Recent Topics

Ads

Forts are by far the most INFURIATING part of the game

Let's talk about... everything else
Tamtam

Re: Forts are by far the most INFURIATING part of the game

Post#21 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:52 pm

The fort experience, while sometimes is frustrating, it is surely simpler than taking certain keeps wi 250+ people inside.
I personally like the fort as it is, as it represents the true spirit of WAR .. massive clashing of organized warbands. Uunlike cities, that is just 1 WB vs 1 WB micro-managed elitarist content.
Unfortunaltely, mass dc occur in forts several times and this really ruins the overall experience

Btw, If you really want to advantage attackers, one possible way is to add another funnel point to the keep. Example: make orcapults baseline in forts and give access to the top fort to the attackers.

Ads
empmoz

Post#22 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:07 am

The only problem I have with forts is getting through the door into the lord's room. If you don't get in first time, people tend to afk/leave, which makes it harder for the 2nd push, and so on.

nat3s

Post#23 » Mon May 11, 2020 12:03 pm

I love forts... Only problem i have is i just dont get to do them. 2500 online, competing for 250-300 fort spaces.

Where i only play 2-3 hours from 6pm-9pm EU prime due to work commitments and I have bits to do such as moving the car, getting the kids dinner, tidying up, taking the rubbish out etc etc I just can't qualify for a fort. I also play EU prime time where it's usually constant stagnation with no zone locks. If I'm lucky I'll login whilst the pre-fort zone has been contested for several hours, but then I need to try to catch up on contrib against all the hardcore players who can play for 6hours in a single session.

Bombling I know you mean well, but it's infuriating seeing you take a fort space from someone who needs Invader. You boast about 1000 invader medallions on your stream, that's 1000 invader someone else could have earned who is sitting at rr80 with like 40 invader medals.

We need to allow everyone to join forts again or make it like live where you could earn invader/sov outside of forts/cities. Cities are the same, they never happen in EU prime, ive sat on 34 sov medals for over a month, not a single city instance (queued 7 times as Destro in that time without a queue pop).
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

enzoneon

Post#24 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:01 pm

I also find the fort very frustrating. Here is how it plays out for me. First, we wipe a couple of times on the front gate. Then we come true and start running in circles wiping everything that's red. The running in circles goes on for 20mins or so... And then it's time for the choke point wiping. Every 3-4min we build up our moral, then someone counts down, we push together and we wipe together- rise and repeat....even if you win it doesn't feel right. By the way I'm not sure that I ever won.

The worst part is that you are forced to do them. At least if you want to progress after Vanquisher. I'll try to do them with organized group to see if forts feel different but I'll be really surprised if this is the case.

Forts availability is also a problem (or a blessing). For someone that plays only in "stale hours"- 8-10pm. I didn't get a chance to queue for a fort since 2 weeks at least...Not sure if it's possible to get an Invader set this way.

Reinhart

Post#25 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:23 am

Can we please get an update for this?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#26 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:50 am

Reinhart wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:23 am Can we please get an update for this?
Forts are bad. We want to make them better, but it's hard and takes a long time.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Reinhart

Post#27 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:15 am

wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:50 am
Reinhart wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:23 am Can we please get an update for this?
Forts are bad. We want to make them better, but it's hard and takes a long time.
Thank you Wargrimnir. Your work is greatly appreciated. Is there a chance for temporary balance hotfix while dev team are working on a better changes?

toffikx

Post#28 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:27 am

Tamtam wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:52 pm Uunlike cities, that is just 1 WB vs 1 WB micro-managed elitarist content.
Lmao, now even warband fights are too elitist. We just have to find the chp 22 elitists, the duengon elitists and the circle will be complete.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#29 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:38 am

toffikx wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:27 am
Tamtam wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:52 pm Uunlike cities, that is just 1 WB vs 1 WB micro-managed elitarist content.
Lmao, now even warband fights are too elitist. We just have to find the chp 22 elitists, the duengon elitists and the circle will be complete.
Real chapter 22 pros do it with 3 parties and only 2tanks.

Merdur

Post#30 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:27 am

So many problems with forts and keeps and just general rvr balance could be fixed by changing the ae cap to a much lower number. The current problem is that even a full rush of tanks with t4 morale melt before they can even get to the door by the shear amount of ae damage. Change it to 10 if that's still to much lower to 6. Wouldn't hamper open field so much since people are spread far enough that you're likely to only hit 10 on average and scenarios don't have large pools of players either. Wouldn't really effect cities either due to the small size relative to orvr and forts. Changing the cap would be the easiest solution to the problem then trying to retrofit keep designs.