Recent Topics

Ads

Intermittent Launcher Connection Issues

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
sagramor81

Intermittent Launcher Connection Issues

Post#1 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:49 pm

So I recently reinstalled RoR onto my Linux system (Mint Mate 19.3) via Lutris and I've been having intermittent issues with the launcher not being able to connect. Web Server is red (sometimes starts yellow), and Login Server is yellow. I've tried two different VPNs (proton and mudfish), wired connection, wireless connection, reboot router, reboot system, etc. I even reinstalled RoR.

I was able to connect without issue immediately after initial install IIRC, but then I started running into issues after I closed the launcher and tried to open it another time. I started trying VPNs. The launcher connected the first time I ran it with Proton VPN, but then next time nothing. I have since tried mudfish and different proton configs to no avail. The other day the launcher was able to connect without issue with no VPN so I left the launcher running and was able to get a couple of sessions in.

Now this morning I had left the launcher open and it was connected. I have since rebooted the machine and now the launcher won't connect again.

I can't seem to make sense of it. I had posted replies regarding this in the RoR on Linux thread, but wanted to make a dedicated thread for this specific issue.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Ads