Recent Topics

Ads

FEEDBACK after 1 month of RoR

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
BeautfulToad

Re: FEEDBACK after 1 month of RoR

Post#11 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:47 pm

I'd like emblem gear to be a bit cheaper too. Never really understood why it was so much more expensive. I suppose it is partly because you can earn it a bit faster.

PvE could be a bit more forgiving, although recent changes are nice, some of the mechanics are so annoying (killing the spider first rages a goblin so much it becomes impossible to kill, etc).

Ads
Wam

Post#12 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Gramrock wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:25 pm
Stophy22 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:35 am You say SC currency ends with conq, but it goes up to oppressors. Also if u want 2hand gear you can look toward Bastion stair and BB/BE for decent weapons and armor for 2hand tanking.
I just turned 40 and I dunno what bastion stairs are or what bb/be is. would you please elaborate a bit?

I appreciate it!
PVE Gear from

Red eye gear
Mount gunbad... (3 wings, take quests, complete 3/3 unless rng gods in your favour)

if your team is solid should take less than a hour per a wing (especially as its been nerfed a few times)

Sentinel gear
BB/BE = bilerot burrows/enclave (take 4/4 quests for wards (the gear gives wards which allows you to wear the next set of gear)

If your team is solid should take less than a hour

Bloodlord gear
Bastion stairs
This provides more top tier gear ... but requires you to do the pve from the previous dungeons to wear it.

if your team is solid should take less than 2 hours.

Maybe a bit longer if you are pug/inexperienced and dont know mechanics and have bad synergy in composition.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Gramrock

Post#13 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:06 am

Nekkma wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:37 am
Gramrock wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:44 am
- NO PREVIEWS - So we have the opportunity to change the looks of an item, but I don't see how it looks like before I acutally remove the look of my item first and confirm the change? So as a newcomer, the whole appearance thing is a gamble for me, I have no idea what im gona look like until i remove my current appearance for an item. that just doesn't make any sense to me, without a preview, this system isn't really that exciting.[/color]

Cheers.
Missed this earlier. When you apply a new appearance you do not change the original item. Just shift click (i think) on the applied appearance under appearance tab and it gets removed and original appearance is displayed again.
i did the shift click thing, it still has the applied appreance, event hough it says the applied appearance will be lost... they should just implement a way to preview things this is still not a good solution :/

Nekkma

Post#14 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:14 am

Yes, for preview you need to rely on forum guides, such as this one viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37911, or check in game how they look.

Good or not, the game never had that feature and devs have limited time.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Starx

Post#15 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:33 am

The item you are wearing never loses it's original appearance. WAR was the first game(?) to come out with transmog and did it pretty well before money people got their hands on the system and made it what we usually know today.

If you apply the appearance of item B to item A, you can always remove the appearance of item B from A by removing it in the UI from that slot. Unless you destroy or lose one of the 2 items you never lose anything. It's a good practice to just toss items whose appearance you like or might want for later into your bank so you dont lose it.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#16 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:58 am

Gramrock wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:10 pm wow so many great tips, thank you guys!

@Nekkma I didnt know that but thats still not a satisfying solution since that requires me to own the item, but what if i want to buy something off of the auction house just to have the appearance or when i am able to chose items for influence, there's no way to know how these items look, other than someone owning it and coming to where i am in order for me to see it (or vice versa).

It doesn't even have to be ingame, a wiki where we have a some sort of compendium of armor and items where we can look the looks up would be nice.

I am planing to maybe extract the models from the game files and automate image generation form them and maybe use another automation tool to upload those somewhere but thats alot of work....
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armory

armory has an option for user submitted images of items