Recent Topics

Ads

From the first fight we know it's over.

Let's talk about... everything else
AxelF

Re: From the first fight we know it's over.

Post#51 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:20 pm

Anjanolian wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:14 pm
Drozen wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:08 pm Just gett a proper wb set up, if you bring "wrong" class/set up dont expect to win.

You are very constructive... :roll: :oops:
This is exactly the point though - a WB made up of random solo queuers, unless you're very very lucky and get an 8/8/8 setup is never going to win against an 8/8/8 pug WB even if that WB is put together from randoms in /5.

Add in then not having everyone on Discord which is often a requirement for joining a pug WB put together in /5 and the chances of you winning your solo queue instance is pretty much zero.

And the difference in effort is minimal - have a discord server you can use, and take the responsibility for putting together an 8/8/8 WB from /5 channel.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#52 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:20 pm

I feel like we've pretty consistently encouraged grouping up when developing new content. There's really only the single pug scenario that's intended to be solo, and that changes once a month.

Any expectations that we turn the highest end of the campaign into some solo experience was horribly doomed from the start.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Wam

Post#53 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:26 pm

AxelF wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:12 pm The problem on order side is a lack of people willing to put together and lead pug WB's. It's not true as I've seen claimed that there is no /5 spam on order side with people looking to form 8/8/8 WB's - there are just no people willing to take responsibility for leading.

You see the same names spamming rr 8x KoBS LFG, rr 8x slayer LFG, rr 8x BW LFG etc over and over - more than enough for a really good 8/8/8 WB. I guess these people when they don't get invited to a WB just end up queuing solo and you end up with the 2/18/4 setups that just get stomped.
and that is a player issue

I can understand the amount of hassle, energy and what not you have to put up with leading...

like here having to defend teaming in a mmo not being punished in 2020 vs entitled solo mob who want their cake and eat it without any efforts...

Solo mob wants teamers to be excluded from content

Teamers just want to participate and be treated the same... i am not championing for pugs to get 0 medals for losing and 0 bags, i am not championing to ban solo quers that would be retarded... that is effectively role reversal of what idiots are saying when they want to exclude premades. Then good luck defining premade because everyone will have different term. Is it guild wb only? is it alliance? is it everybody on the same comms? is it everybody on the same comms for the first time?

MMO = TEAMING

GUILDS = TEAMING

WARBANDS = TEAMING

PVE DUNGEONS = TEAMING

END GAME CONTENT = TEAMING

No teaming why even be in a mmo.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Wam

Post#54 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:33 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:20 pm I feel like we've pretty consistently encouraged grouping up when developing new content. There's really only the single pug scenario that's intended to be solo, and that changes once a month.

Any expectations that we turn the highest end of the campaign into some solo experience was horribly doomed from the start.
Gunbad, Burrows/enclave, Bastion

all encourage teaming and many /5 groups have done it

then people don't expect to team for BIS end game content :roll:

or can you please release pve dungeons in future I can solo please? Tovl solo speed run on tank in 20 minutes would be nice 8-)

I am pretty sure when ever lost vale and tovl be released they will be along the similar path to burrows/enclave and bastion

Guild Coins in vipers pit was added to encourage teaming even more

SuperStar

Post#55 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:42 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:20 pm I feel like we've pretty consistently encouraged grouping up when developing new content. There's really only the single pug scenario that's intended to be solo, and that changes once a month.

I did many balanced 2-2-2 wb on one side with high lvl players. But we usually get full guild premade with lot of practice and more better sinergen and coordinate and experience.

The big guild imo not all but many of them try to avoid the other side guild premade. Some of them go for easy win. It's sad on live the big guilds wanna fight with eachother.

What I would like to say the strongest fight aganist eachother. The medium same and weak guyz also.
It would be more fun for everybody.

Now same of us play with the que time to avoid the strong enemy they didn't make full wb only 18 man etc.

What I would like to say if there are weak guyz on both side they should fight aganist eachother and if there hard guild premade they also should fight aganist eachother.

