Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder 'Flames of Fate'

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Marauder 'Flames of Fate'

Post#71 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:14 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:50 pm

1) FoF is almost exclusively used in solo fights, therefore I see no issue in discussing it in the context in which it is used. People are throwing the ol' "but the game is not balanced around 1v1", but it's a terrible excuse to justify the existence over something that isn't even used in group fights. FoF/Ensnare exist for 1v1, and in that context it is way too powerful.

2) It is rarely, if ever, used in group fights, thus this isn't really part of the problem.

Tbh, any WL/mara who is not using m1 root in pvp is a bad one, no excuse or exception.
Especially in a group fight you need no parry buff as mara with monstro stance and WL has enough mobility to get out of focus. When your tank is punted you have a 2nd tank to swap guard.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Caduceus

Post#72 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:17 pm

Zxul wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:02 pm
snip
Wow, you're really clutching at straws, huh? :?

Why don't you cool down for a bit? Maybe read some of the things I've posted again.

Or keep bumping my thread so it gets the attention it deserves.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Caduceus

Post#73 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:14 pm Tbh, any WL/mara who is not using m1 root in pvp is a bad one, no excuse or exception.
Especially in a group fight you need no parry buff as mara with monstro stance and WL has enough mobility to get out of focus. When your tank is punted you have a 2nd tank to swap guard.
Maybe?

I played with some good White Lions and none of them use it. I also very rarely see it used when I am not solo roaming.

Even so, I do not see the issue with balancing this skill by moving it to M2, where RDPS can adequately answer it with Focused Mind, or giving the RDPS classes that struggle with it a tool to react to it. For SW the obvious solution would be to make Lileath's Forgiveness (M1) remove root. It's a natural and obvious change, at least for the SW. I don't know other ranged classes well enough to know what a good change would be for them.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Zxul

Post#74 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:17 pm
Zxul wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:02 pm
snip
Wow, you're really clutching at straws, huh? :?

Why don't you cool down for a bit? Maybe read some of the things I've posted again.

Or keep bumping my thread so it gets the attention it deserves.
I will wait with reading them again till I need another laugh.

And I prefer getting you the attention that you deserve as a newest forums whines record holder.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Starx

Post#75 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:26 pm

8 pages and no ones posted the best solution yet... Just give it to magus.

simple as

Hugatsaga

Post#76 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:37 pm
Hugatsaga wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:56 pm To me OP sounds like a professional whiner more than anything. His initial position was that only mara morale root was a problem while forgot to mention WL, who pretty much hard counters every rdps on destro side. Not only they have same m1 but have pounce and working pull as well.
What a disgusting attempt at mud-throwing. Argue the point or see yourself out.

I did have a point. You just decided to ignore it or were too much in your feelings to notice it. Here is another try: you made big deal out of marauder being able to catch rdps with root while their order side mirror class (WL) is way better at catching rdps. Also they have better tools at bursting them down during root duration which I forgot to mention in my previous post.

Caduceus wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:58 pm I don't care about WL.

Whining about mara's ability to catch rdps while ignoring order mirror, WL, shows serious lack of perspective and makes me think you are either new player or a troll. Same thing with talking about mara root as "I-Win -button" while every rdps and healer in the game has access to Focused Mind which removes that root and makes character immune to roots and snare for 10 sec.

Caduceus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:37 pm Moving FoF and Ensnare to M2 would be a satisfactory solution.

Nah. Lets just throw this suggestion in the trash (where it rightfully belongs) instead. Marauder pull got recently gutted which gave order even bigger mobility advantage. Nerfing m1 root would shift that advantage even further in orders favour. Mara/wl m1 shouldn't be touched at all.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Caduceus

Post#77 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Hugatsaga wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:38 pm
Caduceus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:37 pm
Hugatsaga wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:56 pm To me OP sounds like a professional whiner more than anything. His initial position was that only mara morale root was a problem while forgot to mention WL, who pretty much hard counters every rdps on destro side. Not only they have same m1 but have pounce and working pull as well.
What a disgusting attempt at mud-throwing. Argue the point or see yourself out.

