Recent Topics

Ads

WSCT replacement

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
uanaka

Re: WSCT replacement

Post#11 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:43 pm

repel wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 pm
Phantasm wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:16 pm I have to replace WSCT cause it makes huge lag spikes and freezes when fight in massive battles, tried to tweak it down, but nothing works especially against PnP 5s freeze on combat engage guaranteed:)
I came back to default combat text but those numbers are so small on 3440x1440 screen, is there any way to make them bigger? any addon for that? file editing? I tried Ragnarok Style addon but combat text is attached to my character so meh.
I dont use wsct for a long time cause i changed default EA addon EASystem_EventText. It shows ability icons now and i increased font size a bit.
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I1Dt5V ... sp=sharing
Does your change make it so that numbers show up in the middle of your screen? Similar to how wsct does it? Mainly want to use it for healing so i can see what i'm healing for without having to look at each person

Ads
wdesu

Post#12 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:17 pm

Phantasm wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:29 am Can you add /script or tell me how to disable names and leave only numbers? Everything else is perfect, inc exp/rp/inf, size and font of dmg, just need to disable names.
Yep, as sullemunk and volna said, there are multiple ways to do it. You can change line `name = data.name,` to `name = L"",` (or just "" because there's conversion to wstring later). Or change line 223 to `local name = L""` and remove the next `if` block (actually, you could remove a lot more code since it's doing nothing now :) ). I can't add /script because it will mean that I need a persistent config, and that's something I don't want to have if possible (like, it may break things a bit if I change the config structure. so then I need to add something that resets the config and so on).

uanaka wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:34 pm Thanks so much, I've also been struggling with frame issues and I had to disable WSCT. Just quick question, does the text just show up next to the default numbers? One thing I really liked about WSCT is that if I was healing, I could see the heal numbers pop up as opposed to having to look at everyone individually
nope, there's no such feature. it seems like it'd require replacing/hooking to EA_System_EventTracker:Update and I wanted to touch as little things as possible (when the addon was much smaller. i guess i can't really say it now).

if you want to try adding it, tweaking what repel posted would be easier than modifying my addon (because you're, like, replacing the EA code directly without "hooks" and whatever).
(The hacky way I can think of to detect that the target is off-screen is by moving the anchor window somewhere, storing its position, then calling MoveWindowToWorldObject and checking if it's position has changed - if it didn't, the character is off-screen. If anyone knows of a better way, like, maybe there's some built-in function, pls post it.)

Or do you just want to disable attaching numbers to friendlies completely, instead of reacting to LOS?

repel wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 pm I dont use wsct for a long time cause i changed default EA addon EASystem_EventText. It shows ability icons now and i increased font size a bit.
That's awesome!

uanaka

Post#13 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:27 pm

wdesu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:17 pm
uanaka wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:34 pm Thanks so much, I've also been struggling with frame issues and I had to disable WSCT. Just quick question, does the text just show up next to the default numbers? One thing I really liked about WSCT is that if I was healing, I could see the heal numbers pop up as opposed to having to look at everyone individually
nope, there's no such feature. it seems like it'd require replacing/hooking to EA_System_EventTracker:Update and I wanted to touch as little things as possible (when the addon was much smaller. i guess i can't really say it now).

if you want to try adding it, tweaking what repel posted would be easier than modifying my addon (because you're, like, replacing the EA code directly without "hooks" and whatever).
(The hacky way I can think of to detect that the target is off-screen is by moving the anchor window somewhere, storing its position, then calling MoveWindowToWorldObject and checking if it's position has changed - if it didn't, the character is off-screen. If anyone knows of a better way, like, maybe there's some built-in function, pls post it.)

Or do you just want to disable attaching numbers to friendlies completely, instead of reacting to LOS?
Thanks for the reply, and sorry I just might not be making myself clear as i'm not too technical. But I guess it would attach numbers to friendlies if they're on screen, but if they're off screen it would disable attaching numbers to them. So it would work like default when targets are in my LOS, but when out of LOS, the numbers would still appear. I'm hoping to find an in between from default and wsct, as I also get bad frame drops with it. If it's not possible or would require too much finagling around that's totally fine, just curious if it was possible.

wdesu

Post#14 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 pm

uanaka wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:27 pm Thanks for the reply, and sorry I just might not be making myself clear as i'm not too technical. But I guess it would attach numbers to friendlies if they're on screen, but if they're off screen it would disable attaching numbers to them. So it would work like default when targets are in my LOS, but when out of LOS, the numbers would still appear. I'm hoping to find an in between from default and wsct, as I also get bad frame drops with it. If it's not possible or would require too much finagling around that's totally fine, just curious if it was possible.
that's absolutely possible. you can try adding this to EA_System_EventTracker:Update in repel's mod:

Code: Select all

function EA_System_EventTracker:Update( elapsedTime )
    WindowClearAnchors(self.m_Anchor)
    AttachWindowToWorldObject(self.m_Anchor, self.m_TargetObject)
    MoveWindowToWorldObject(self.m_Anchor, self.m_TargetObject, self.m_AttachHeight)
    if not WindowGetShowing(self.m_Anchor) then
        DetachWindowFromWorldObject(self.m_Anchor, self.m_TargetObject)
        WindowSetShowing(self.m_Anchor,true)
        WindowAddAnchor(self.m_Anchor, "center", "Root", "center", 0, 0)
    end
i've also updated mine with this, and made a new setting (off by default because i'm not sure about the performance).
i don't know if there's a better way to do it (i did it in a couple different ways, with conditional depending on the positions instead of isShowing but it was longer and didn't really change anything).

uanaka

Post#15 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:12 pm

wdesu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 pm
uanaka wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:27 pm Thanks for the reply, and sorry I just might not be making myself clear as i'm not too technical. But I guess it would attach numbers to friendlies if they're on screen, but if they're off screen it would disable attaching numbers to them. So it would work like default when targets are in my LOS, but when out of LOS, the numbers would still appear. I'm hoping to find an in between from default and wsct, as I also get bad frame drops with it. If it's not possible or would require too much finagling around that's totally fine, just curious if it was possible.
that's absolutely possible. you can try adding this to EA_System_EventTracker:Update in repel's mod:

Code: Select all

function EA_System_EventTracker:Update( elapsedTime )
    AttachWindowToWorldObject(self.m_Anchor, self.m_TargetObject)
    MoveWindowToWorldObject(self.m_Anchor, self.m_TargetObject, self.m_AttachHeight)
    if not WindowGetShowing(self.m_Anchor) then
        DetachWindowFromWorldObject(self.m_Anchor, self.m_TargetObject)
        WindowSetShowing(self.m_Anchor,true)
        WindowAddAnchor(self.m_Anchor, "center", "Root", "center", 0, 0)
    end
i've also updated mine with this, and made a new setting (off by default because i'm not sure about the performance).
i don't know if there's a better way to do it (i did it in a couple different ways, with conditional depending on the positions instead of isShowing but it was longer and didn't really change anything).
Much appreciate, I'll try yours out! Also want to try out that BankWindowFix, that would be a huge QOL for me haha

wdesu

Post#16 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:35 pm

uanaka wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:12 pm Much appreciate, I'll try yours out! Also want to try out that BankWindowFix, that would be a huge QOL for me haha
you're welcome, and thanks.
i've noticed that positions on mine are kinda suboptimal (i was testing it on repel's mod which has different offsets that suit both on-screen and off-screen situations). you can change offsets in animation data (although offset of 0 doesn't look like 0, lol, it probably has something to do with text centering and anchors but i don't want to touch it now.)

Phantasm

Post#17 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:01 pm

I tried both, i love yours Wdesu, but Repels looks awesome too but that font - meh:(
Any idea how to move around dmg attached to hostile? its a bit to close to buffhead, would like to move it a bit to right. Also inc dmg move from top "overhead" to left side. I tried changing numbers but they dont adds up, inc dmg is in a middle of char anchor but x says its -200 (or -280)

Taz83

Post#18 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:15 pm

am kinda lost here wsct working fine so if i did the above changes what will that exactly do before i edit any of the files

so does showing names make you lag because i think i have disabled named and only going with Icon + Numbers and i have unchecked the rest that i dont need to see such as notification section i have just unchecked the one i am not needing from the /wsct menu

Ads
wdesu

Post#19 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:36 pm

repel wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 pm I dont use wsct for a long time cause i changed default EA addon EASystem_EventText. It shows ability icons now and i increased font size a bit.
do you, like, mind if I add skill icons to my addon? the common parts are pretty generic but i saw your solution first and i can't just wipe my memory :)

Phantasm wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:01 pm I tried both, i love yours Wdesu, but Repels looks awesome too but that font - meh:(
Any idea how to move around dmg attached to hostile? its a bit to close to buffhead, would like to move it a bit to right. Also inc dmg move from top "overhead" to left side. I tried changing numbers but they dont adds up, inc dmg is in a middle of char anchor but x says its -200 (or -280)
you can ctrl+f and replace "font_heading_medium_noshadow" and "font_heading_large_noshadow" with "font_clear_large_bold" in repel's mod to change the font. (although maybe you'll also have to add some WindowSetScale/SetRelativeScale/etc for crits to look bigger. or pair "_large_bold" with "_medium_bold" for crits/normal text. but afaik _medium is kinda small so you may have to scale both anyway.)
if you can grab my newest version before repel sues me, it has icons instead of names and offsets are behaving in a more sane way (text is left-aligned and zero is right between the text and the icon, so icons look right-aligned). using repel's mod may save you some cpu cycles over mine though.

edit: got a shorter username and changed gitlab link
Last edited by wdesu on Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uanaka

Post#20 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:30 pm

wdesu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:36 pm
do you, like, mind if I add skill icons to my addon? the common parts are pretty generic but i saw your solution first and i can't just wipe my memory :)

Phantasm wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:01 pm I tried both, i love yours Wdesu, but Repels looks awesome too but that font - meh:(
you can ctrl+f and replace "font_heading_medium_noshadow" and "font_heading_large_noshadow" with "font_clear_large_bold" in repel's mod to change the font. (although maybe you'll also have to add some WindowSetScale/SetRelativeScale/etc for crits to look bigger. or pair "_large_bold" with "_medium_bold" for crits/normal text. but afaik _medium is kinda small so you may have to scale both anyway.)
if you can grab my newest version before repel sues me, it has icons instead of names and offsets are behaving in a more sane way (text is left-aligned and zero is right between the text and the icon, so icons look right-aligned). using repel's mod may save you some cpu cycles over mine though.
Thanks for this, I was trying out your mod just now and I really like it, but I think i would prefer ability icons as the ability names can make the screen pretty cluttered.

Also, i'm not sure that the "out of LOS, numbers still show up in the middle" is working correctly? It works for my own damage and heal values, but it's not showing up for heals on other people unless they're in LOS.