Recent Topics

Ads

Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fatpig

Re: Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Post#21 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:03 pm

mickeye wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:53 pm
Fatpig wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:24 pm
mickeye wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:13 pm
This caught me aswell... Having permadetaunt shouldn't be a thing.
sure there is no tank using Challenge?
Challenge is 15s of damage reduction with 30s cooldown.
But if it is cast after your detaunt?

Ads
Schett

Post#22 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:32 pm

LordAku wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:53 pm Thx for replay guys
I see we are in agreement that Mara is not in a good place.
Forcing a melee DPS to spec in defensive tali/ren/tactics to survive is kinda...stupid, we have tanks for that.
Also, why do we have such a **** Morals..what I do is M2 either aoe in pvp or ap regen in pve, rarely M1 to snare some1 in pvp.
Our mutations are failed version of WoW warriors stance dance...
Our aoe should be stronger then BW in my opinions since it has like 25 feet range
Our single target dps is good only in pve, since in pvp you will die so fast you cant use it, unless guarded and healed by 2 healers...
Well all melee dps go defensive if they want to 1v1, riposte slayer/we/wh etc.
This was just about 1v1 or 1vX discussion I thought.

For group play you want sov/sent/conq mix with BL weapons, full dmg.
Your M1 is really good for 6man pvp, you can bait focus mind on healers etc.
M2 aoe is best for pve and pvp, when you just want to burst you m2 in 6man, in wb it's one of the best dmg morals in game.

No problem with mutations, you just have to learn the rotation if you're sav/brute spec. If you aoe, you're pretty much always in monstro.
I would argue that your aoe is stronger than BW, in city premade vs premade at least. You can easy kill a BW, while killing a Mara is a whole other thing, you can just always stay deep and do **** tons of dmg.
In the cities we're doing it's either me or Matt (other mara) that is always top dmg. But then again we pretty much only play for premade vs premade fights since that what the game is about.

Tbh I've never enjoyed playing solo in this game. So yes you need 2 healers to heal you for ST spec
Schett - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: TUP / Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan - Destruction

LordAku

Post#23 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:38 pm

Schett wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:32 pm
Forcing a melee DPS to spec in defensive tali/ren/tactics to survive is kinda...stupid, we have tanks for that.
Also, why do we have such a **** Morals..what I do is M2 either aoe in pvp or ap regen in pve, rarely M1 to snare some1 in pvp.
Our aoe should be stronger then BW in my opinions since it has like 25 feet range
Our single target dps is good only in pve, since in pvp you will die so fast you cant use it, unless guarded and healed by 2 healers...

M2 aoe is best for pve and pvp, when you just want to burst you m2 in 6man, in wb it's one of the best dmg morals in game.

No problem with mutations, you just have to learn the rotation if you're sav/brute spec. If you aoe, you're pretty much always in monstro.
I would argue that your aoe is stronger than BW, in city premade vs premade at least. You can easy kill a BW, while killing a Mara is a whole other thing, you can just always stay deep and do **** tons of dmg.
In the cities we're doing it's either me or Matt (other mara) that is always top dmg. But then again we pretty much only play for premade vs premade fights since that what the game is about.

Tbh I've never enjoyed playing solo in this game. So yes you need 2 healers to heal you for ST spec
I need to go full out def to barely stand a chance means armor/toughness tali, full def renowned talents /disrupt tactics, absorb dmg etc/genesis undying set ..riposte is dmg actually unless you are stunned 5 sec.
Yes our Moral can be ok if you live long enough to use them and even then its cone dmg .
Mutations should be on global cd - what if I want to apply anti heal debuff and get back to something else. etc....I can't since its 5 sec, why?
I do top 3 dmg in city...because i do a lot of 200-500 dmg that green Wp can outheal, while taking so much dmg and sharing with tank that my healer gets drained
During fort/keep BW is safe nuking from range...I, if not guarded die in push, if guarded die 5 sec later...BW doesn't and still does dmg, so ..they win aoe fight.
I don't mind dying, having no chance to fight back is my problem in 1v1 , and mass fights are as they are...wins who ever has less afk ppl.
SO at the end, i need a team to help me kill 1 guy, while pretty much others don't.
I don't know about choppas /slayers, I hope they do better then Maras.
And forcing Mara to be aoe..wtf..that should be choppa job in destro.
Mara is an unwanted child, does all....gets nothing done (but pve..love pve as Mara, sooing Ruin gear as 35, was awesome)

wildwindblows

Post#24 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:02 pm

LordAku wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:38 pm
Schett wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:32 pm

I need to go full out def to barely stand a chance means armor/toughness tali, full def renowned talents /disrupt tactics, absorb dmg etc/genesis undying set ..riposte is dmg actually unless you are stunned 5 sec.
Yes our Moral can be ok if you live long enough to use them and even then its cone dmg .
Mutations should be on global cd - what if I want to apply anti heal debuff and get back to something else. etc....I can't since its 5 sec, why?
I do top 3 dmg in city...because i do a lot of 200-500 dmg that green Wp can outheal, while taking so much dmg and sharing with tank that my healer gets drained
During fort/keep BW is safe nuking from range...I, if not guarded die in push, if guarded die 5 sec later...BW doesn't and still does dmg, so ..they win aoe fight.
I don't mind dying, having no chance to fight back is my problem in 1v1 , and mass fights are as they are...wins who ever has less afk ppl.
SO at the end, i need a team to help me kill 1 guy, while pretty much others don't.
I don't know about choppas /slayers, I hope they do better then Maras.
And forcing Mara to be aoe..wtf..that should be choppa job in destro.
Mara is an unwanted child, does all....gets nothing done (but pve..love pve as Mara, sooing Ruin gear as 35, was awesome)
Yeah, You can make a 40/40 mara for farm. Mara really good butcher.

BeautfulToad

Post#25 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:04 pm

I thought the point of mara was as much debuffs (and pull), and if you want kills with mara it is more ST stuff, where you are debuffing as well as doing damage. I never played one for too long, however so I might be wrong about that.

Sofong

Post#26 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:01 pm

thats y i said missing a on demand stun is a huge disadventage, with equal gear and stuffs the mara almost always lose.

wildwindblows

Post#27 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:22 pm

Hard nerf coming for mara in next patch. Don't bother to spend time.

Pandastyle

Post#28 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:22 pm

Uhh what? can you elaborate? How do you know that? I dont want more nerfs Dx
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:37 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:22 pm Uhh what? can you elaborate? How do you know that? I dont want more nerfs Dx
Trash talk, some people you'll learn to ignore. There's no mara nerfs coming.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wildwindblows

Post#30 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:37 pm
Pandastyle wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:22 pm Uhh what? can you elaborate? How do you know that? I dont want more nerfs Dx
Trash talk, some people you'll learn to ignore. There's no mara nerfs coming.
FoF in the nerf list... You said that yestarday in official discord channel