Like ranked sc there are four team 2 2000mmr 2 zero and the guyz with 200 try to catch the guyz with zero. The system can do a matchmaking in city too imo to avoid the avoid.

TreefAM

Post#56 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:46 pm

I usually lead 12-18mans into city, stopped with the 24 since the people I usually do Orvr with and I trust to be good people have their own guilds/alliances with whom they do city. Today was probably the first time that the 12man I led was a full guild.
But not once will I consider my /5 with discord group a premade, It's a pug, it's people who don't often play together in such punishing scenarios as cities, you won't see the same level of coordination in the parties I make as you see in those perfect 6man composition who know what to do at what moment without an order.
You just have to start somewhere with your groups, if you're not part of a guild, setup your own discord "Name" warband, and start forming roaming parties when you're in Orvr, you might not attract a lot of people right away but in time you will start seeing regulars joining your wbs and discord because they're sick of the zerging. Now if you do good, some of those people who are not part of bigger guilds, or get left out of their alliance warbands will probably look to you for leadership in cities, and in that way you'll slowly be able to form up a little community of regulars.
This will not be considered a premade and will probably fall on its head against the "big guild" premades, but it will be organized enough to stomp the usual pugshit and the other semi-organized pugs with discord on the other side.
Edit: Also why would the "big guilds" avoid other guilds if they already have their full sov sets, what are they gonna do with their extra royals, put them in jars and save them for winter?

desizt

Post#57 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Howto turn whining into winning:

1) Invest time into your character, learn your class properly
2) Prove your expertise and join an organized guild
3) Make an effort to set up optimal warbands, with thought-out strategies
4) Make an effort actually coordinating your fights, calling out targets e.g. contributing to the team
5) Ez wins all day, whether its cities or scenarios.

If you solo q with 0 effort invested and expect stuff to be handed to you, then you are not worthy of the said stuff in the first place.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Wam

Post#58 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:12 pm

TreefAM wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:46 pm I usually lead 12-18mans into city, stopped with the 24 since the people I usually do Orvr with and I trust to be good people have their own guilds/alliances with whom they do city. Today was probably the first time that the 12man I led was a full guild.
But not once will I consider my /5 with discord group a premade, It's a pug, it's people who don't often play together in such punishing scenarios as cities, you won't see the same level of coordination in the parties I make as you see in those perfect 6man composition who know what to do at what moment without an order.
You just have to start somewhere with your groups, if you're not part of a guild, setup your own discord "Name" warband, and start forming roaming parties when you're in Orvr, you might not attract a lot of people right away but in time you will start seeing regulars joining your wbs and discord because they're sick of the zerging. Now if you do good, some of those people who are not part of bigger guilds, or get left out of their alliance warbands will probably look to you for leadership in cities, and in that way you'll slowly be able to form up a little community of regulars.
This will not be considered a premade and will probably fall on its head against the "big guild" premades, but it will be organized enough to stomp the usual pugshit and the other semi-organized pugs with discord on the other side.
Edit: Also why would the "big guilds" avoid other guilds if they already have their full sov sets, what are they gonna do with their extra royals, put them in jars and save them for winter?
I found the 12 man stuff more "fun" but the issue is your going to lose if you come across bigger higher end opposition, so the balance between efficency and fun, if you have the choice. There's alot of variables. Your advice is good whether people pay attention to it is another matter, people just prefer to take the easier route, rant on forums to let off steam after a heavy lost and try change the system instead of adapt to it and improve. Instead of just take it how it is and move on to the next one. I don't make forum posts whenever i lose. You just evaluate and move on, Bad setup, too much pug, not good enough assist etc... things that sometimes go in your favour and sometimes dont.

Ads
Anjanolian

Post#59 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:13 pm

desizt wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:05 pm Howto turn whining into winning:
:mrgreen: listen to him guys....keynotes... :mrgreen:
...Bride of Khaine...

Esmeralda

Post#60 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:18 pm

I like how you guys pretend gear doesn't matter in this game. You can organize all you want but you won't be able to do anything vs sov geared guild premade.