Recent Topics

Ads

improvements for ironbreaker?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ostabenny

Re: improvements for ironbreaker?

Post#21 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:59 pm

I wouldn't waste your breath Gryyw, as you said the people in these threads don't understand the state of the class, they just look at the abilities in the character builder.

The IB is great in small scale and pug, but has no real place in high level competitive wbs at the moment other than as a gadget role for a specific opponent. SM and Knight are just too valuable. If anything we should be nerfing them (and their destro mirrors). And also nerf potions.

Ads
Akilinus

Post#22 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:09 am

kmark101 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:52 pm
Akilinus wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:03 pm Put down the pen and paper Kmark.
If you spent half the time trying to improve yourself instead of complaining about balance issues you would probably be a decent player.

I'm just trying to highlight the problems of the class of my choice, with hopes that in the future they will be tweaked for the better. Don't think it hurts anyone. Considering your signature, you are not playing this class so why do you care? I'm not going to the threads of your class and questioning your points...
I rerolled instead of writing X amount of pages on why they need to buff my class.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Honshu
Banned

Post#23 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:53 am

Akilinus wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:09 amI rerolled instead of writing X amount of pages on why they need to buff my class.
Imagine being so snide to another person writing wholeheartedly about his grievances and going on to tacitly admit that the class was so bad you just stopped playing it, thus proving his point that it's underpowered to begin with. Some real smoothbrain posting you have going on there, chief.

I don't know enough about Ironbreakers to offer meaningful feedback. Philosophically, it sounds like they suffer the same issue Witch Hunters/Witch Elves do, to a degree; single target things being terribad compared to AoE. I should think that the single target buffs and abilities that Ironbreakers do should be noticeably better than the sorts of passive benefits KoTBS provide through their auras. I find it rather shocking reading things like passive auras being equal to if not better than Ironbreaker's actively provided buffs. I'd think that, niche-wise, Ironbreakers should be all about picking one dude and being the best damn bodyguard they could ask for.

I should level one sometime and try to piece together what needs to be done about it. Alas, God only gave us so many hours in the day :(

Akilinus

Post#24 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:16 am

Honshu wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:53 am
Akilinus wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:09 amI rerolled instead of writing X amount of pages on why they need to buff my class.
Imagine being so snide to another person writing wholeheartedly about his grievances and going on to tacitly admit that the class was so bad you just stopped playing it, thus proving his point that it's underpowered to begin with. Some real smoothbrain posting you have going on there, chief.

I don't know enough about Ironbreakers to offer meaningful feedback. Philosophically, it sounds like they suffer the same issue Witch Hunters/Witch Elves do, to a degree; single target things being terribad compared to AoE. I should think that the single target buffs and abilities that Ironbreakers do should be noticeably better than the sorts of passive benefits KoTBS provide through their auras. I find it rather shocking reading things like passive auras being equal to if not better than Ironbreaker's actively provided buffs. I'd think that, niche-wise, Ironbreakers should be all about picking one dude and being the best damn bodyguard they could ask for.

I should level one sometime and try to piece together what needs to be done about it. Alas, God only gave us so many hours in the day :(
I did not reroll from IB.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

AxelF

Post#25 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:48 am

As has been stated the real problem with tanks is that the Chosen/KoBS lack of a class mechanic and ridiculous party wide buffs make them so much more valuable then the other two tanks on their realm.

The stat auras need nerfing to about a quarter of their current values, and either some sort or mechanic introduced so that the three auras cannot be up permanently, or the number of auras reduced to two if we're just going to continue without a KoBS/Chosen mechanic.

Once KoBS/Chosen are down to some sort of reasonable level in terms of what they bring to a group then the value of the other tanks to a WB will naturally be higher.

TreefAM

Post#26 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:54 am

Wouldn't it be even worse if it's 2 auras, then wb's would consist of only chosen.
I don't play an IB (only started one up to see what the differences are from BG but I'm not at a level where I can actually tell) but the only reason BGs are viable in wb situations (and still it's only 1 BG) is because of their aoe chance to be crit, wounds debuffs and the aoe snare.
Outside of that, the BG single target buffs aren't anything special, like the str/wp and toughness buff, and for debuffs you have the armor debuff, toughness debuff and ap drain with a disrupt in it.

