Recent Topics

Ads

I Recorded 7 Days of City Scores

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: I Recorded 7 Days of City Scores

Post#71 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:36 pm

billyk wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:27 pm Evidence for this: Order generally wins in places were class vs class and zerging don't matter (eg. SCs like Thunder Valley where you can just avoid the enemy), Destro generally wins in places where you can force the opponent to fight (eg. Cities)
I have no words....order wins when can skip the fight => good luck avoiding enemy in a pvp game...

billyk wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:27 pm 3. Destro gets an advantage during match making (Always 2-3x more healers)
Order having close to +38% extra healing needs less healers for sure, destro needs more healers to close that healing gap.

Ads
Sarnai

Post#72 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:55 pm

That certain classes have to completely respec and change their playstyle (or just reroll altogether) from the way they've leveled and built their character and love to play just to be desirable in end-game content is what's depressing. Thinking of Teefz as a meatball breaks my heart. The (arguably) king of SH has to completely change their playstyle from what they're famous for, they leveled with, and (probably) what they love just to be desireable for endgame content.

"don't play garbage classes"
"you have to respec"
"i banned underperforming classes"

This is a misdirection that it's somehow the player's fault for playing a class/spec/style that they enjoy and that is offered by the game. We're not even talking about weird hipster specs either: squig with a bow and arrow? Bye. WH with literally ANYTHING other than DG? Get lost. SW? Yikes.

I can appreciate any sort of meta, even if I don't like it. 1v1, 6man, 24v24, what have you. And there are people that love the min-maxing, the creating compositions, all that jazz and get genuine joy out of it. That is fantastic. It's why we all play, right? To enjoy ourselves? And it's nice to see cities offering the warband vs warband crowd an arena to do what they love.

Unfortunately, that arena is very restrictive, very elitist, and very unforgiving to classes that are popular and people enjoy playing but don't fit in the very strict meta.

And that's where the endgame gear is.

/sadface as I spam lfg until queuing starts, and then mosey in solo and hope for the best
WH looking for gunbad left

scatterthewinds

Post#73 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:08 pm

I play order and I'm happy to see this. I think I only lost a city twice, the first one with lots of dcs, and the second was my fault for joining a retarded leader.

So maybe Im 28-2 or somnething like that.

The more order get pummeled and kicked the greater the odds of some idiots rerolling into useful classes and specs.

Omegus

Post#74 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:08 pm

Jabba wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:31 am You don't need some full meta warband to win cities, a reasonably balanced comp is enough more often than not. You don't need to have a warband filled with KoBS and WP, but you do need tanks and healers. Order is just filled with the worst class in the game. That is, solo and unguarded DPS, who don't even change spec, who then queue up and hope to get carried. If some of these rerolled useful classes (tanks and healers, not just wp/kobs), their win ratio would probably go up.

**** like this isn't all that uncommon to see on order.

You don't need to run just slayer and bw, the other DPS classes can do a job too if they're supported and played reasonably well. (Although sw is rock bottom of any tier list)
Just faced this order 24-man vs a destro 2-2-2 (screenshot looks weird as I had to piece together 2 to show the full comp). Stats shown were after stage 1. Didn't look much better by the end of it.

And this was one of the first order wbs to queue up too. Just... why? It was originally 3 healers too but 2 people seemingly quit and got back-filled by an AM and I think another WP.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Foverskov

Post#75 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:16 pm

Just faced this order 24-man vs a destro 2-2-2 (screenshot looks weird as I had to piece together 2 to show the full comp). Stats shown were after stage 1. Didn't look much better by the end of it.

And this was one of the first order wbs to queue up too. Just... why? It was originally 3 healers too but 2 people seemingly quit and got back-filled by an AM and I think another WP.
The first few instances from order will always be filled up with solo que’s, have been doing this myself and i’ve been in Instance 1 the last 3 city sieges.

Omegus

Post#76 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Foverskov wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:16 pm

The first few instances from order will always be filled up with solo que’s, have been doing this myself and i’ve been in Instance 1 the last 3 city sieges.
Isn't the game supposed to pit WB vs WB? Solo queues are supposed to be picked last, not first.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#77 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:45 pm

Most Order WB spend the first few minutes trying to all grab slayers, BW and tanks to fill up empty slots. So all the unwanted ‘garbage’ classes and lowbies who initially single queued tend to pop up first to get farmed - just to grind INV (maybe sov) 3 emblems/loss at a time. It is the only avenue left to them.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Likeaboss

Post#78 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:55 pm

I was reading this thread and counted about 5-6 times the bullshit about Order having 25, 38, 40% more heal than Destro... So what?

In city where 7/12 destro chars push their Moral + Shaman with strongest Moral Push in game...
After 20s 2-3 Blackorc M3 silence whole backline while meele Clowns (SH) pouncing in and dropping M4... within 20s...

You can buff Order heal to 1000% the Moral blob on destro side is a clear adventage :)
Order cant beat that.. At least Pug warband can't

7days of City scores nice to see, but i have never seen Order win a city(score whise) since it is out.
but i am EU time, so idk about NA citys...

I can't completly shut down my attachment to Order, maybe because Destro outnumbers Order since Liveserver, but maybe because i played on this server when the Pop Rate was 12/88 for Destro, for about a month or two...

Nevertheless i played Destro, when Order was in favor a while (early WL godmode patches)
and on my Schaman i felt the Moral bump to strong... Meanwhile BO has got a CD reduce...
900 Moralpoints in 10s for whole party :D Give that to AM and i throw my RP in the next corner and creat AM...

But nothing will change, cuz most Forum warriors play in such large Warband guilds and dont want to loose their advantage, so they just tell it is all Players fault :D

EDIT: Don't want to whine at all, my city history is 8-9 wins to 1 loss... ;)
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#79 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:05 pm

I have a feeling the majority of the losses for both sides comes from no leader/listening problems in cities.

I did a city 2 days ago was a mix of 12man, a 6 man, and i think 6 randoms. It started off well until we lost mid on stage 1 then a few bad calls later and a bunch of bickering between groups and we lost stage 1.

Start of stage 2 egos are hurt no one wants to call out where to go. So i call out the first lord to kill everyone follows and stops bickering in SC chat we down the lord and meet order in the middle, pull out a wipe on order and then instead of regrouping order starts to try to trickle in to the middle in small groups so we were able to pull out a win on stage 2, had they regrouped and pushed as 24 they probably would have won. It was a close fight. Not sure what was going on over on order side in sc chat but i suspect they were playing the blame game like we were in stage 1.

Stage 3 someone was calling targets and we pulled out a win there. Our WB comp was less then optimal and when leadership failed we failed.

What is the point of this? Even with pugs you have to have a leader and players that listen to that leader and can't just expect to blob to win like people do in the lakes. 24v24 requires everyone to work together if you got one or 2 players going off or not sticking with the strat called out it strains the WB much harder than when you have the saftey of 100+ zerg players backing you in the lakes.

City requires you to be on your A game, you can't slack off and expect to win. You also can't build wacky WB setups to win either unless you are fighting unorganized pugs that have 0 leadership. Just cause it works in the lakes where you have saftey in numbers doesn't mean in works in 24v24.

We don't get empty instances in city like live did so when we see 20+ instances of city going that means there has to be 40+ leaders to lead an instance to victory. We hardly have 4 or 5 good leaders on destro in the lakes so expecting 30+ players to step up to the plate and lead is probably not very likely and i suspect a lot of city instances are players running around with 0 leaders or players butting heads and just doing what ever they want.

And most of the city instances are made up of pugs and not full premade WBs.
Trismack

Tillbeast

Post#80 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:20 pm

Out of interest which cities were they? How many were Altdorf or IC?

Blatantly obvious that order are much more suited to seiging whilst destructions melee train more suited to scenarios. Since I started playing on server there has been very few Altdorf raids but I rarely see order victories in IC raids. Easier for order to force city raids yet destruction find it easier to win.