Recent Topics

Ads

testing some performance addon

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akalukz

Re: testing some performance addon

Post#11 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:49 pm

spoden wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:56 pm I installed the pack and experienced moderate stuttering in scenarios that I hadn't noticed before. It might just be coincidental or this pack is interacting with one of the many mods I have enabled. I've removed the pack and the stutters seem to have stopped.

Just wanted to add my experience for some data.
Did you delete the original folders in char settings?
-= Agony =-

Ads
spoden

Post#12 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Yep, made sure I followed the directions right.

Xergon

Post#13 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:36 pm

balshv wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:40 am Ive just quickly checked and I think the sc lobby is tied to the wb manage stuff, I could be wrong. I have no plan to fix it for now since I level an alt mostly in sc atm. If someone more knowledgeable wants to make this more functionnal, go ahead.
Basically what I did is use the debug tool (/d) during siege and look for the function calls that were happening during the micro freezes. Then deleted the event handlers in the core modules related to those calls. That's basically it. You can get the default modules with easyMyp and the ea util one is from the thread with the fixed default core modules. The manage wb stuff might have an impact on performance or not. Thank you for the feedbacks and I'm glad it fixes some issues for some, I dont have the time or the will to test more for now, sorry.
The freezes issues could come from the server doing wrong or too frequent calls, I don't know, cause I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing when I mess with this stuff most of the time :D
Valiant effort and pretty good approach. Yes, something is strange when you form WB and it starts freezing hard after some big fights. Everything is good when playing solo or even in 6man party, but when reforming to WB, bad performance starts happening. Will try out your stuff.

On another note, there is a lot bad stuff in UI, enabled as default and being a core part of Interface, which is total'y useless. You can disable some, but some u cant, everytime u gonna try disable it, it will re-enable itself. One of my guildy members went full ham on it, and disabling some stuff like EASystem_EventText, which basically disables any combat and notifications numbers in your UI.

Useless list as default EA part of UI is:

Code: Select all

EA_LCDKeyboard
EA_PlayerAssist (SwiftAssist do job of it)
EA_ScreenFlashWindow
EA_SumonningPromt
EA_VideoPlayer
could prob add more, cuz some of them u can replace with better/newer version of addon.

If it goes for myself, addons that give me most concerns/problems are:

EA_UiModWindow and EASystem_ActionBarClusterManager, these 2 basically always show up as yellow after some time of playing.

You can also inspect how much ****(errors) getting generated by your UI, in folder

Warhammer\logs
check out file

uilog
also file

login.051620
shows your problems between your client and server.
Last edited by Xergon on Mon May 18, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

SuperStar

Post#14 » Sun May 17, 2020 12:20 am

Hello guyz is it working with vinyui?
What will happen my ui if I delete the charui?

balshv

Post#15 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Spoiler:
Xergon wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:36 pm
balshv wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:40 am Ive just quickly checked and I think the sc lobby is tied to the wb manage stuff, I could be wrong. I have no plan to fix it for now since I level an alt mostly in sc atm. If someone more knowledgeable wants to make this more functionnal, go ahead.
Basically what I did is use the debug tool (/d) during siege and look for the function calls that were happening during the micro freezes. Then deleted the event handlers in the core modules related to those calls. That's basically it. You can get the default modules with easyMyp and the ea util one is from the thread with the fixed default core modules. The manage wb stuff might have an impact on performance or not. Thank you for the feedbacks and I'm glad it fixes some issues for some, I dont have the time or the will to test more for now, sorry.
The freezes issues could come from the server doing wrong or too frequent calls, I don't know, cause I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing when I mess with this stuff most of the time :D
Valiant effort and pretty good approach. Yes, something is strange when you form WB and it starts freezing hard after some big fights. Everything is good when playing solo or even in 6man party, but when reforming to WB, bad performance starts happening. Will try out your stuff.

On another note, there is a lot bad stuff in UI, enabled as default and being a core part of Interface, which is total'y useless. You can disable some, but some u cant, everytime u gonna try disable it, it will re-enable itself. One of my guildy members went full ham on it, and disabling some stuff like EASystem_EventText, which basically disables any combat and notifications numbers in your UI.

Useless list as default EA part of UI is:

EA_LCDKeyboard
EA_PlayerAssist (SwiftAssist do job of it)
EA_ScreenFlashWindow
EA_SumonningPromt
EA_VideoPlayer
could prob add more, cuz some of them u can replace with better/newer version of addon.

If it goes for myself, addons that give me most concerns/problems are:

EA_UiModWindow and EASystem_ActionBarClusterManager, these 2 basically always show up as yellow after some time of playing.

You can also inspect how much ****(errors) getting generated by your UI, in folder

Warhammer\logs
check out file

uilog
also file

login.051620
shows your problems between your client and server.
Thanks, I got back to rvr earlier than I thought and I've disabled some of the addons you mentioned that I didn't see the first time around in the debug tool. Disabled also some other stuff and it seems to improve even more the performances. I'll update the 1st post with this new version:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/egzs1q4ejny8hl3/

SuperStar wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:20 am Hello guyz is it working with vinyui?
What will happen my ui if I delete the charui?
It should be fine you might not need to delete the user folder stuff anyway. It will probably only reset your chat tabs and loot settings

Rahum

Post#16 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:19 pm

How to hide self unitframes?
Rahum-SW80+
Benzine-BW80+
Buffhead-WP80+
Thiswaip-KotBS80+
Shiniobi-SH79+

Taz83

Post#17 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:29 pm

go to layout editor click on show then click on hide and your fixed

Akalukz

Post#18 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:08 pm

so on the 2nd one, do we need to delete the originals there as well?
-= Agony =-

Ads
Bosli

Post#19 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:13 am

Since you're at it:
There's also some major bug with inventory management (seems kind of like a stack overflow?) that almost always happens after a certain amount of items have been removed and/or added to the inventory. This is the main reason why MGR causes massive stutter after some time, since with one button you lose a seed, gain ingredients and convert 1 ingredient to a seed again. You can easily reach this with using MGR for max. half an hour on a toon without a reload. When it's active, you don't even need to use the addon, you can just open and close backpack for massive stutter which very slightly increases every single time you do this (this is the confirmation that it's not bound to MGR, just takes longer to reach the overflow without it). Reloading UI only fixes this for a short time, less than it takes when restarting the game.

Edit: Might not be something you can fix with addons btw, but it's the most annoying stuttering in the game imo.

Neutra

Post#20 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:35 pm

It seems like all the issues with even the original interface elements and the lua would be worthy to be fixed directly by the devs. And therefore implemented directly into the game?

Would fix many of the performance problems. Performance is as important as content and major exploits / bugs.

I think this deserves more attention. Right?