Recent Topics

Ads

From the first fight we know it's over.

Let's talk about... everything else
cynicprophet

Re: From the first fight we know it's over.

Post#61 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:26 pm

The problem is that you can post these kinda stuff shamelessly meanwhile getting even gold bags for even loosing,trying to agitate and control devs decisions.The problem with that scenario is posted above is the common pug problem.It happens everyday since the beginning due to lack of right compositions,organization.Add that people wants best gear with least effort.If you want to win devs cant help you more than they already are by letting you win bags via loosing.

A common learn to play issue.

Ads
Gorfhag

Post#62 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:26 pm

chookette wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:36 pm Image

Where is the fun ?
First of all, I want to tell you that you have had a super work for 6 years.

However, we must react quickly to what is happening in capital. The game loses all its interest with monumental differences between the wb.

What do you think the players say when for the 10x they are crushed or they crush their opponent? where's the fun?
And what is the problem exactly? That you are getting rolled over? I mean how is that problem of the game or devs? What do you expect them to do about it?

I mean I lose some and I win some. If I pug the city it is lotery and most of time I lose. If I go with party of my friends we sometimes lose and sometimes win, but we are at least having fun as we ha our proper 2-2-2. If I go with our aliance WB we sometimes completelly stomp our enemy and sometimes get rolled over. It is absolutelly normal.

I wonder what you want to get out of this thread...

cseho

Post#63 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:30 pm

The problem is with stage 1. If you lose the first fight you will be sitting around while you cant do anything for the next 15-18 min waiting for the stage to end.

There are many sc's where you can win or contribute even if you are losing the fight, stage 1 could be something like that.

In my opinion you should be able to recapture objectives. if the attackers have more objectives than the defenders start to lose victory points(or something like that). The more they have the faster they win.
So ppl could actually skirmish in the first stage wich would be more like a city fight and give something to the players to do. Defendres could be rewarded more if they hold longer and attackers if they win faster ect.
Premades would still win but pugs wouldnt feel like the whole city is a huge time sink.

Stage 2 is fine and you would have your wb vs wb fight in stage 3.
Szikra ~ Moonthief

Wam

Post#64 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Esmeralda wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:18 pm I like how you guys pretend gear doesn't matter in this game. You can organize all you want but you won't be able to do anything vs sov geared guild premade.
this makes no sense ... we geared up on order first we barely had vanq on many alts at the time both compete for sov (we get sov on order, order guilds get sov on order)

we swap to destro... we do not have sov, order guilds are more likely to be half sov or full sov... we beat order guilds (and this is with mara morale drain nerf which is a big nerf to what we faced when on order so made it harder for destro)

These are just facts, the "gear" argument holds little weight, because some groups i firmly believe we could probably beat with full group in ruin gear... because of our assist and teamwork would be more on point, than other team standing around on flag waiting to die... of course it makes a bigger difference vs higher end opposition because they don't make rookie mistakes and know how to fight / better positioning and counter pressure. Once you get to vanq you are generally pretty competitive on most classes, then invader/sov... and some mixing, it helps with the fine margins.

I believe some groups could probably even beat with 8 witch elfs assisting and weird setups... but take that against a high end order group like lob or mont and it will get smashed.

People used this excuse against us actually, i saw it there stream of voice comms against us, after we had been farming on order for a month or two... 2 weeks after we swap back to destro, they apparently lose because we was full sov (nothing to do with assist and them stacking badly and fighting amonst selves before fight even begin), unless alot of city groups happend without me being aware or leading and this alternate reality where guildies geared up before me then that was news to me... it is the same defeatist mentality we encounted alot "look for excuse for lose" first... then do you find the reason to lose impartial/fairly or biased? destro op? morale bomb op? morale drain op? they full sov? (even when they werent)

Most people in full sov will probably be farming next set of sov on another alt, its unlikely that everyone is going to farm their off set, and warlord although a few will for skins or alternative builds. So you aint going to be facing best group setup possible, your facing the B or C team and thinking its A team where it has more weaknesses and less strengths than what came before it.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Martok

Post#65 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:40 pm

Wam wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:26 pmNo teaming why even be in a mmo.

Now that is funny.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Manatikik

Post#66 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:42 pm

What I have learned from this thread is TUP has never lost a fight a day in their lives and everyone else is just ****.

