Ads

Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Telen
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Post#101 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:18 pm

If you lost too many and now cant get matched then you have to wait for next season. Its the price of having more even fights when one faction has all the scrub players.

Ads
engharat

Post#102 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:20 pm

babanovac wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:01 pm
engharat wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:27 pm
babanovac wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:25 am Please please revert the 4 invaders for defending the last zone. It has had a horrible impact in the campaign. Destruction keep throwing the middle zones so that they can farm those 4 invaders.
Why are order lets destro win so easily last defending zone before fort then? why after conquering middle zone they don't seriously push last zone for getting a fort?
it isn't a fault of destro; they successfully defend last zone because order is not putting enough effort. now throwing for forts is no more a thing, you get a fort if you deserve it.
I'm not sure you understand the situation we're in right now. Please log in the game and see for yourself. Order does not let destro easily defend the last zone. Order never had a chance in the first first place. All day today order have been outnumbered. Destro could have easily taken the middle zones. But they didn't they preferred to let order lock them so that they can defend the last zone. And when i say defend i mean rofl stomp order with 100+ their numbers.

The 4 invaders crests have made the entire campaign extremely exploitable.
I'm living the whole RvR campaign today, so I know what you say. The problem is in xrealming, not in the 4 invader change. If your opponent will let you easily win the middle lakes, then you should punish him even harder by conquering also the last zones. This isn't happening because too many people logout order to login destro, creating the factions imbalance.
In other terms: before the patch, destro was throwing every lake and every fort to get into city. Now destro can throw only middle zones, the fight in frontier lakes is for the first time, REAL. both the factions wanna win that fight, one wanna win to get into fort and get invader, the other wanna win for invader.
The misalignment of rewards is a brilliant solution to the throwing mechanism; when rewards are aligned, people can throw and both factions are happy of the throw; if rewards are not aligned, the two factions desire opposite things, triggering a real fight.
now we only need 2 changes:
1)make xrealming more and more difficult
2)widen the doors of keep dynamically with the number of defending players. Breaking into keeps with 200+ ppl inside is way too hard.

Omegus

Post#103 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:07 pm

engharat wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:20 pmdestro was throwing every lake and every fort to get into city.
Yes, the fact that IC has more stars than Altdorf clearly shows destro are throwing. Recently it's been about 50/50 on which city is getting sieged.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

sjemen

Post#104 » Sat May 02, 2020 12:00 pm

are bags in cities still supposed to drop crests if you don't have the invader unlock or is it a bug? thanks!
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR

RangeCreed

Post#105 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:27 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:59 pm
RangeCreed wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:39 pm Some models are not in the reworked sets, would you be able to point us in the direction of the ones with existing models currently ingame please?
Which one ?
Havoc had unique leather bracers with skulls on them.

inflamez

Post#106 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:11 pm

also please take a look at people disconnecting after accepting the solo queue scenario invite and getting a 20 minute deserter on logging back for no reason basically

Rydiak

Post#107 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:42 pm

inflamez wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:11 pm also please take a look at people disconnecting after accepting the solo queue scenario invite and getting a 20 minute deserter on logging back for no reason basically
No reason at all? :roll:
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

M0rw47h

Post#108 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:13 pm

I would love pop up to reconnect to Ranked like we have in City Sieges.
Sometimes game sends you back to login screen while joining SC.

Ads
tookmypearl

Post#109 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:11 pm

I've seen a lot of people advocating for increasing the x-realm timer, but I feel like punishing the many for the sins of the few isn't really a great solution. Instead, I wonder if the reward system just needs a little bit of retooling so that people feel like they're still getting the stuff they want without having to "cheat" the system by switching to the other faction whenever it's time to defend their T4 zone.

Would it be possible instead to have medallion rewards from sieges scale the same way emblem rewards do in scenarios? That is to say the reward is personalized based on your current RR rather than a flat reward you receive based on the tier you participated in. That way people can do the T2-T3 zones and still feel like they're getting something worth their time if they're in T4 content. Additionally, it'll give more reason for people to do the lower tiers so that we can experience the full variety the game has to offer. Cities and forts could (and probably should) still yield greater rewards, though I do love that they're more infrequent and feel much more "grand" now.

I think this patch was definitely a step in the right direction; I think I prefer what we have now to people just refusing to log on unless there was a fort or city happening, but maybe there's just a bit more refinement to go to deal with the unintended consequences.

inflamez

Post#110 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:15 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:42 pm
inflamez wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:11 pm also please take a look at people disconnecting after accepting the solo queue scenario invite and getting a 20 minute deserter on logging back for no reason basically
No reason at all? :roll:
im not talking about queue dodging or disconnecting by pressing alt f4 or whatever on purpose, im talking about you get a queue pop, you accept it and randomly get disconnected back to your desktop and the error message that warhammer closed popped up. when you log back in you have a 20min deserter