1) I did have a point. You just decided to ignore it or were too much in your feelings to notice it. Here is another try: you made big deal out of marauder being able to catch rdps with root while their order side mirror class (WL) is way better at catching rdps. Also they have better tools at bursting them down during root duration which I forgot to mention in my previous post.

Caduceus wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:58 pm I don't care about WL.

2) Whining about mara's ability to catch rdps while ignoring order mirror, WL, shows serious lack of perspective and makes me think you are either new player or a troll. Same thing with talking about mara root as "I-Win -button" while every rdps and healer in the game has access to Focused Mind which removes that root and makes character immune to roots and snare for 10 sec.

Caduceus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:37 pm Moving FoF and Ensnare to M2 would be a satisfactory solution.

3) Nah. Lets just throw this suggestion in the trash (where it rightfully belongs) instead. Marauder pull got recently gutted which gave order even bigger mobility advantage. Nerfing m1 root would shift that advantage even further in orders favour. Mara/wl m1 shouldn't be touched at all.
1) A point? I simply forgot to mention Ensnare since, as an order player, I have only ever had Flames of Fate used on me. When somebody pointed it out I put it in a PS in my original post. What point do you think you have here? Are you simply keen on framing me? Because this is what it seems like, and I find it disgusting. It reeks of intellectual dishonesty.

2) Another attempt at framing without presenting context. Disgusting.

3) Right when I thought we had find some common ground. Oh well. When you're interested in something other than mud-throwing let me know. Otherwise, feel free to bump my thread to give the topic the attention it deserves.

Foofmonger

Post#78 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:07 pm

While we're at it can we get the unique Marauder M3 to the mirror the WL M3? The Marauder M3 sucks.

Ads
Hugatsaga

Post#79 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:25 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:53 pm
2) Another attempt at framing without presenting context. Disgusting.

3) Right when I thought we had find some common ground. Oh well. When you're interested in something other than mud-throwing let me know. Otherwise, feel free to bump my thread to give the topic the attention it deserves.

It's really hard not to call you out because every other thing you write screams “I’m clueless”. Not only you forget WL (not just Ensnare but the whole damn class and its superior mobility) but you also forget about Focused Mind. Then you come up with statements like these:

Caduceus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:50 pm 2) It is rarely, if ever, used in group fights, thus this isn't really part of the problem.

Morale roots are rarely if ever used in group fights? OK dude.

You started this game little over 2 months ago right? According to forum post you posted then that is the case. You say me calling you out on that is throwing a mud or whatever but to me it just confirms that you lack necessary knowledge and perspective to be able to look at situation from both sides to make these sort of balance proposals or keep arguing for your case. All you can see is you getting rooted and react by making “waaah im getting rooted nerf pls” -thread but making balance changes based on that would be a mistake. When you make any balance change, let’s say nerf marauders m1 root, you also indirectly nerf/buff whole lot of classes and in this case that would shift the whole mobility advantage to orders favour even more than it already is. I don't think thats a good idea.

There you go, another bump, you're welcome.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Arbich
Suspended

Post#80 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:32 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:14 pm
Caduceus wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:50 pm

1) FoF is almost exclusively used in solo fights, therefore I see no issue in discussing it in the context in which it is used. People are throwing the ol' "but the game is not balanced around 1v1", but it's a terrible excuse to justify the existence over something that isn't even used in group fights. FoF/Ensnare exist for 1v1, and in that context it is way too powerful.

2) It is rarely, if ever, used in group fights, thus this isn't really part of the problem.

Tbh, any WL/mara who is not using m1 root in pvp is a bad one, no excuse or exception.
Tbh any WL who never use m1 confusing movements in pvp is a bad one.
The mostro mara argument is a good one, but confusing movements has still its use for then. same as for WL and pounce out option...
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM