Recent Topics

Ads

Debate about why Order is how it is.

Let's talk about... everything else
Tillbeast

Re: Debate about why Order is how it is.

Post#381 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:03 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:50 am
Mordd wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:26 am
Tillbeast wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am The biggest issue with order not having tanks nor mdps is their players. There is nothing wrong with order melee classes, they are not that much worse than destro whilst destro rdps classes are a lot worse off balance wise in comparrison to orders. Stop playing rdps and dps healers and roll some tanks and mdps and the issues @Mordd mentions above will diminish greatly, getting pulled away or being within 40ft will not be as big an issue as you will have support from many more melee classes.

Its also really not fun as a destro ranged dps to try defend keeps as you are melted by the horde of bws and engineers if you try stay on the wall. I know it would be unfair on order rdps but if they got a significant nerf to make them less attractive to play and gave the order melee classes better looking gear it may solve a lot of issues for the game.
You really should read what you wrote and think about it a bit.

" There is nothing wrong with order melee classes, they are not that much worse than destro"
so you admit they are worse, but you are good with that.

"I know it would be unfair on order rdps but if they got a significant nerf to make them less attractive to play and gave the order melee classes better looking gear it may solve a lot of issues for the game."
So dont make order melee even, just give them better cosmetics and nerf the RDPS so its worse also and more people will play the subpar order melee. THATS your suggestion?

Did that sound differently to your self when you were writing that? because thats what you just said.
As for your talk of just play more melee and the problem will go away. Just play more ranged and the ranged problem will go away. as you said you would have more support and it would be ok that your class isnt as good. I dont know if it is or not. the only argument ive heard is self cleans and healkeg, which are defensive abilities. No one is melting you on the wall with self cleans or healkeg.
I thought it was pretty clear he's annoyed trying to attack Forts and Keeps where Order numbers aren't 1:2 to Destro as usual, which they're used to. Best nerf any kind of opposition, damn it all.

Next thread:"Why did 500 Destro not get into City? 20+ 2/2/2 WBs, please give us crests at least."
I play EU time and its usually order outnumbering desrtro and yes it is highly annoying seiging when faced with the stupid amount of aoe order puts out.

Ads
mytreds

Post#382 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:38 pm

You guys have it backwards.

People don’t play non-order tank classes because they are more attractive.

They don’t play tanks because order has 3 tank classes that are mediocre, while destro has 3 tank classes that excel at what they do. Because the tools given to destro tanks to actually tank are stronger than what order has available.

Mordd

Post#383 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:56 pm

Tillbeast wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:58 pm
So you think order melee should be buffed or destro melee nerfed but order ranged left alone. Seems a little unfair. Order melee is not that bad as everyone makes out. The 2/2/2 city warbands on order win as much as destro do its just there is not enough melee so your ranged heavy dps warbands lose due to no guard etc. The issue from a destro rdps point of view is not the number of sorcs and magus we got its just order aoe is a lot better than destros and we do melt if we try to defend the walls. The advantage destro have in melee is minor however there is a huge advantage in favor for order in ranged aoe damage. End of the day Order has the advantage in forts whereas destro advantage is in city. Order already has the highest dps melee class its just destro's utility from MSH and DoK being slightly better than WP that gives them the edge in the melee train...destro has nothing that comes close to the aoe output of a bw ranged wise. Something has to be done, however nerfing one realms melee class or buffing the other is not the answer unless you nerf the advantage of the realm with superior rdps. Players are not going to switch away from there bws or engineers unless order melee is made better than destros melee then all you going to hear then is destro asking either there melee to be made better than orders or there ranged better than orders as any buff made to order melee unless extremely minor will give order both the advantage in melee and ranged.

The problem is with order players not there classes, there are far too many eng, bw and dps ams and nowhere enough tanks or slayers. Ideally a very slight buff to slayers and ASW and a reduction in the amount of aoe damage bws and engis do is all thats needed but as i said order players will not switch to melee unless order melee is made better than destros....its why they prefer ranged as order ranged dps is blatantly better than destros.
I didnt say order ranged shouldnt be nerfed if melee is buffed. I said I havent seen a decent argument for that. I dont know the comparison well enough to make a call on that. But as you just said you cant jsut call for a nerf to Order RDPS without fixing some of the melee issues. We list two abilities that need adjustment and talk about why they are too strong or need an analog.

If you think order RDPS aoe is too strong list the skills and the reason they are too strong. What aoe does order have that destro RDPS not that is making it OP? Make your argument. Just saying its too strong doesnt really help. If you want a change you need to show why. Other wise it just looks like the far more RDPS order has is the reason Destro RDPS is having a hard time. You said that with our tanks, but we have listed 2 specific skills that are a problem and why they are a problem for order Melee. Get some real info and start a topic about that.

Omegus

Post#384 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:59 pm

mytreds wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:38 pm You guys have it backwards.

They don’t play tanks because order has 3 tank classes that are mediocre, while destro has 3 tank classes that excel at what they do. Because the tools given to destro tanks to actually tank are stronger than what order has available.
Nobody new to the game knows anything about class balance. Also, what on earth are you on about? KOTBS is fantastic and IBs are a menace in the right hands too.

Finally, the most important tank skills are all generic (guard, HTL, challenge, taunt, etc).
Manatikik wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:04 amAnd it’s pronounced Fenryl + /5 : )
Sorry, when looking to see who we were facing B comes before F in the list ;)
Last edited by Omegus on Mon May 11, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Omegus

Post#385 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:06 pm

When Order brings the right DPS classes in a 2-2-2 and avoids the morale drop: https://i.imgur.com/QsC2pVC.jpg

Ridduk

Post#386 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:10 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:06 pm When Order brings the right DPS classes in a 2-2-2 and avoids the morale drop: https://i.imgur.com/QsC2pVC.jpg
Looks like that /5 Order wb ;)

Stophy22

Post#387 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:57 pm latest hot take on why Order is how it is (from a filthy xrealmer who has +80 chars on both sides);

I blame the trinity of Order ezmode classes;
BW
Engi
WL

New players ask what toon to make, "roll engi"; why - good dmg, long range, good self healing, decent utility. Why not? Lot of roleplay community around engis, lot of easy keep defences, lot of easy ranged snipes - just sit back and shoot something from 180ft while the targets detaunt ends at 100ft range.
New player asks "I want to do high dmg" - "well roll a BW" , highest AoE dps in game, always wanted for warband, stupid easy kills from ROF spam. M2 bomb, insane high AoE melt dmg, even a goddamn self cleanse + self armor buff, own AP regen just in case, root just in case, AoE knockback just in case, same ranged ST nuke spec as Sorc while only maybe -10% behind in potential peak dmg burst. I leeched my own Conq gear on BW back in the day by just standing behind pug wbs, doing RoF + proc + proc + proc + proc, using my own HOT pot to stay alive, and stealing most of medals from friendly warbands because my ROF did more dmg than 2-4 dps players from any specific WB parties, and doing it as AOE attack from range without any need to target anything. Lot of BWs around, always few dozen in every keep defence, crowding the walls with the Engis. Rain of freenown when getting to a fort defence, spam that ROF and post your latest skillscore about how amazing your ROF placement was when it comes to melting 24 pugs who keep dying without even getting close enough to fort room where they would die to someone elses AoE.

White Lions.
Sure, some say they are OP, but honestly they nowhere close to OP now. They used to be more powerful than their current state, still salty over losing my own CS burst last october or so. CS burst is now barely 2-4k crit dmg in 1 GCD, it used to be 4-6k in the past with just one ability. ROR took some old live endgame values, such as 1500 armor debuff, and slapped them to WL/Mara. That 1.5k was minor worry in WAR endgame in 2013 where everyone and their alts had minimum of 4-6k armor on even healers. Then same 1.5k armor debuff was slapped to ROR, except classes here were using Deva (2016), Anni/Ruin (2017), Conq (2018), and unless you were a tank, there was high chance that your light armoured squishy class had 0 armor, after this totally balanced melee range class with 65ft gap closer pounced after your ass and executed the usual Pounce+FO+CS combo in 2-3sec timestamp, often resulting in 4-10k dmg done, and an almost guaranteed kill unless target was guarded or heavily healed.
Anyone playing Destro for past years knew that a WL pouncing on a squishy target was pretty much almost guaranteed death. So, with that in mind, lot of players either avoided solo roaming on rdps, or rather focused on playing mdps where being able to parry few hits might just save you from death. During the peak of Guardian "rebalancing", you might have seen 10-20 WLs roaming the zones, and 0 Destro left roaming (January-March 2018). The pet spec got buffed to such levels that you could pretty much win the fight by sending your pokemon to deal +5k dmg in 3sec due to LF dmg addition to pet and add your own +10k burst within same 2-3s timestamp. The more armored the WL player was (wounds + toughness), the higher your pet would hit (players aimed for 800-900 str, 400-500 WS, +500 toughness, pet gained more STR+WS from player tough+wounds).
Ofc due to Guardian WL, I also stopped bothering with trying to play as Destro solo, since fighting 1 Guardian WL required a team effort to take down, and decided to go with the tide, and enjoyed the spec as it was stupid easy to pretend to be afk and watch as your pet alone shreds some WE to death in 4 sec of combat.

Eventually Guardian is "reworked" to current levels, where its bit meh compared to its past glory. But years of WL bullying has left its mark on Destro players DNA, meaning the few rdps still are extremely careful around WLs, or old time players still stick to their melee mains over considering rdps (who are arguable weaker than Destro melee). Add to the mix Torques Disrupt patch (lasted almost a year), where every DOT could be disrupted against and landing 9 ranged attacks with AoE into blob would against all odds somehow result in 9 disrupts. So yeah, it was probably bit tiresome for most Destro rdps players, who either quit, or went with the tide, and rerolled mdps/tanks/heals.
Ranged Squig/SW specs were gutted in 2017 due to M2 complete removal from game + close range tactic being "fixed". The remaining Magus/Sorc rdps suffered from the Disrupts + WLs overperforming/balanced issues.
Then you can also add Choppa 1st stage GTDC-wave, when it was a 65ft pull in 2018. So Destro avoids ranged, and forms a meleeball. Tanks+melee work together as a ball. Destro dominates open with melees, Order dominates anything that can be funneled with rdps.

Order keeps doing their own ranged stuff still just fine and without having to fear being oneshot by WLs (even later pouncing msh meatballs are nowhere as deadly as peak WLs).

Sadly cities are not same as keep defence, so years of one side favouring melee and avoiding rdps (Destro), triumphs over the side that plays like its trying to defend a keep 24/7.

.t clearly biased xrealmer
Very informative thank you :)
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Mordd

Post#388 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:06 pm When Order brings the right DPS classes in a 2-2-2 and avoids the morale drop: https://i.imgur.com/QsC2pVC.jpg
Isnt that the one you were just saying how they still lost stage 3?

Ads
Thorakk

Post#389 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:06 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:59 pm
mytreds wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:38 pm You guys have it backwards.

Nobody new to the game knows anything about class balance. Also, what on earth are you on about? KOTBS is fantastic and IBs are a menace in the right hands too.

Finally, the most important tank skills are all generic (guard, HTL, challenge, taunt, etc).
Manatikik wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:04 amAnd it’s pronounced Fenryl + /5 : )
Sorry, when looking to see who we were facing B comes before F in the list ;)
Comparing classes based on their common toolkit is beyond ridiculous. Seriously
Looking at the classes as a whole, Order tanks are mediocre compared to their counterparts.
Now, take the fact that they look cooler, have more utility as actual physically blocking enemies, their off spec are actually viable.

Omegus

Post#390 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:11 pm

Mordd wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:22 pm
Isnt that the one you were just saying how they still lost stage 3?
Yes. In stage 1 and 2 we were slaughtered and in stage 3 we were just able to hold onto our champs before they all despawned and we got a clutch win on the king kill by 4%. Our WB leader deserves some respect for getting us through.

I could talk about how the killcount means nothing and how staying positive and engaged in the face of over whelming odds resulted in a 5 star city win on stage 3... but we all know few if any players will change their behaviour based on this thread.