AxelF

Post#27 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:07 am

Yeah that's a good point! Its the values that really need nerfing - why bring an IB who can buff one player's strength and toughness for 20 seconds if they can land particular skills, when you can bring a KoBS who can buff the whole party's strength and toughness by the same amount if not more permanently just by standing there.

Yes IBs have some brilliant unique buffs like WS and crit, but you just get so much more from a KoBS that its just not worth the trade off currently.

Honshu
Banned

Post#28 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Akilinus wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:16 amI did not reroll from IB.
Then why are you speaking as if you know anything about the class? At least I have the good graces to admit my ignorance. Here you come into the thread not even having the politeness to offer advice from the destro perspective of things, since that appears mostly what you play. Offer assurances that the class is fine and tell people what particular IBs are doing correctly that seem to make a big impact. Instead, without even knowing anything about the class, you sit here on your highhorse telling people to learn to play.

If you have nothing but nonconstructive thoughts to offer and a complete ignorance of the subject matter, it's better to just not post at all.

Ads
Bloodlet

Post#29 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:57 pm

Personally I think Path of Stone needs help to be more attractive and avenging the debt in that tree is junk. It literally has to be the killing blow on the enemy to proc the heal so if you have any sort of DoT from Binding Grudge or Heavy Blow or whatever good luck getting that last hit in with Avenging the Debt. I posted a suggestion awhile back stating maybe it should be a small self condition that if the enemy dies in the next 3-5 seconds then the heal procs.

Also I would suggest that the Furious Reprisal tactic perhaps also lower the cool-down on shield of reprisal or maybe increase the overall damage instead.

hammerhead

Post#30 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:36 am

Bloodlet wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:57 pm Personally I think Path of Stone needs help to be more attractive and avenging the debt in that tree is junk. It literally has to be the killing blow on the enemy to proc the heal so if you have any sort of DoT from Binding Grudge or Heavy Blow or whatever good luck getting that last hit in with Avenging the Debt. I posted a suggestion awhile back stating maybe it should be a small self condition that if the enemy dies in the next 3-5 seconds then the heal procs.

Also I would suggest that the Furious Reprisal tactic perhaps also lower the cool-down on shield of reprisal or maybe increase the overall damage instead.
I see the whole tree as an attempt to make a pure pve tank. And the one who designed it hoped that the dwarves would not climb out of the dungeons. What you offer will not have much power on the battlefield. The task of the tank is to control the territory and now the situation is such that even going behind the enemy’s back can simply ignore you. Not a single tool to how to upset the life of the enemy except the slow. Support is good, but it is strongly tied to the slayer, which makes one IB in some way crippled.

It would be enough to add one or two debuffs so that the enemy clearly understands your presence. It is enough to copy something that other tanks already have and not invent anything from the head.

Oathstone has an amazing low efficiency for its rank ability. It’s possible to replace this rare damage with something similar to Tzeentch's Reflection.

Avenging the Debt is absolute trash. I can’t even find him a use in pve. This is an eyesore that has to be circumvented for the sake of SM spending precious points. This could be a skill for a set of grudges, and you could make a mix of 1 and 2 tree, with an instant set of class resources for protection and crit. Or at least copy something Mind Killer / Big Swing debuff component.

Shield Sweep is the second trash skill. Not worth the spent GCD. One of the two will either remove the cooldown or remove the grudges requirement. Or add to it something similar to Furious Howl.

The Oath of Vengeance tactics, which would be completely sensible in every sense, could add rigidity to the values ​​that BG has. Although I have no claims to specific protection. Maybe even just copying Overprotective to this place would be much better.

In general, claims to an understated AOE in comparison with competitors, which affects even pve.
Lack of a way to quickly dial a class resource in any of the builds.
Lack of sane debuffs that could help control the course of the battle.
I have no complaints about 6x6, no complaints about the city since IB shares the fate of BG and this is a place in the game that you just have to go through. But give us a role a little more than just a bodyblocker at the gate.
(\|)o0(|/)