Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] General gear guide questions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
trixrabbit

Re: [Zealot] General gear guide questions

Post#11 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:23 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:41 am You're only competing against yourself for loot in keeps so you are guaranteed a steady supply of bags of all colours
What do you mean ?

Ads
Omegus

Post#12 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:43 am

trixrabbit wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:23 pm
Omegus wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:41 am You're only competing against yourself for loot in keeps so you are guaranteed a steady supply of bags of all colours
What do you mean ?
Unlike forts and PQs where there are a fixed number of bags and everyone is competing for them, keep bag rolling is personal. Your contribution is added to a random roll and if it's over a set threshold then you get a gold bag, if not then it checks for the purple threshold, then blue, etc. The thresholds are fixed and set by the devs for each class. If you fail to win a specific bag colour then you get a bonus added to that colour for the next time you roll for keep loot. That bonus keeps adding up and up until you finally win the bag. The bonus is per bag colour so winning a gold bag doesn't remove the bonus you've been building up for purple bags (it does however reset the gold bag bonus as you just won one). This means participating in open RvR keep captures will supply you with a steady supply of bags of all colours regardless of the population.

Fortresses don't work like this so getting pieces of invader from bags (or getting any bag at all) is much harder.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

trixrabbit

Post#13 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:23 am

Omegus wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:41 am Until you can start looking at Sovereign try aiming for Vanquisher armour set (5 pieces - 9% crit in total), full Genesis cloak/ring set (5 pieces, 3% crit) and weapons with 2% heal crit on them (4% crit). Vanquisher has great bonuses and has two items with 2% crit on them (most armour sets only have one) along with the set bonus. Sentinel helm can give you another 2% crit. All of this besides the helm comes from keep bags at RR50+ (Vanq from gold, genesis from purple and I believe blue, weapon and charm from purple). You're only competing against yourself for loot in keeps so you are guaranteed a steady supply of bags of all colours. Don't buy and Vanquisher pieces until you are at the point where buying the pieces will complete the set as chances are you'll end up getting a duplicate. You can mix things up a bit when you get the Sentinel ring (requires farming BB/BE a lot).

6 piece sentinel is also good as a stand-in while farming your Vanquisher. You can get it from 3-4 runs of BB/BE (I forget how many runs are needed for the gear quests).

For end game I've worked this out so far to get the most heal crit and other useful stuff:

5 piece Sovereign (shoulders 2%, back 2%, chest, belt, jewel, 6% set bonus)
3 piece Sentinel (head 2%, jewel 4%, gloves. 3 piece bonus increases wounds by a lot too)
1 piece Vanquisher (boots 2%)
Weapons/charm: whatever so long as they have 2% crit. The conqueror ones from scenarios are good and fairly easy to get.
And then 2 jewels of your choosing for whatever.

That's 22% heal crit from gear alone.
Would you use 5 genesis or 3 genesis/ 3 BL. BL gives more resists, about 600 more hp and the 225 armor of set bonus. Genesis gives 3% reduced armor penatration and 3% crit (28% to 31% in my case).
It's so hard to decide which one to use. Also I'm trying gholnaros's focus (26 wp, 26 int and 3% healing crit offhand).

Toggle

Post#14 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:37 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:43 am
What do you mean ?
Unlike forts and PQs where there are a fixed number of bags and everyone is competing for them, keep bag rolling is personal. Your contribution is added to a random roll and if it's over a set threshold then you get a gold bag, if not then it checks for the purple threshold, then blue, etc. The thresholds are fixed and set by the devs for each class. If you fail to win a specific bag colour then you get a bonus added to that colour for the next time you roll for keep loot. That bonus keeps adding up and up until you finally win the bag. The bonus is per bag colour so winning a gold bag doesn't remove the bonus you've been building up for purple bags (it does however reset the gold bag bonus as you just won one). This means participating in open RvR keep captures will supply you with a steady supply of bags of all colours regardless of the population.

Fortresses don't work like this so getting pieces of invader from bags (or getting any bag at all) is much harder.
I've heard people say that invader isn't all that great for zealots. Would I be better off just running vanquisher until I get sov, or did you swap up to invader? Thanks!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

courtsdad1

Post#15 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:41 am

Toggle wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:37 am

What do you mean ?

I've heard people say that invader isn't all that great for zealots. Would I be better off just running vanquisher until I get sov, or did you swap up to invader? Thanks!
Vanquisher works great.

Toggle

Post#16 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:46 am

courtsdad1 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:41 am
Toggle wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:37 am

Vanquisher works great.
But in a min/max sense, would sticking with vanq make or more sense? Or is invader an actual upgrade?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Omegus

Post#17 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:27 pm

Personally I went from Vanquisher to Sovereign and skipped Invader. The Vanquisher set had better heal crit (9%) compared to Invader (7%) and I found the AP and cast time procs on the Vanquisher set far more useful than the cleanse and healing power procs on Invader.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#18 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:06 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:27 pm Personally I went from Vanquisher to Sovereign and skipped Invader. The Vanquisher set had better heal crit (9%) compared to Invader (7%) and I found the AP and cast time procs on the Vanquisher set far more useful than the cleanse and healing power procs on Invader.
But isnt need the invader set unlock to use sovereign??

Ads
Omegus

Post#19 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:23 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:06 pm
Omegus wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:27 pm Personally I went from Vanquisher to Sovereign and skipped Invader. The Vanquisher set had better heal crit (9%) compared to Invader (7%) and I found the AP and cast time procs on the Vanquisher set far more useful than the cleanse and healing power procs on Invader.
But isnt need the invader set unlock to use sovereign??
Skipped it in terms of using it, not in terms of obtaining it.

Toggle

Post#20 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:55 pm

Alright, thanks! I'm pretty close to invader, so I didn't want to waste the cash on armor talismans and whatnot if I could stick with vanq. Do you try and hit that 3,300 armor spot or no? I find I have a tough time reaching it without sacrificing lots of my wounds. I'm sitting at 7.6k right now, which isn't too bad. And I have 30% crit chance for heals. That sound decent?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]