Recent Topics

Ads

BB/BE changes - more grind for less fun

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Bosli

Re: BB/BE changes - more grind for less fun

Post#11 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:18 am

Dalsie wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:18 pm If you don't wanna do it, don't do it. No one is forcing you.
You do indirectly force players to do the content by locking a best in slot ring behind it.
Dalsie wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:18 pm Stop wanting everything handed to you on a silver platter.
Can you explain how accepting having to do a dozen runs of a dungeon (with a 4 days lockdown = more than ONE FULL MONTH of grind) is "wanting stuff for free"? It already was tedious, yet people went for it. I don't know why they get spit in their face by making it even more tedious than it already is.
adamthelc wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:29 pm Doesn't really seem like that big of a deal. Its still easy and shorter than the rest of the PvE.
It's not though, because barely anyone goes for full BS influence. Getting full influence in city dungeons takes by far the longest.

Ads
Bosli

Post#12 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:25 am

Stophy22 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:35 pm The changes were just making it so you couldn't skip certain parts of the dungeon lol, A normal bb/be run will take 30 more minutes most if you're doing everything correctly.
That is 30 more minutes per run (equals SIX HOURS total for the ring) as well as every weekly run to get the talisman.
Schett wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 pm After the changes I've done this in 50min and we could do it quite a lot faster. Before the change we did it in 30min ish and could still push the time.
Just more reason for people to start speedrunning ;)
So even if you bring it down to 45 minutes now, that is still a f***ing 50% increase in clear time (though I'm sure your times are very overexaggerated). I don't know what game you are playing, but doing the same PvE in this game over and over is not fun. Why are we increasing the play time on parts that are not fun?
Also, with mobs that stun on pull, constant buggy AP drains and bosses that oneshot when they get moved too far are just mechanics to counter speedruns and increase time overall (good luck pulling the whole skeleton room in BE, let alone more than one mage).

Stophy22

Post#13 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:28 am

Bosli wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:25 am
Stophy22 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:35 pm The changes were just making it so you couldn't skip certain parts of the dungeon lol, A normal bb/be run will take 30 more minutes most if you're doing everything correctly.
That is 30 more minutes per run (equals SIX HOURS total for the ring) as well as every weekly run to get the talisman.
Schett wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:31 pm After the changes I've done this in 50min and we could do it quite a lot faster. Before the change we did it in 30min ish and could still push the time.
Just more reason for people to start speedrunning ;)
So even if you bring it down to 45 minutes now, that is still a f***ing 50% increase in clear time (though I'm sure your times are very overexaggerated). I don't know what game you are playing, but doing the same PvE in this game over and over is not fun. Why are we increasing the play time on parts that are not fun?
6 hours is not very long when getting the ring takes like a month... complaining that they fixed the dungeon because it was broken and you can’t run it as fast as possible because you have to fight all the bosses and can’t skip content is just silly.

Why not propose that the dungeon is boring and would be more fun if the mechanics were more interactive?
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Bosli

Post#14 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 am

Stophy22 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:28 am 6 hours is not very long when getting the ring takes like a month... complaining that they fixed the dungeon because it was broken and you can’t run it as fast as possible because you have to fight all the bosses and can’t skip content is just silly.

Why not propose that the dungeon is boring and would be more fun if the mechanics were more interactive?
I'm pretty sure that six hours (per toon) wasted on tedious and boring trash mob clearance is a lot of time for most players here, considering what we are playing.

Stophy22

Post#15 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:59 am

Bosli wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 am
Stophy22 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:28 am 6 hours is not very long when getting the ring takes like a month... complaining that they fixed the dungeon because it was broken and you can’t run it as fast as possible because you have to fight all the bosses and can’t skip content is just silly.

I'm pretty sure that six hours (per toon) wasted on tedious and boring trash mob clearance is a lot of time for most players here, considering what we are playing.
Its 30 minutes at worst.

15 minutes realistically. You have to kill a boss and 2-4 more pulls. I said 30 minutes to be generous of the under-geared players but realistically you look at like 10-15 more minutes. Hardly an issue man. If you're really trying to try hard it and optimize your group too you should be fine.

And even then... come on lol.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Omegus

Post#16 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:07 am

The thing is with the fix and requiring you to get the 3 items is that they've removed the ability for players to try different strats on the boss. Sometimes it's perfectly possible with an optimum setup (and usually when overgeared) to speed up a run by being able to ignore boss mechanics and just heal through it.

Even if your group is good enough to be able to take out the end boss in BE without needing some of the items you are forced to get them anyway.

But still, I'll take a longer BE if they made BB less irritating. There's no real challenge, just a lot of annoying mechanics and - so I've heard - a lot of mobs with far higher health compared to the order dungeons.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#17 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:09 am

We haven’t changed skeletons , maggot or any mob abilities / HP . I think the issue is no one ever reported the items didn’t worked and was not necessary to kill Barakus and now you discover the 2 other miniboss . I don’t create content to make them skipable , otherwise i can just closes the portal to the miniboss and don’t bother rebuild their abilities . Now if those miniboss have bug , please add them to the BT , I already fixed some issue with them that tester reported to me this week .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Nekkma

Post#18 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:04 am

Grunbag wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:09 am I think the issue is no one ever reported the items didn’t worked and was not necessary to kill Barakus and now you discover the 2 other miniboss . I don’t create content to make them skipable , otherwise i can just closes the portal to the miniboss and don’t bother rebuild their abilities .
Well, as I recall it you typically only did one of the minibosses on live (the hearth?) so I just assumed it was working as intended when we did the same here.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Omegus

Post#19 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:05 am

Grunbag wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:09 am We haven’t changed skeletons , maggot or any mob abilities / HP . I think the issue is no one ever reported the items didn’t worked and was not necessary to kill Barakus and now you discover the 2 other miniboss . I don’t create content to make them skipable , otherwise i can just closes the portal to the miniboss and don’t bother rebuild their abilities . Now if those miniboss have bug , please add them to the BT , I already fixed some issue with them that tester reported to me this week .
The hp thing and maggots locking down classes isn't a new thing sadly. Seems to be part of the intended design much like the skeleton mages being some of the deadliest mobs around. Getting debuffed without getting the gag self ability is such a common thing that I didnt even know that gag self existed until recently and I have the sentinel ring (the op reported the gag self bug in january on the tracker).

The other big bug with bb/be is that if the dungeon detects that a boss doesn't need to be spawned (lockouts and/or reforming a group) then it doesn't remove the barrier associated with that boss, causing the instance to soft lock :(.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Shooshpanzerer

Post#20 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:07 am

Vayra wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:01 pm Yep, remove tedium, not difficulty. Though with the aggro swap mechanics those are broken here since Taunt is broken in PvE. Taunt is supposed to force mobs to attack you 3 times and generate a lot more threat than it does now. I've had issues getting aggro off people doing nothing but detaunting through Taunt, Challenge and spamming double threat attacks. A good example is left wing last boss in BS. If MT gets punted and the OT doesn't have 2nd threat, it's almost impossible to pull him off whichever dps got it.
With the left wing boss that's the intended behavior, you are supposed to control dps on it.