Recent Topics

Ads

Thoughts on King’s Ransom Battle Kit (Slayer Offensive Sov Set)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tragus

Re: Thoughts on King’s Ransom Battle Kit (Slayer Offensive Sov Set)

Post#11 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:33 pm

I agree with Cimba thoughts and suggestions, thanks for take your time to make this post, hope devs take a bit of their time to read it.
ORDER
Hynmar WP / Mightguy Slayer / Ryuken BW / Chatarra Engi / Dojutsu SW / Ironhyde IB
DESTRO
Senju DoK / Angrytoad Choppa / Hynretic Zealot / Senjutsu Mara / Heymdall Magus

Ads
kikogne

Post#12 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:42 am

Totally agree, we need sov better than invader

zulnam

Post#13 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:06 am

kikogne wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:42 am Totally agree, we need sov better than invader
Word on the street was that slayer invader was gonna get a nerf on the 6/7 bonus.

Wish granted. :D :lol:
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Elemint

Post#14 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:55 am

Yeah it's pretty insane that a lower set should have more effective WS than supposedly BiS.
Loving the ability suggestions, very creative

Cimba

Post#15 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:51 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:43 pm Agreed mostly, even if my hope remains that all +2masteries are removed from endgame sets.
7pc Sov should be better than running 5pc Sov + 2 pc Conq from 2017...
My hope is that some of the useless tactics are changed into something that make these two extra points valuable :)

geraldtarrant

Post#16 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:12 pm

Agree with OP!
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

Arbich
Suspended

Post#17 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:38 pm

mhm... what the competition to sov set for slayer? Invader? Is Invader set fine or quite a hefty buff to slayer? I would lean to the latter and sov set still give more stats (every stats) in comparison to invader. If you compare full sov to a mixed set, you get less wounds and str, but still more armor and armor pen. And the setboni 6,7 and 8.

4. bonus: whats the problem? you get more base armor pen with sov than with inv. So thats an improvement. I see no problem

6. bonus: giving points in the tree were almost every slayer put points in anyway (as off tree) makes sense, yes.

7. bonus: There I don´t get what you are saying at all. You said its an decent proc, but redundant cause SW and Kobs has this ability also and it doesn´t stack. Actually its increases variability. If you deem this proc that important, you are not forced to take a SW or Kobs in your party, if you have a slayer with sov set. And if you think that SW or Kobs are mandatory anyway (and make sov proc that way redundant), than this is a bad balance issue and cement their status further by giving them an stacking crit debuff also would be totally wrong way to adress the issue.
The kind of problem with 7. bonus is that its also on WL, WH, dps AM and dps RP (classes without auto-attack. just to adress this idea also...), which actually kind of make it a bit redundant. If slayer is a low tier in comparison to this other dps, then yes a change to 7. bonus might be a valid idea. But if slayer is a top tier in comparison to this other dps (thats my point of view), then I think it would be a better idea to beef the 7. bonus for the other classes up.
The target takes 5% more dmg is the BW bonus, not?

8. bonus: don´t know. the extra abilities in this thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=37733 are a thing or not? If yes, thats an incentive to get full sov, imo. If not, the 8. bonus is kind of weak and need a buff.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Illuminati

Post#18 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:47 pm

+1
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Ads
Orgruk

Post#19 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:10 am

Good job done here, I would just sumfin about the 8 pieces bonus.

As you said, root breaking snare is just meh, it must be something unique and related to our class mecanics.

Why not a :
  • passive reduce length of Knock Down, Snare and Root by x %
  • or passive reduction to our rage debuffs
This way Choppa/Slayer would think twice before skipping the 8 pieces bonus within its build and wouldn't be too much OP 'cause we'll have to lower strength by not mixing with other sets bonuses. ;)
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

adapter
Suspended

Post#20 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:30 am

Oi Oi, Kabuchop 'ere!

I definetly agree that the Royal sets for Choppa and Slayer really need reworks in stats and bonuses, i can say atleast from the Choppas i get to play with since we run a Greenskin Guild that is mostly based on Choppas, we are using only 5 pieces of Sov combined with something else (Conqueror, Sentinel, Beastlord)

We need Sovereign Set to be BiS and not this half weird set.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon