Recent Topics

Ads

How does scenario XP calculation work?

Let's talk about... everything else
malorn

How does scenario XP calculation work?

Post#1 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:25 pm

I'm newly returned to the game and was unable to find any information about how scenario xp is calculated.

What I'm seeing in scenarios is that I often have lower experience gain than other people of the same level who do "worse" than me stat-wise at the end of the game. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong or could do differently to increase the gain, so was hoping someone might know how it works so I can better min-max my time.

Do you get more xp contribution for fighting on objectives or damaging certain targets? Or for protecting? I often see tanks with relatively low stat line but high experience for the scenario. None of the stats presented can explain it, so must be something behind the scenes, right?

Any help greatly appreciated, thank you!

Ads
malorn

Re: How does scenario XP calculation work?

Post#2 » Sun May 03, 2020 9:07 pm

So here's a good example of why the scenario XP calculation is nonsensical to me:

https://imgur.com/a/t5LEzSS

Two white lions in the same scenario. One has more kills, more damage and was an active participant the entire match. The other stood there and did absolutely nothing. He was idle, but not AFK - he was moving around so he didn't die, just intentionally not participating.

The guy doing literally nothing the entire match gets more xp, and nearly 2x the renown from someone actively participating. That's...really messed up and rewards the wrong behavior.

My best guess is that it's mostly based on the group (the two WL in question were in different groups, and the idle one was in a group that was getting some kills).

I've also seen some situations where players in the same group in a match with low kill count have exactly the same xp, which would mean what they did individually was irrelevant to their xp gain. Here's an example of that. Players in yellow had exactly the same xp, but different damage, db, deaths, rank, etc. Players in blue also all ahd same xp and very different stats. The thing in common for both groups is number of kills, and I'm fairly certain the folks with the same xp were in the same group.
https://imgur.com/a/tVQMVpn

Toonman

Post#3 » Sun May 03, 2020 9:16 pm

malorn wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:07 pm So here's a good example of why the scenario XP calculation is nonsensical to me:

https://imgur.com/a/t5LEzSS

Two white lions in the same scenario. One has more kills, more damage and was an active participant the entire match. The other stood there and did absolutely nothing. He was idle, but not AFK - he was moving around so he didn't die, just intentionally not participating.

The guy doing literally nothing the entire match gets more xp, and nearly 2x the renown from someone actively participating. That's...really messed up and rewards the wrong behavior.

That WL is a douche. Haven't seen him dismount in the last 4 SC I was in with him.

malorn

Post#4 » Sun May 03, 2020 9:35 pm

Trying to do more science here to figure this out and its more baffling. In this screenshot result there's another set of identical XP for very different contribution.
https://imgur.com/a/SVnj7Pt

The ones outlined in yellow feature two people in the same group, but the third was not in the same group. Also the above pairing with the WL and KoTBS which have identical xp were also in different groups.

The kill counts for this vary extensively, yet xp is the same among people in different groups.

I can't see any pattern anymore in this. Just seems like XP is being allocated at random. Possibly it's being divided evenly among all people present, but the different kill counts resulting in 3 people with the same xp value doesn't fit.

GrimgorkEisenpelz

Post#5 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:54 pm

Depends on so many things. How many kills you were in the presence of, how many objectives you captured, if you are rested...

Also, as for RR, you seem to get more points as a low rr when killing (and assisting on) people with higher RR.
--- Sollomir, RP --- Pulledborc, BW --- Lottomir, IB --- Twegg, ENG
--- Qaffir, SL --- Icke, KotBS --- Qivu, SM --- Qaffur, WP

malorn

Post#6 » Sun May 03, 2020 11:14 pm

GrimgorkEisenpelz wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:54 pm Depends on so many things. How many kills you were in the presence of, how many objectives you captured, if you are rested...

Also, as for RR, you seem to get more points as a low rr when killing (and assisting on) people with higher RR.
Mousing over the XP text in the scoreboard reads "Values do not reflect Rested XP gains"

I also got zero xp for doing entire troll crossing capturing of the three flags, and ended up the match with among the lowest xp on my team. I would have been better off ignoring it and farming kills.

This is why I'm trying to figure out how it works, so I can know how to optimize play and know when I'm hurting myself.