Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
sighy

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#41 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:25 pm

Welp the meele sov bonus looks like final nail in the coffin for WE/WH more so than anything else. The shield DoK may be interesting to play around with, but gonna have to see how it measures up to Dark Rites, in variety of situations.

Ads
doky

Post#42 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:47 pm

Good changes on the 8pc abilities. Should still look at Warlord BO/SM very bad 8pc ability on Warlord.
Leading the charge 10 seconds??? bloody long duration) should be 60-70% speed more likely for 3 seconds.

RIP my healer warlord :cry

jasonX
Suspended

Post#43 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:51 pm

The new activated skill on BW 8/8 sov makes no sense. I was rarely using the old one but this one is way too incompatible with the class. Please revert change.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

geezereur

Post#44 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:58 pm

geraldtarrant wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:40 pm Making invader ring obsolete is very bad decision.
Can we please reconsider this, it means we have to farm pve dungeon to get another jewel set bonus like Sentinel.

Faef

Post#45 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:39 am

This game had a careful linear curve for power creep after the adjustment for conq. With the sov sets you blew this out of the water and introduced artificial gates that hadnt existed for previous sets. Some of these granted abilities are bonkers. The sets already had overpowered bonuses, the two extra master ability points alone showed this. I don't understand why you throw all the previous hard work out the window and hope these get re-thought.

Also the amount of defensive mitigation in this game is getting a bit beyond a joke. With renown point crit reduction, 10% liniment crit reduction, detaunt, armour talis, pots, now no crit for 10 sec granted ability (whilst also removing crit increase ability) . You realise in a pvp game players are meant to die right?

Resolute defence and other I win abilities were removed from the game (rightly). The above items have the same level of effect and yet remain and are added to.

kryss

Post#46 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:14 am

Wargrimnir, could you please provide a clarification on this ability?

Inexorable Force - Your defensive target becomes immune to Stagger, Knockdown, Root and Knockback effects for 10 seconds.

Is this for the defensive target only or also for yourself if you are targeted? From the spelling it seems it's ally only, but you never know :)

Thanks

Hargrim
Developer

Post#47 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:26 am

geezereur wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:58 pm
geraldtarrant wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:40 pm Making invader ring obsolete is very bad decision.
Can we please reconsider this, it means we have to farm pve dungeon to get another jewel set bonus like Sentinel.

The horror the horror...

Vayra

Post#48 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:29 am

kryss wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:14 am Wargrimnir, could you please provide a clarification on this ability?

Inexorable Force - Your defensive target becomes immune to Stagger, Knockdown, Root and Knockback effects for 10 seconds.

Is this for the defensive target only or also for yourself if you are targeted? From the spelling it seems it's ally only, but you never know :)

Thanks
Defensive target means you if you don't have one (or have yourself targeted). At least for every other ability that references it.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
Alsayr

Post#49 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:18 am

IMO Sov 8th bonus should works for party like on live. Increase also number of enamies affected for this bonus also. have advantage, but it is must be because its end game set, this is war, some one lose some one win thats all.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Omegus

Post#50 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:25 am

Hargrim wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:26 am
geezereur wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:58 pm
The horror the horror...
As someone who is 48 influence (yes, really...) away from getting the Sentinel Ring the amount of BB/BE runs needed to get it has been absurd, especially from a dungeon that a lot of players don't consider particularly fun to run. BB in particular is a special kind of hell for healers, especially action-point based ones.

Regarding the Sov changes, I've just discovered that the Zealot's alt/"DPS" sov set* has lost it's crit chance (both heal and magic) ability and instead was given the AP reduction ability. Giving up 4% crit at all times (Sentinel Helm and Oppressor/Vanq boots) for a 10% crit chance boost every 2 minutes was hard enough to justify to the point that I just kept it at 6pc Sov, and there is no chance I'll give up 4% crit chance (about all the Zealot can do to boost its damage is crit) for some extra AP. The DPS Zealot is known to have AP issues (one of them is outlined here: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=35264) and this not the way to try and fix it.

Something like a Magical Rampage (attacks can't be blocked or disrupted for X seconds) would help the Zealot actually land the attacks if it chose to DPS, especially as when trying to go hybrid and switch between healing and dps you're generally in gear that is high in crit chance (needed for healing) rather than raw primary stat which means your already weak magic attacks get disrupted more often (4 piece alt Sov bonus helps a bit with this, giving the Zealot a reduced chance to be disrupted).

Speaking of Zealot alt/DPS sov: it's had copy/pasted healing stats on 7/8 pieces since sov launched (https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15681). Thankfully the Zealot can convert them to damage stats if/when needed, but please can it be looked at in case you decide to change the other stats on the pieces as well?

* out of curiosity, how many players have actually bought the full alt sov set for the Zealot? 6 piece is IMO better for healing than the healing set as I'd much rather have my stagger be disrupted less (4pc bonus) than get a small armour bonus when I'm stacking wounds.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot