Recent Topics

Ads

Constant short freezes/spikes every 5 secounds

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Mor

Constant short freezes/spikes every 5 secounds

Post#1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:05 pm

I bought a new PC (which is way better than my previous laptop) and for some reason I experience constant 5 sec. freezes after 10 minutes of playing RoR. I am pretty sure that this is a little bit unusual performance in game.

I downloaded the newest RoR torrent and installed DirectX provided in the folder. I turned off all applications including discord and the issue persists. Does anyone know what might be causing the problem?

Thanks

Ads
nat3s

Re: Constant short freezes/spikes every 5 secounds

Post#2 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:15 pm

jitters are usually an addon, buff head is notorious for it, so is miracle grow
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Wdova

Post#3 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:08 am

I have no idea. Does it occure in other games too? If So, it could related to many things. Whats Your spec? Have You HDD, SSD or M.2 disc? Have You tried change power plan in windows powersuply management?
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Slangy

Post#4 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:34 pm

i have the same problem and it drives me insane :( restarting usually helps for like 30 mins or so but then it goes back to stutter so its rly annoying. i have an overclocked i5-9600k and load is not hitting 100% on the core used (mostly around 60% usage)

Ghostweed

Post#5 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:44 pm

had similar problem, try to:

1. empty ur crafting bags, some items can be hidden in empty slots and/or different items can be stacked under 1 slot. Move everything to main backpack or in bank.

2. cancle all sorting in main backpack.

3. disable addons and then load em up 1 by 1 to see if the fps drop comes again.

4. set the UI back to default and then personilize it step by step. Again try to observe when the fps drop occur.

5. Warband UI can cause horrible fps drops - try to use Enemy UI for it.

6. ROR uses only 1 core of ur CPU, try to set them up to use all of them (there is a guide buried somwhere here on forum from 2016).

7. Try different internet connection.

8. Upgrade ur PC.
Gorrgfang da Shaman & Gokrok da Black Orc

Schett

Post#6 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:12 pm

It's problem with the server, you can disable all your addons, but after being in rvr and been fighting hundreds of people hitting you. It's like there's a cache filling with data, unless you relog you will have constant lag.

Multiple people in my guild especially melee dps and tanks have it, since they are being hit by enemies more often. We have tried downloading fresh client and playing without any addons and problem is still there
Schett - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: TUP / Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan - Destruction

Slangy

Post#7 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:37 pm

it keep doing it until you restart tho even when theres no fighting and i just run around

Mor

Post#8 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:49 am

Ghostweed wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:44 pm had similar problem, try to:

3. disable addons and then load em up 1 by 1 to see if the fps drop comes again.

4. set the UI back to default and then personilize it step by step. Again try to observe when the fps drop occur.

5. Warband UI can cause horrible fps drops - try to use Enemy UI for it.

6. ROR uses only 1 core of ur CPU, try to set them up to use all of them (there is a guide buried somwhere here on forum from 2016).
3 and 4. I disabled all addons and removed whole User folder. In addition to this, I put all video settings to total minimum and it help quite a bit but in a different way. I can manage now playing in the middle of fort defenses and at massive clashes in rvr, it all runs smoother. But still the short freezes persisted. So, turning some things off in video settings and refreshing User folder + addons helps making the game running more fluent.

5. This one is spot on! As soon as I leave any wb in rvr, the stuttering disappears. I have no idea why warband frames cause so much damn fps drop and/or freezes?! I have always been using enemy addon for wb unit frames and I am not sure whether I haven't turned off original frames properly or is it something else causing the problem? However, it is definitely to do with wb and/or joining wb.

6. I have no idea how to use all cores of my CPU. This might solve the issue as well. Does anyone know where to find the guide or how to change RoR so that it uses a CPU at its full potential?

Ads
spookyspook

Post#9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:59 am

Just do a /rel and clear your cashe folder everytime you enter a zone. It will fix it.
Deadlymupp

Scummy

Grognir

Post#10 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:22 am

I am afraid this situation is linked to the game itself. We noticed an amazing improvement when they upgraded the server, but thing seems to get worst and worst, particularly since they try to rewrite part of the code some weeks ago.

Restarting game help a lot, /rel and clear cash help a little, play in 64bit, set graphic to fastest frame rate and type .vfxdisable each time you log in. But it will just improve some minutes playing, lag and spikes will come back very fast :(

I don't know if the devs are even aware of the situation.