Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wonshot

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#51 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:36 am

Overall amazing patch and thanks for readressing balancing on careers and item bonuses!

Weekend warfront is a great addition to RoR. And creates both variation for players plus hopefully we see more active lowertier scenario pops with this too :)

As for sove changes, it has me a little worried how almost useless autoattack speed from meatballs are not turned into strikethrough they dont get converted. maybe give this a rethink for this specific built as the stat is completly dead for them Meatballs.

8piece granted abilities are as always a difficult beast to tacle. I think you have solved the issue of BW/sorc set having "singletarget only and aoe radius only" mix in the same set. But now you are giving ap to a class that never runs out of ap, so the appeal is still not there on a rather weak endgame granted ability, compared to some of the new cool toys suchs a "allie speed up" and drain from M3 -> zero morale every 2minut. But hopefully this will be followed up further in the future :)

The morale drain is probably the biggest thing here, 10feet is super narrow and a good restriction but the value seems high and giving such a strong tool on the already offensive sets for classes like Mara seem overwhelming after the latest classchanges to the class. The class gained damage (rightfully so!) but now gain some of the lost trade-off moraledraining utility back. We will have to see how that plays out, but it seems scary on paper. In general morales are too dominatnt atm, and i hope down the line the long awaited moraleoverhaul will happen eventually.

Thanks for the time and effort, as always!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
retekelek

Post#52 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:58 am

Hargrim wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:26 am
geezereur wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:58 pm
geraldtarrant wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:40 pm Making invader ring obsolete is very bad decision.
Can we please reconsider this, it means we have to farm pve dungeon to get another jewel set bonus like Sentinel.

The horror the horror...
Well, yeah its a horror show for most players.
This game had the advantage whit other MMOS that if u like PVP, u can go at lvl 1 and stay there forever. You wasn't forced to farm PVE to have a good gear. Why is it a good idea forcing on players to do something they dont want to do, if they want to have BIS gear mixes?
I personly f***ing hate PVE and the most people i spoken, has the same view. Is this change only purpose to drain people from rvr lakes for less laggier server on prime time?
There is nothing funny about it "the horror the horror".

But beside that, about the topic; its not the biggest problem, whit this change. For some classes, and setups, sentinel aint would work too. I know you tring ur best to make this game better, but can we get the idea behind this change? For me it seems like just make the gear setups less variant, which i consider a bad descison, people love to experiment whit things, if game pushhed toward: BIS = full solvegnir for all class and builds, thats not gona make the game better.
Beside that, i can only think about conspiracies like drain peeps from rvr to pve.

Telen
Suspended

Post#53 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:03 am

Guys I love what you have done with the server. Havent played in about a year and its great what you have done.

I see theres still the obsession with dok/wp balance though. There are other classes *cough* sw *cough* knight/chosen need a mechanic *cough*.

sighy

Post#54 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:28 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:36 am The morale drain is probably the biggest thing here, 10feet is super narrow and a good restriction but the value seems high and giving such a strong tool on the already offensive sets for classes like Mara seem overwhelming after the latest classchanges to the class. The class gained damage (rightfully so!) but now gain some of the lost trade-off moraledraining utility back. We will have to see how that plays out, but it seems scary on paper. In general morales are too dominatnt atm, and i hope down the line the long awaited moraleoverhaul will happen eventually.
I think that this set bonus blows all existing morale drain out of the water. And gives it to basically all mdps. It's already a pain to wipe squads, who have healers spread right, even if you execute a very good morale bomb(gonna be next to impossible, with the sov changes). Altho that is more of a Destro issue usually since Order has BWs or WLs for aoe pressure/cleanup. (Pretty sure Slayers can't m2 bomb just like choppas)

growill

Post#55 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:10 am

Well except people that are already a little behind in gear now suffer an even bigger power creep.

May I ask why focus so hard on sov sets? Sounds like they got just so much better than everything. Doesn't this kill variety as well as adding more power creep that nobody felt the need for?

I understand that it's the final set and it should be good but now in city I'm afraid who's not geared so good will just not stand a chance. And honestly it's already one-sided eniugh as it imo

Vayra

Post#56 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:41 am

retekelek wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:58 am

Can we please reconsider this, it means we have to farm pve dungeon to get another jewel set bonus like Sentinel.

The horror the horror...
Well, yeah its a horror show for most players.
This game had the advantage whit other MMOS that if u like PVP, u can go at lvl 1 and stay there forever. You wasn't forced to farm PVE to have a good gear.
That's not strictly speaking true. You certainly didn't have to do PvE (for most classes), but itemization heavily encouraged it. For example on live, if you wanted to heal as a DoK/WP (and I think the other healers too) you had to do City Dungeons and Lost Vale. Because that's where you got healing sets. Conqueror and Invader were dps sets for healers back then, and there were no Scenario sets to provide a pvp alternative. Up until the rr100 bullshit PvE was required for BiS gear for almost every class, mainly from LotD, and for healers in particular to have useful healing gear past Annihilator/Ruin until they could get Warlord/Sov.

Things are a lot better on this server in terms of what you can get main-spec-wise from PVP. Only thing most people want from PvE is Onslaught or Bloodlord weapons, and some want Sentinel jewel if it is useful for their main spec.

And honestly it should be required to do some amount of PvE to get full BiS gear, just like it should be required to do PvP. Someone who spends time in all aspects of the end game should be rewarded higher than someone who just sticks to 1 part and never touches another.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ninjagon

Post#57 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:52 am

Oh my...

Now we all know, which side with tons of melee and tanks will completely morale drain their enemies. :roll:
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#58 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:48 pm

The 8p abilities at least promote using a full set for some classes instead if mixing for like 160 extra stats, especially on classes, where +2 mastery is useless.

Still, skills like CC immunity, luckily on defensive set only(!), sound too strong.
The ability to buff a offensive geared teammate (=friendly target) with CC immunity for 10 sec appears hilarious to me.
l.
Dying is no option.

Ads
sogeou

Post#59 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 pm

geraldtarrant wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:40 pm Making invader ring obsolete is very bad decision.

The horror the horror...

So we should make the PVE Jewel item slot 4 only as well as it would be good to have everything the same, correct?

Kragg

Post#60 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:30 pm

drmordread wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:18 pm Nice stuff, Love you guys ...

But can we start giving mdps offensive abilities from their armor? This love affair with defensive abilities is a bit infuriating.

Make WE/WH great again... give us back our mega crits!
Sov for rifleman: Unshackled Freedom - You and your defensive targets abilities cost no Action Points for 10 s.

Every reasonable rifleman has potions or uses a tactic to counter it.

We had some sort of ranged snare before but it gets nerfed before a good number of people have even tried it out.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance