Recent Topics

Ads

Delay Cities To Peak Hours

Let's talk about... everything else
thesilverlion

Delay Cities To Peak Hours

Post#1 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:06 pm

We currently have a major issue where the majority of city instances are taking place at really early hours in the morning (between 4am-7am European Central Time).

This is because due to population numbers and the game design, it's almost impossible to do a city push in peak EU hours, even though EU does a lot of the early zone pushing.

The result is that the majority of EU players rarely get to experience the most important part of the end game.

To solve this, I think we should have fixed cities at a fixed time during peak hours for both NA and EU (AFTER CAMPAIGN IS CLEARED) (7PM and 1:00AM European central time respectively).

To achieve this, you could delay the start of the city instance (AFTER CAMPAIGN IS CLEARED) to the next peak time slot (either 7PM or 1:00AM), and rotate times every other campaign cycle so both populations can experience it in their respective peak hours.

When one campaign cycle ends, a new one can begin which will unlock the city in the next time slot, so there's still always RVR going on.

This way, both populations can benefit from pushing the start and end of the campaign map, as opposed to one side doing all the pushing and the other reaping the rewards.

EDIT: As people have comprehension issues, I am NOT asking for guaranteed or more cities, I'm saying AFTER a full campaign cycle the city siege should get moved to a peak hours time window.

EDIT 2: Adding sov/inv meds to campaign locks/drops is not the solution. We want to experience the most fun competitive part of the end game (city).
Last edited by thesilverlion on Wed May 13, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
Zaxxond

Re: Delay Cities To Peak Hours

Post#2 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:13 am

HoddsKelevra wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:10 amno,
I would add more but your response is choke full of clarity and impressively the right amount of succinct.

Rubius
Developer

Post#3 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:46 am

HoddsKelevra wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:10 amno,
pretty much nailed it.

(I sympathize with the desire to not miss content, but denying other players that same content doesn't fix the problem at all.)

GONDOR

Post#4 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:59 am

What do you mean? Cities almost always occur between 5pm and 11pm for me. Haven't missed one in weeks. Maybe you should move.

mytreds

Post#5 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:41 am

Probably one of the more brainless and selfish proposals posted here. Cities happen when they happen. Two days ago I missed two cities because they were super early in the NA. Luckily in the past 24hrs I’ve been able to participate in two cities. It all evens out sir, take em when you can, don’t fret when you can’t.

TreefAM

Post#6 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:43 am

The gear will come when it comes, it's not going away, it's end game **** so it's not like they'll introduce something that will overcome it and make the grind harder for you.

EsthelielSunfury

Post#7 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:53 am

Never - compromising the gameplay loop for easier access to end game is what turns MMOs into garbage.

Starx

Post#8 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:54 am

Defending is too easy, its been too easy for years. Respawning in keeps is the biggest culprit. Siege is another massive problem. Ram mechanics are just plain bad, suiciding to kill the ram being a legit strategy. The fact that AoE canons or so OP I was able to level a WE from 1-74 in less than a week during double RR weekend. 3 ppl with discord coordinating fire can wipe out hundreds of people easily, you cant heal through 4-6k dmg AoE every 2-3 seconds. Oil being a gigantic time waster the defenders can use to stall out sieges to pack even more ppl in the keep.

Attackers have **** at their disposal, theres literally nothing you can do until outer goes down in terms of strategy. and really unless the attackers have a massive numbers advantage they lose.

But hey I'm NA and stay up late and hardly ever miss city so i don't really care.

Ads
dirnsterer

Post#9 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:40 am

Organise for city pushes. Have alliances wield WB's, push multiple zones at the same time, have pug herder wb leaders coordinate with alliance wb's. Like one decently made pug wb can pummel a door pretty well in third zone to make people shift for defense. When fort comes up, let alliance wb's in and coordinate the attack. (Yes, this will never happen anymore) Also too bad the zone pop is rather easy to check so it is easy to mount up a suitable defense as you know how many are most likely hitting a keep.

Vayra

Post#10 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:04 am

mytreds wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:41 am Probably one of the more brainless and selfish proposals posted here. Cities happen when they happen. Two days ago I missed two cities because they were super early in the NA. Luckily in the past 24hrs I’ve been able to participate in two cities. It all evens out sir, take em when you can, don’t fret when you can’t.
There hasn't been a city between 18:00-00:00 EU time for weeks if not a full month or more. Only times I've seen a city in the past month is when I either stayed up until like 4 AM or hit a lucky morning city during a work meeting I didn't have to pay much attention to. Yesterday was the first time I even saw a fort in that time slot for 2 weeks or so. It doesn't even out if you're in EU because it's not possible to properly push a city while 2000 players are online.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG