Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#61 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:02 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 pm
Hargrim wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:26 am
geezereur wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:58 pm

Can we please reconsider this, it means we have to farm pve dungeon to get another jewel set bonus like Sentinel.

The horror the horror...

So we should make the PVE Jewel item slot 4 only as well as it would be good to have everything the same, correct?
PvE set jewels are slot 3...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#62 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:04 pm

growill wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:10 am Well except people that are already a little behind in gear now suffer an even bigger power creep.

May I ask why focus so hard on sov sets? Sounds like they got just so much better than everything. Doesn't this kill variety as well as adding more power creep that nobody felt the need for?

I understand that it's the final set and it should be good but now in city I'm afraid who's not geared so good will just not stand a chance. And honestly it's already one-sided eniugh as it imo
Your concern is "don't add sov gear"?

Feel free to look up the stats from the live set and compare. Item curves are flatter on RoR than live, and we have no plans to get into the RR90+ gear or bonuses that caused real pain on live servers. I guess it won't matter much for players either way. If you're prone to losing and getting stomped, blaming gear is going to happen either way. Surely it couldn't have anything to do with the fact those players in full Sov have organized and optimized their groups to take advantage of their strengths. Must be the gear.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#63 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:07 pm

wonshot wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:36 am As for sove changes, it has me a little worried how almost useless autoattack speed from meatballs are not turned into strikethrough they dont get converted. maybe give this a rethink for this specific built as the stat is completly dead for them Meatballs.
I've seen this concern come up a couple times for the Warlord set, but the alternate Sov set is the one that has their melee tree bonus. Warlord is intended for their skirmish set, unless my notes are wrong. Moving the AA speed to Dodge ST makes it worse for meatball, but that's kind of the point.

sogeou

Post#64 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:18 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:02 pm
sogeou wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 pm
Hargrim wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:26 am

The horror the horror...

So we should make the PVE Jewel item slot 4 only as well as it would be good to have everything the same, correct?
PvE set jewels are slot 3...
Got it, so it is incentive for people who now want to min max to use a pve set and can no longer use only rvr gear sets. Understood.

M0rw47h

Post#65 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:21 pm

I hope for SC equalivent to Sentinel with 7d jewel on slot 3 for Ranked...

dragot

Post#66 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:22 pm

• IB : A disrupting strike that makes your opponent receive 50% less benefit from any heals cast on them for 10 s.
• CH : A disrupting strike that makes your opponent receive 30% less benefit from any heals cast on them.
WTF is this?

Foofmonger

Post#67 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:41 pm

dragot wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:22 pm • IB : A disrupting strike that makes your opponent receive 50% less benefit from any heals cast on them for 10 s.
• CH : A disrupting strike that makes your opponent receive 30% less benefit from any heals cast on them.
WTF is this?
Interesting find. That seems pretty wonky, is this accurate? If the Chosen's ability isn't 50% then its really bad for a Chosen, the Chosen can spec for a 25% aoe heal debuff, so wearing a full set of end game gear to do something you can already do but worse seems pretty awful. Also that means that it's under-tuned in comparison to the IB version as well.

Any reason the Chosen is 30% and the IB is 50%? That's a huge benefit to the IB, and a useless ability for a Chosen.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#68 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:43 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:21 pm I hope for SC equalivent to Sentinel with 7d jewel on slot 3 for Ranked...
Ranked doesn't have jewels

Ads
Faef

Post#69 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:04 pm
growill wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:10 am Well except people that are already a little behind in gear now suffer an even bigger power creep.

May I ask why focus so hard on sov sets? Sounds like they got just so much better than everything. Doesn't this kill variety as well as adding more power creep that nobody felt the need for?

I understand that it's the final set and it should be good but now in city I'm afraid who's not geared so good will just not stand a chance. And honestly it's already one-sided eniugh as it imo
Your concern is "don't add sov gear"?

Feel free to look up the stats from the live set and compare. Item curves are flatter on RoR than live, and we have no plans to get into the RR90+ gear or bonuses that caused real pain on live servers. I guess it won't matter much for players either way. If you're prone to losing and getting stomped, blaming gear is going to happen either way. Surely it couldn't have anything to do with the fact those players in full Sov have organized and optimized their groups to take advantage of their strengths. Must be the gear.
History on ror has generally been sets are released rather OP and then tuned down, hopefully that will prove the case this time to.
Last edited by Faef on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keula

Post#70 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:14 pm

So if in the future we can't mix rvr jewels, will there be pve sets with slot3 jewels for all specs(ie heal dok/wp) when this change happens to allow mixing before having full sov?
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM