Recent Topics

Ads

Ranged Squig Herder needs buffs too

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Manatikik

Re: Ranged Squig Herder needs buffs too

Post#91 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:19 am

adapter wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:16 am
Manatikik wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:01 am
So what you're saying is the same DoT stacked 3x does... 3x the damage? Wow you're really on to something there.
A spammable dot that hits 900 crit and can be stacked with other's SW dots to become even more broken.

Manatikik you are a toxic player.
I'm sorry, now you're trying to argue that other people using abilities at the same time is "even more broken".
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Helba

Post#92 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:27 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:19 am
Manatikik wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:01 am
So what you're saying is the same DoT stacked 3x does... 3x the damage? Wow you're really on to something there.
A spammable dot that hits 900 crit and can be stacked with other's SW dots to become even more broken.

I'm sorry, now you're trying to argue that other people using abilities at the same time is "even more broken".
Could you elaborate on the "3x stacked, 3x the damage" statement? because i simply dont understand it. Both the DoT's (Yer bleeding and broadhead arrow) ticks 6 times (over 15secs) if applied again to the same target by the same person within the 15 secs, the timer refreshes but doesnt stack. So I honestly dont understand what you mean here.

adapter
Suspended

Post#93 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:28 am

You come to this post to reply this kind of comments, you are a toxic player that is not welcome, so please stop behaving in this despicable manner.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Manatikik

Post#94 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:39 am

Helba wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:27 am

Could you elaborate on the "3x stacked, 3x the damage" statement? because i simply dont understand it. Both the DoT's (Yer bleeding and broadhead arrow) ticks 6 times (over 15secs) if applied again to the same target by the same person within the 15 secs, the timer refreshes but doesnt stack. So I honestly dont understand what you mean here.
Please inform yourself before you go posting on the forums . BHA stacks up to 3x... Read patch notes.
<Montague><Capulet>

geezereur

Post#95 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:55 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:39 am

Please inform yourself before you go posting on the forums . BHA stacks up to 3x... Read patch notes.
waste 3 gcd to stack the dot it sucks

jvlosky

Post#96 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:17 am

geezereur wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:55 am

Knowthyself wrote: ↑Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:22 am

As I have already mentioned above glass arrow is the only improvement on ranged SW. Let me explain you the reasons :

Broadhead arrow change : Stackable 3 times - good dps when stacked but being cleansable just turns it to a complete waste of AP most of the time. Can be turned into aoe (let's do not forget that it has 20ft radious) with a tactic but it forces you to be in 65ft of your target(remember you are in light armor) and easy rp for the melee train (doesn't matter if you are guarded or not) + in a large scale fight what you have as a target from short range distance is only tanks (imagine a keep attack or defese or zerg vs zerg situation) and you get blocked and dodged enough before you can apply the second stack. So not really worth to being forced into 65ft.

Guerilla Training - Speed boost is good and if you are a stance dancer(I like to play it that way) the ap reduction somehow helps you to deal with glass arrow AP incrase.. but is it worth to a tactic slot when you have to already spend two of your tactic slots to cap ballistic and reach a considerable WS amount ?

Powerful Draw - %25 armor penetration sounds good on the tooltip but have you tried checking the difference it makes ? I did and it made me laugh.

Flame arrow : Still hits like a cotton ball after being correctly placed to skirmish tree in terms of dmg calculation and meh 65ft..

What do you lose further : Ranged KD on the move, Snare from 100ft, an insta ability in your rotation which actually not only had a considerable dmg amount but also range decrease on your target. Most of your insta cast abilities that you could have used to finish your target before like glass arrow, flanking show, flame arrow, take down.. are all limited to 65ft now. You only have rapid fire and most of the time you are limited in just stacking broadhead arrow and firing rapid fire.

So the only positive change is the glass arrow. Yes maybe it requires tunning down a little but the disadvantages I listed above for not one but different play styles should have looked into first.

With all that said, let me clear that I mainly play my rr84 SH and have a 70 SW as an alternative for when game gets bor'ng on destro side. It wouldn't make me happy to see these changes on SH at all albeit a similar ability to the mentioned "OP" glass arrow.

I wrote :YES THIS. People don't realize it takes 7.5 seconds. YES 7.5 seconds for the first tick of the Broadhead x3 to get its first damage tick. 3 GCD (1.5 sec each) and then another 3 seconds to get the first dmg tick. By this point in oRVR that **** is usually cleansed off and you have to reapply. You pretty much dump all your AP trying to get Broadhead x3 on someone while in close range for 7.5 seconds without any dmg. Pretty wack

but noooo SW so OP.

I dread the SH buff, more mSH topping dmg charts in city please. Christ.

(Copied from another thread with the same subject really.)

Crumbs

Post#97 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:34 am

i can already see the wicked grin of teefz and jurki silently waiting for this buff
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Darks63

Post#98 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:37 am

Crumbs wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:34 am i can already see the wicked grin of teefz and jurki silently waiting for this buff
Actually teefz said in another thread that if the buffs to rsh are like rsw he hopes they never come.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#99 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:40 am

geezereur wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:55 am
Spoiler:

Ohhh.. poor little kitty, have to stack dots 3 time... yesterday i got critted by SW's broadhead arrow for 1750, mitigated by 125 with 3800 Armor. (no Acid Arrow Applied) with vanq i cant stack more Armor or toughness at the time, maybe with full sov :P
Poor thing, Zealot can't clease 3/6 Order dps, SW is one of them, but that doesnt belong here :lol:

Anyway, for that amount of damage, i wouldnt call it "Wasted CD's" :D

EDIT: Screen will follow when i'm home at my computer :geek:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Crumbs

Post#100 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:42 pm

Darks63 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:37 am
Crumbs wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:34 am i can already see the wicked grin of teefz and jurki silently waiting for this buff
Actually teefz said in another thread that if the buffs to rsh are like rsw he hopes they never come.
cool
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70