. Rdps like Sorc and BW have access to aoe close range abilities, and the SW and SH have good melee specs. We don’t have the capabilities to face another melee without the odds being severely against us. This isn’t to say it is impossible, but you’ll have an easier time 1v1 with another class. It takes a specific build, skill, and gear (which takes a lot of time to get) in order to do what you are asking.

mytreds

Post#14 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:13 pm

Zxul wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:59 pm
Starx wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:26 am And as engineer you can kite every single class on destro besides MSH. And you have a favorable matchup against every single ranged class on destro besides DPS Sham.
I bet he can’t either. But people can say whatever they want on forum and believe it’s true.

Starx

Post#15 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:30 am

mytreds wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:13 pm
I bet he can’t either. But people can say whatever they want on forum and believe it’s true.
Kiting doesn't mean you never get touched, it just means you make an effort to get some positive GCD's on melee character.

You can kite even a WL... on my magus if i get jumped the first thing I do is drop a stagger at my feet, that gives me enough time to drop my demon, pop aegis, all while kiting out to make space then pop something like mutating blue fire (a 2 sec cast) which will finish as soon as stagger is over into a punt which if the WL has a pet will actually create even more distance between me and the WL himself since pounce is still on CD, so if his pet KD's me hes still in africa... and through the whole thing I might get 4-5 GCD's worth of abilities off while hes not even in range. Or i could just do what most idiots do and herp derp its a WL i lose anyways guess ill facetank and and then make a thread on the forums about how OP WL is.

Zxul

Post#16 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:45 am

Starx wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:30 am
mytreds wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:13 pm

Kiting doesn't mean you never get touched, it just means you make an effort to get some positive GCD's on melee character.

You can kite even a WL... on my magus if i get jumped the first thing I do is drop a stagger at my feet, that gives me enough time to drop my demon, pop aegis, all while kiting out to make space then pop something like mutating blue fire (a 2 sec cast) which will finish as soon as stagger is over into a punt which if the WL has a pet will actually create even more distance between me and the WL himself since pounce is still on CD, so if his pet KD's me hes still in africa... and through the whole thing I might get 4-5 GCD's worth of abilities off while hes not even in range. Or i could just do what most idiots do and herp derp its a WL i lose anyways guess ill facetank and and then make a thread on the forums about how OP WL is.
My dok does with ranged 75% or so of the dmg which it does with melee, and ranged also procs my snare cov. Lets get back to how are you planning to kite it.

Also, back in a day (when wls were considered even more OP), on my magus I facetanked every WL I run into, didn't lost a single fight.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

nocturnalguest

Post#17 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:09 pm

Zxul wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:45 am My dok does with ranged 75% or so of the dmg which it does with melee, and ranged also procs my snare cov. Lets get back to how are you planning to kite it.

Also, back in a day (when wls were considered even more OP), on my magus I facetanked every WL I run into, didn't lost a single fight.
And so what?
With current gear engi can have 9k hp, 3500 armor, ~-5-10% ctgc, 900 bs, 500 ws, 30% parry, 20% crit plus it will still have space for utility, like slotting a mine with build timer increase.
Current average burst rotation of engi's who know what they are doing is around 4k in 1-2 seconds (depends if you time everything well enough) on armor capped target without armor debuff.

As was mentioned by Starx that kiting is not about not getting touched at all.

Again, there are simply no pro engi's active to take your challenge, but i suppose if tony would be still playing you'd have a very hard time.

Zxul

Post#18 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:41 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:09 pm
Zxul wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:45 am My dok does with ranged 75% or so of the dmg which it does with melee, and ranged also procs my snare cov. Lets get back to how are you planning to kite it.

And so what?
With current gear engi can have 9k hp, 3500 armor, ~-5-10% ctgc, 900 bs, 500 ws, 30% parry, 20% crit plus it will still have space for utility, like slotting a mine with build timer increase.
Current average burst rotation of engi's who know what they are doing is around 4k in 1-2 seconds (depends if you time everything well enough) on armor capped target without armor debuff.

As was mentioned by Starx that kiting is not about not getting touched at all.

Again, there are simply no pro engi's active to take your challenge, but i suppose if tony would be still playing you'd have a very hard time.
Lets see. On dok 8.1 k hp, 843 toughness, fs4, gunbad diamond, 275 init, and enough healing ability to take a healer spot in wb. And yes I use detaunt mid fight if I need to heal.

GL lol.

Edit: Not no mention, "time everything well enough" gets hard countered by cleanse.

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#19 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Ah this theorycrafting. Well, anyway

Just FYI, cleanse works in a way it removes something applied first. Acid bomb is not part of burst rotation. No insta cleanse tactic on DoK makes it quite easy to hide stuff and recast.

Engi has alot of utility - disarm (which you have space to slot into rifle/nade and rifle/tinker mixes), stun, stagger, various kb's (both core, st&aoe), build time increase, snare (ranged and melee one), insta turret etc. but most people just use it incorrect. I already gave example of good engi in 1v1 fights with video link where you can see a very good play of engi. Lad been winning different DoKs as well.

Still i dont see how your point with DoK debunks the point that engi is a great, versatile class for 1v1 and great kiting skills are mandatory to play it.
Common advice of forums/average ror player to a newcomer - go engi, they are easy. No, they are not, its the class with insanely high skill cap which requires very accurate rotation execution, good game mechanic knowledge and great awareness. I always recommend newcomers to not touch it (also there is another simple fact that most engineers you see suck really hard).

Crumbs

Post#20 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:04 pm

If you want a proper 1v1 come fight my engi anytime. I'll even start fight without turret

We hold 1v1 events in chaos wastes from time to time. Might offer gold as incentive
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70