Recent Topics

Ads

[Mara] or dps [BG] for Solo ?

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kingkunu

[Mara] or dps [BG] for Solo ?

Post#1 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:28 am

Hi everyone.

I'm having trouble choosing a class. I am in love with black guard and marauder. I am mainly a solo casual PUGS player, but my long term goal is solo roam.
Which of these two classes will fare best in this situation?

Sorry of my bad English and thank you for your advice.

Ads
Rumpel

Re: [Mara] or dps [BG] for Solo ?

Post#2 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:29 am

Marauder for me in solo Roaming mostly feels frustraiting. Since playing a witch elf i now know what fun solo Roaming can be.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

jughurta69

Post#3 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:54 am

Rumpel wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:29 am Marauder for me in solo Roaming mostly feels frustraiting. Since playing a witch elf i now know what fun solo Roaming can be.
+1 no acces on best build ( thunderous blow position 14pt here .... and debuff nerf, WL and SW are lucky ;) )

wildwindblows

Post#4 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:13 am

Mara is like a support class here. BG is more tankier and there is no huge damage difference. Also you can think to pick dps BO and Dok too. These are real dps classes on destro side.

Sofong

Post#5 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:10 pm

BG is a much better choice atm , similar dmg, similar debuffs, even go full offense BG still much more tankier than mara, and tanks always easier to fing grps than melee dps.

Dinotron

Post#6 » Sun May 24, 2020 2:23 pm

Mara hits like a wet noodle and their usefulness in organized WBs has recently been nerfed into the ground as well. Go BO/BG. Have fun, be incredibly useful. Don't fall down the Mara hole.

Kingkunu

Post#7 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:01 pm

I'll go BG Thank for you reply :)

nanakaros

Post#8 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Easy pick. BG.

Ads
jvlosky

Post#9 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Does BO/BG bring the morale drain and AP pump that Mara brings?

flatfoot1987

Post#10 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:49 pm

Got a different opinion. I have a BG, BO and a marauder, albeit all of em are lowbies to a different extent. Played some of these classes quite extensively back in live days. Yes, marauders aren't exactly in a best position nowadays. But this is a MMO after all. There's nothing permanent.

But the main point is if you actually want to kill stuff and deal damage you should stick to a dps class no matter what. Yes, tanks in this game have an option to play offensively with 2h and such. But in most cases this ends up in a rather selfish setup because people tend to sacrifice their tankiness in order to get more firepower.

It's not bound to happen but in a lot of cases 'dps tanks' end up being the worst of both worlds rather than the best of both worlds
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP