Recent Topics

Ads

I Recorded 7 Days of City Scores

Let's talk about... everything else
Zhah

Re: I Recorded 7 Days of City Scores

Post#21 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:44 pm

I feel like pug scores can definitely sway this one way or the other, where some cities will have 2 order healers while destro has 8. It also comes down to Destro players play more melee classes where on order you see a metric **** of engis and BWs, which explains why they do better in forts if there isn't a good chunk of organized destro on.

Ads
growill

Post#22 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:05 pm

kmark101 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:03 pm Well, from my personal experience after many city sieges, this is how a typical fight goes:

Order:
Try to split asap, 4 groups move individually, SPREAD SPREAD SPREAD, one group runs from the back, other group runs from the side they need to hit in the exact same second for perfect synergy to avoid avoid avoid avoid morale drops, NOW you have 4 groups all corners, ONE assist, sprint to assist that guy, ffs someone dd not assist so that DoK fled, but SPREAD SPREAD SPREAD iNCOMING morale drops!!!!, phew only 6 dead, now stabilize rez rez, take the wipe, regroup, new strategy.

vs

Destro:
Blob, pump, drop in 20seconds, if many dead then move and mop up the survivors, interrupt rezzes quick with taunt or knocks, done.

Am I the only one who sees slight balance problems when you compare them?
this is exactly my same experience/thoughts

jtj5002

Post#23 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:21 am

Order have more ORVR zergs, Destro have more top end players that logs on for city.
Its been like that since the new influx.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

dirnsterer

Post#24 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:39 am

I have noticed when playing on order at cities, first instances are basically order solo pugs and you find the formed WB's somewhere in instance 20 or so.

Omegus

Post#25 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:06 am

kmark101 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:37 pm That looks like a destro win of 63% in average.

BOrk selfpump
Shaman moralepump
Mara moraledrain
Chosen bane shield/spirit based damage craziness
GTDC

vs.

BW selfpump
AM moralepump
Rampage

cc 60% in destro favor

It seems to me that the numbers are correct and shows exactly how/why the results are.
WP +20% healing
Knight +15% healing
The super-mobile melee train.
etc

I wonder what would happen if the king vs king fight happened outside in the Altdorf palace rather than inside? Currently if the Altdorf siege ends up in the palace (i.e. destro win stage 2) then destro get a HUGE advantage as the two lords fight on the destro side of the twin doors of doom inside the palace, rather than in the order courtyard. Unlike the other 3 locations the kings can fight (Undercroft, Citadel and War Quarters) where the king's fight location is mostly balanced, the palace really does screw over order (and I say this as someone who plays destro).
kmark101 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:03 pm Well, from my personal experience after many city sieges, this is how a typical fight goes:
Destro rushes in for morale drop, order punts them away, destro blow half their morales in the process. By the time destro have rebuilt morales you've either attempted a counter drop or built up enough rampaging Siphons on the 6 WP that you can heal through the next drop if it's not punted away in time. Granted if destro get that initial drop off then it's potentially fight over, but counter it once and it becomes a very different fight altogether.

There are a few order WBs that have learned how to counter that initial destro morale drop, but not many.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Detangler

Post#26 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:47 am

I wish there was a way to take into account average renown rank on all those recorded wins and losses. My guess is order is quite a bit lower on average as most of the LazyPeon influx of players went order cause they were underpopulated most hours (remember those days?!?). That combined with less number of pug-friendly, warband viable classes (SW) and overrepresented classes (engineer) have made it seem like Order is somehow quite outmatched.

The good order players know it's not quite the case, but they have less options to make it that way.

Again, no basis on facts, just my misguided opinion.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

TreefAM

Post#27 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:31 am

Play slayers

MMXX43

Post#28 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:44 am

Ads
MMXX43

Post#29 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:47 am

Omegus wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:06 am
kmark101 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:37 pm That looks like a destro win of 63% in average.

BOrk selfpump
Shaman moralepump
Mara moraledrain
Chosen bane shield/spirit based damage craziness
GTDC

vs.

BW selfpump
AM moralepump
Rampage

cc 60% in destro favor

It seems to me that the numbers are correct and shows exactly how/why the results are.
WP +20% healing
Knight +15% healing
etc

BG 40 parry
CP Get to the choppa ( if exploited casted x2 , can also perma stuck you into tents and **** like that .)
Dok heal debuff on HIT !!

teiloh

Post#30 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:47 am

Omegus wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:06 am

WP +20% healing
Knight +15% healing
etc
WP and Knight tactics are massively overrated by Destro. They're good, but not much better than a handful of other tactics on the WP/Knight.