Recent Topics

Ads

FEEDBACK after 1 month of RoR

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Gramrock

FEEDBACK after 1 month of RoR

Post#1 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:44 am

I have a lvl 36 WP (RR 48)
and my Chosen just turned lvl 40 (RR 54)

WHAT I LIKE!

+ LEVELING - I have been leveling exclusively through scenarios and RVR and that I LOVE, i can level the way I want and the pase ist just perfect, not too slow, not too fast

+ CLASSES - I didn't try a lot of classes but in general the game feels quite balanced (I'm sure its never gona be 100% balanced) but in general i like the direction a lot of classes are going.

+ COMMUNITY - People are very helpful and very generous, even if there's some salt here and there i am very surprised how nice and non toxic the community is.

+ ACTION - No matter when, there's always something I can participate in, the game feels alive and there are very lovely big battles which i enjoyed so much.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE
- CURRENCY - What I dislike is that for RVR Currency, I as a Chosen can only buy Tank equipment (up until waaaaaay later) If i did oversee something then please tell me. What i can see so far is that the scenario currency ends with the conquerors emblems, so the game doesn't offer any way of keeping dps and tank sets equally available which puzzles me. What I also don't understand is, why can't I use the lower medallions and emblems for something useful, the pots are quite weak and I can't buy anything else other than the armor set, weapons and pots for lower levels with the currency (E.g. I have over 300 officers medallions which i just cant use for anything, that feels like a waste of resources and i would LOVE to have opportunity to do something useful like exchange for higher tier currency or items (why stop at officers?!).

- NO PREVIEWS - So we have the opportunity to change the looks of an item, but I don't see how it looks like before I acutally remove the look of my item first and confirm the change? So as a newcomer, the whole appearance thing is a gamble for me, I have no idea what im gona look like until i remove my current appearance for an item. that just doesn't make any sense to me, without a preview, this system isn't really that exciting.

I hope my feedback is heard because I quite like the game and wanna thank the devs for all the work they put in.

Cheers.

Ads
Stophy22

Re: FEEDBACK after 1 month of RoR

Post#2 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:35 am

You say SC currency ends with conq, but it goes up to oppressors. Also if u want 2hand gear you can look toward Bastion stair and BB/BE for decent weapons and armor for 2hand tanking.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Nekkma

Post#3 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:06 am

Regarding the pots you can buy for officers medallions and emblems, they have a different cd from the crafted pots so they are in fact very useful.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Brickson

Post#4 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:23 am

Couldn't you just equip the item from which you want to use the appearance of first?
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Nekkma

Post#5 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:37 am

Gramrock wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:44 am
- NO PREVIEWS - So we have the opportunity to change the looks of an item, but I don't see how it looks like before I acutally remove the look of my item first and confirm the change? So as a newcomer, the whole appearance thing is a gamble for me, I have no idea what im gona look like until i remove my current appearance for an item. that just doesn't make any sense to me, without a preview, this system isn't really that exciting.[/color]

Cheers.
Missed this earlier. When you apply a new appearance you do not change the original item. Just shift click (i think) on the applied appearance under appearance tab and it gets removed and original appearance is displayed again.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Urmig

Post#6 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:17 am

You can use medallions/emblems to buy gear to break for talisman fragments and get at least decent blue talismans.

Gramrock

Post#7 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:10 pm

wow so many great tips, thank you guys!

@Nekkma I didnt know that but thats still not a satisfying solution since that requires me to own the item, but what if i want to buy something off of the auction house just to have the appearance or when i am able to chose items for influence, there's no way to know how these items look, other than someone owning it and coming to where i am in order for me to see it (or vice versa).

It doesn't even have to be ingame, a wiki where we have a some sort of compendium of armor and items where we can look the looks up would be nice.

I am planing to maybe extract the models from the game files and automate image generation form them and maybe use another automation tool to upload those somewhere but thats alot of work....

Gramrock

Post#8 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Nekkma wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:06 am Regarding the pots you can buy for officers medallions and emblems, they have a different cd from the crafted pots so they are in fact very useful.
thanks didnt know that!!

Ads
Gramrock

Post#9 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:11 pm

Urmig wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:17 am You can use medallions/emblems to buy gear to break for talisman fragments and get at least decent blue talismans.
That I Didn't know aswell, in WoW back then, you couldnt break pvp gear... but great that we can do it here

Gramrock

Post#10 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:25 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:35 am You say SC currency ends with conq, but it goes up to oppressors. Also if u want 2hand gear you can look toward Bastion stair and BB/BE for decent weapons and armor for 2hand tanking.
I just turned 40 and I dunno what bastion stairs are or what bb/be is. would you please elaborate a bit?

I appreciate it!