Recent Topics

Ads

Toxicity in Ranked SC

Let's talk about... everything else
M0rw47h

Re: Toxicity in Ranked SC

Post#61 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:12 am

Draugris wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:51 am
Twyxx wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:44 am Wanting players to only q ranked if they have gear is.... elitist?
From the Patch Notes:
you may only queue for Ranked scenarios if you have an item level of 45 or higher in each of your armor slots, including the Belt slot.
So this is what the developers decided you can expect in ranked as a minimum, which is what, Annihilator gear, i guess. So it seems they wanted to let people play in ranked early. Expecting or demanding that everybody that queues ranked has gear above this to the extreme of demanding that you queue only if you have souv/inv gear yes that is elitist. Hopefully mmr will over time sort that out.
...and from hotfix:

- To queue up you need to have the tome unlock for any of the following sets: Sentinel, Conqueror, Dominator, Vanquisher, Oppressor or Invader.

Ads
popperz

Post#62 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:14 am

Draugris wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:51 am
Twyxx wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:44 am Wanting players to only q ranked if they have gear is.... elitist?
From the Patch Notes:
you may only queue for Ranked scenarios if you have an item level of 45 or higher in each of your armor slots, including the Belt slot.
So this is what the developers decided you can expect in ranked as a minimum, which is what, Annihilator gear, i guess. So it seems they wanted to let people play in ranked early. Expecting or demanding that everybody that queues ranked has gear above this to the extreme of demanding that you queue only if you have souv/inv gear yes that is elitist. Hopefully mmr will over time sort that out.
You can come into BB/BE with ruin or green gear. But you don't. Just the fact that you have the opportunity not always means you have the capability.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#63 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:44 am

Game community IS pretty toxic (actually one fo the most toxic MMO communities I ever was part of). However, you may get on a GM's bad side if you defend yourself verbally and "get put on a list", seriously.

Just my experience. Be careful.

Richardwarhawk

Post#64 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:21 am

It can be a serious problem and it can reduce morale in these ordeals, of course when it includes you trying to get gear. People need to try to respect each other and play together, RvR builds just don't work in scs, AOE I mean. You also have to think that a lot of people in this game are new and still don't understand the basics of the game.

Sofong

Post#65 » Tue May 05, 2020 9:36 am

some ppl r always bitching about almost anything anyways. .

Elemint

Post#66 » Tue May 05, 2020 10:23 am

I don't think people played a modern competitive game if they think this one is even remotely toxic. Not to mention GMs are so very keen on curbing negative behavior. So you've been met with criticism. Either consider the point behind the (very often not even harsh, just curt) words, or simply ignore it. I don't really get what the point of this thread is

Draugris

Post#67 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:37 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:12 am ...and from hotfix:
- To queue up you need to have the tome unlock for any of the following sets: Sentinel, Conqueror, Dominator, Vanquisher, Oppressor or Invader.
Ok, I missed that they increased that. But It does not change the problem does it. If a dude queues up in Conq and all others are in Inv/Vanq and people calling him out for that.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Draugris

Post#68 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:43 pm

popperz wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:14 am You can come into BB/BE with ruin or green gear. But you don't. Just the fact that you have the opportunity not always means you have the capability.
The devs decided that you should be able to queue up ranked at a certain item level. If you meet that item level, then you should be able to play without being called out. and your point regarding dungeons is invalid btw. You are not able to queue solo for a dungeon, this is premade content and like in premade ranked you are able to choose people with the equipment you think is enough or useful, that is perfectly fine. But for solo queue, no.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
Starx

Post#69 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:03 pm

premade ranked is dead, it only pops when you let another guild know you are queing and they have the players online to que as well. It's not something you just get the boys together and que for.

Solo que ranked is the only thing that has a chance to take off here, devs should focus on making that as good as possible.

Toxicity exists in every online game's competitive MM so to expect something different here is just dumb.

The problem with this game is every player in a 6 man has a major impact on your own performance. This isn't like counter strike were you can just carry bad players on your own, you are beholden to the other 5 players in your team to fulfill their role. You can't just pop off as say a mara when your tanks are playing bad and your healers are oop or dont know how to heal.

M0rw47h

Post#70 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:11 pm

Draugris wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:37 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:12 am ...and from hotfix:
Ok, I missed that they increased that. But It does not change the problem does it. If a dude queues up in Conq and all others are in Inv/Vanq and people calling him out for that.
Depends on class. I don't mind tank being in conq, if he can apply his CC/taunts/challenges/morales properly, but I do mind, if my DPS does less damage than tanks.