PUGs are people too.
<Montague><Capulet>

Wam

Post#67 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:44 pm

cseho wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:30 pm The problem is with stage 1. If you lose the first fight you will be sitting around while you cant do anything for the next 15-18 min waiting for the stage to end.

There are many sc's where you can win or contribute even if you are losing the fight, stage 1 could be something like that.

In my opinion you should be able to recapture objectives. if the attackers have more objectives than the defenders start to lose victory points(or something like that). The more they have the faster they win.
So ppl could actually skirmish in the first stage wich would be more like a city fight and give something to the players to do. Defendres could be rewarded more if they hold longer and attackers if they win faster ect.
Premades would still win but pugs wouldnt feel like the whole city is a huge time sink.

Stage 2 is fine and you would have your wb vs wb fight in stage 3.
This is actually the hard part, the test of discipline/boredom/patience ... did enemy give up? are they regrouping? are they going to try sneak? will they adjust their tactics?

I listen to music and wait for them to try again... but to keep group focus when there is a "lull" in action can be difficult, as people will like to derp around more than be focus for fight at hand. (hard to blame them sometimes)

Its semi challenging and requires more effort to hold the north although it can save time if you go full try hard, and can only work if you have clear advantage over enemy... if your against people who dont mind dying and go full try hard pve then it can cause issues with ninja capping... so if they take one of the north then the 3rd bo , it opens up the map and just delays the entire instance because they are doing everything they can do to try win but makes it very tedious... happend to us once or twice and was boring and prolonged.

TreefAM

Post#68 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:47 pm

Wam wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:12 pm I found the 12 man stuff more "fun" but the issue is your going to lose if you come across bigger higher end opposition, so the balance between efficency and fun, if you have the choice. There's alot of variables. Your advice is good whether people pay attention to it is another matter, people just prefer to take the easier route, rant on forums to let off steam after a heavy lost and try change the system instead of adapt to it and improve. Instead of just take it how it is and move on to the next one. I don't make forum posts whenever i lose. You just evaluate and move on, Bad setup, too much pug, not good enough assist etc... things that sometimes go in your favour and sometimes dont.
Oh I know, you can't control what rng fills your instance with, and once you're in it's hard to get everyone to join your discord for more coordination. Few cities that went bad, either when we lost or won by a hairs length is the reason why I consider to start 24mans, but like I pointed out, the people I trust and who join my orvr roaming are parts of bigger guilds with stronger and better organized city warbands, and when you invite people out, it can be fun, there are gems but it's harder to get them to do what you want often and people tend to give up easy.
Though it can be fun when your oposition is a similar semi organized 12+pug group, had a nice fight vs Graffer and his guys some weeks ago where a single mistake at the 4min mark and his amazing flank cost us stage 1 and 2 and a long drawn out fight in stage 3 since Graffer just does not die.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#69 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:51 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:16 pm Would be interesting to see your composition - and if you was full pug, i.e. no discord. Semi-pug, using discord. Or a guild group.

9 players from TUP, 5 Phalanx from same alliance
rest random pugs but with 2-2-2 setup.
Way too many rdps and not enough BORKs + shaman so nowhere close to meta, but still enough to deal with the random order setup which had close to zero assist pressure and 15 sec into first fight quarter of them just fled and left the others to die. Remainder of stage 1 it was few of them trying to make some kind of gathering and the half attempted push and occasional solo hero trying to hero a cannon down alone. Stage 3 lasted maybe 4 mins and half of it being pve. Not really an interesting city, but at least my sorc got 13 invaders so yay.

Wam

Post#70 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:54 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:42 pm What I have learned from this thread is TUP has never lost a fight a day in their lives and everyone else is just ****.

PUGs are people too.
Wam wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:13 pm

ive lost maybe 6 or more instances (3 or 4 pugging) 1 B setup order 7-9-8 instant que order, 1 bugs stage 1 on destro... and one to 3% pve in close fights... this is from fighting everybody on both sides.

You trying to stir the pot even more? :lol:

Did i say we never lose?
Did I call everyone ****?

I said the opposite, but seems like you want to pour more oil on fire... I don't start threads bragging, I don't care about that it is pointless... anyone can beat anyone.

I see my guildies get linked, and I defend premade vs solo Q whine... and caring less about how i come across because i know how the community gets at times and double standard is tiresome. People want to jump on the bandwagon and take shots by all means already see people trying to cherry pick and twist words that wasn't even spoken.

Bring my guild into it ofc I am going to have my strong opinion