Recent Topics

Ads

[ENGI] How would you change napalm

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Crumbs

Re: [ENGI] How would you change napalm

Post#21 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:37 pm

im sorry for the people here that are utter garbage at playing the class
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
Starx

Post#22 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:49 pm

Crumbs wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:37 pm im sorry for the people here that are utter garbage at playing the class
Can you teach us how to play? Or are we not worthy? If only every magus/eng was unlocking as much potential as you we would be welcomed with open arms into city warbands surely!

Foofmonger

Post#23 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:53 pm

Crumbs wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:37 pm im sorry for the people here that are utter garbage at playing the class
It's ok man, we realize what's happening.

Starx

Post#24 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:06 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:53 pm
It's ok man, we realize what's happening.
This takes me back to the days of trying to get IB buffed and volgo just telling ppl to l2p. Amazing self sabatogue, but hey that was 3 years ago IB is in a great spot right now right? Maybe after another 6 rounds of knight nerfs...

mytreds

Post#25 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:06 pm

Napalm procs exploding shots.

Crumbs

Post#26 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:30 am

Well I've still got it rough, there's not a week that goes by where I don't think at least once that I should 360-****-dumpster-slam the class and be done with WAR period. But a bit of my sanity comes back and I'll just sit & problem solve for yonks or synergize with my guildies and I'm rewarded a little. Every time you die though sometimes its very hard to, think about what you could've done different, most of the time the answer will just be pre kiting and cc immunity awareness.

For starters if you're already destro id stick to magus of the two, you'll thank me once you've got 4pc offensive sov. (15% crit damage vs 6% armor pen, lol @ engi still trying to get past armor for both aoe and ST builds) I promise you you'll have a rougher time with engi, if you like that, welcome to masochism.

The pets definitely need a change at some point soon, I think I see a tweak to pets coming at least, nothing that increases their max damage potential but rather sustains what they can already achieve.

I was thinking of suggesting a cool-down that allows the pet to be invulnerable for a short period of time, currently thinking if it should be core, or part of a mastery, or if it should be a very large temporary wounds buff.

For those still trying to get these classes to work; the best pointers i can give are:

1.(for city) not to spec too defensively, we've got range, we move in and out of battle as aoe, m2 to almost guarantee our magnets or a perfect aoe setup rotation. Spec high weaponskill even without points in snipe to assist ST groups in spreads. drop turret, gunblast>hipshot>FF, basics

1.5. always use bombard in city unless youve got clear sight of a healer being trained by ST melee. HIDE the damn bombard turret always, get your stacks before you move out of the 40ft zone.

2. funnel as much as you can in city; get whoever you're playing with to understand that's our best strategy because we can hide our flamer/bombard in sneaky places, when we combine all of our aoe at once +m2 and phos shells, and I mean all of it, then we put out some scary aoe.

3. lightning rod is underrated, it sucks alone, but thats part of the aoe rotation, risky move, but how else do BWs and slayers manage?

4. pre-kiting, still our no. 1 best defensive, **** the turret if its too risky and youre not going to be supported. At the same time stay really really mindful of your turrets health, if you can react fast to it dying youll only lose 20% of damage in between rebuilds instead of the full 40%. or just preemptively rebuilding when you see it about 30% HP.

5. Rifleman is your goto spec for SCs, spec extreme glass with as much WS and crit as possible, use bush tactics, reposition in downtime, and keep that range advantage at all times. so never place yourself in place where feet are frequently trampling. please, LOS sorc and magus if they get the jump, dont try bigdick it unless you got m1 -ACTIVE-.

6. Always try to global jurki in 1 rotation at max range when you get the chance. And if you do get him imagine him stomping on his pc for losing to an engi. Once he's in range to do anything to you, gtfo and reposition.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

perche

Post#27 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:07 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:56 pm Crits are already in the pipeline, if needed, but they will come with a normal patch.

Engi/Magus otherwise are fine, we don't have any plans to change them in the near future.

This whole parade of changes to Napalm/Mist were more around proc shenanigans, Dire Shielding, and Blasting Pots, not Engi/Magus balance.

it's a little sad to see 200 tick with napal having 1180 ballistic skill and 40% critical.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Orontes

Post#28 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:28 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:56 pm Crits are already in the pipeline, if needed, but they will come with a normal patch.
That's good news. The current state of the two signature abilities of the Changing and Grenadier mastery's is sad. Not being able to crit. make them irrelevancies.

Ads
Orontes

Post#29 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:42 pm

Why wasn't this corrective part of the recent 5/20 Patch? What is the hold up? It makes no sense these two abilities have crap damage and cannot crit. while being at 13 pts. for their mastery chains.