Recent Topics

Ads

Game crashes frequently when doing oRvR

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
zolio
Community Management

Re: Game crashes frequently when doing oRvR

Post#11 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:11 am

I am confused is wich setting is 64 bit in the setting in the launcher is it black dot or green to mark 32 or 64 bit ? A year back i was having all kind of crashing issues and some one directed me to a post on here. I did everything i could and after game ran perfect no issues and today after the patch BAM!! first CTD i have had in like 8 months . SO i dunno

Ads
Dracut

Post#12 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Ok not sure how to do this even after googling it.

How do I make sure I run the game in 64 bit mode?

I see you replaced some audio file, where would I find more information about doing that?

I am having the exact same issue as you were. Game runs great except for oRVR

Kaelang

Post#13 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:18 pm

Dracut wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:07 pm Ok not sure how to do this even after googling it.

I see you replaced some audio file, where would I find more information about doing that?

Audio file: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... gxWm83otzV - replace with the current audio.myp

64 bit - In your launcher there's a settings / cog. Click that, make sure 64 bit is selected.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Orontes

Post#14 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:49 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:18 pm
Dracut wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:07 pm Ok not sure how to do this even after googling it.

64 bit - In your launcher there's a settings / cog. Click that, make sure 64 bit is selected.
Sorry, I am having trouble confirming if 64 bit is selected. I open the lanucher and click Settings, which tab is this under: General, Video? I can't find it. Thanks for the help.

Kaelang

Post#15 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Orontes wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:49 pm
Kaelang wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:18 pm

Sorry, I am having trouble confirming if 64 bit is selected. I open the lanucher and click Settings, which tab is this under: General, Video? I can't find it. Thanks for the help.
That's the client.

Go to your launcher, settings and you'll see 32 and 64 bit.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Dracut

Post#16 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:48 pm

Thank you

Venom148

Post#17 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:07 am

I have the same proble,. im orvr the game freezes and then shutdown, like 2-3 times, when a lot aof player are in battle.

When there are not more than like 200+, its all ok, in PVE or SC its also good, not shutdown.

I replaced audio, killed the Chache and i have some Add Ons like Enemy...

Any ideas?

xpander
Community Management

Post#18 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:10 am

make sure WAR-64.exe is running in your processes not WAR.exe. then you know 64bit client is running. If you have crashes in huge fights, check your addons. Disable those first which have "Loaded(!)" with yellow messages. those might have problems. Some addons seem to leak and memory usage goes through the roof (well not through the roof in general but that game seem to not be able to handle more than 3GB of RAM, then it just crashes).
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Venom148

Post#19 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:06 pm

ok thanks i will try this!

Venom148

Post#20 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:48 pm

so i startet at 64 bit, in task manager its called WAR-64 (32 bit)
i pushed off every add-on, only EA_social window is loaded in yellow all the time and i cant take it off, everytime i reload, its on again..
i start the launcher as admin

so i go ORVR and it crashes directly....some more ideas?