Recent Topics

Ads

[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
sagramor81

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#31 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:04 am

Ruscour wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:51 am
sagramor81 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:22 am Install went okay, but the launcher doesn't appear to be connecting.
There's a barely visible dashed outline where the Patch Notes, etc. should be.
WEB SERVER is red.
LOGIN SERVER is yellow.
I don't know how to fix your specific connection issues, but I highly doubt it's a wine issue. The launcher has graphical glitches sometimes for me, but I've never seen it fail to connect when it would otherwise be fine on Windows.

So I'd suggest looking around for general connection issue fixes.

Thanks
In the Launcher and Installation FAQ there are steps to fix this for Windows, but I'm not sure how you would fix the issue on a Linux/Lutris install.
Web Server appears red / Login Server appears yellow:

- This happens if the World server is down. There's a server status thread here.

- How to fix this problem (when it's not caused by the World server being down!):

1. click on start
2. type into the search-box cmd (before clicking enter press ctrl+shift) then also enter while holding them (runs cmd as admin)
3. the cmd window open up
4. type in:

netsh winsock reset catalog (resets winsock entries to install values)
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log (resets ipv4 to install values)
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log (reset ipv6 to install values)

5. restart the computer
6. log-in and enter the battlefield!

Ads
Ruscour

Post#32 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:28 am

Ugh, that's strange. Do you have a Windows partition or VM that you could test with?

I would think something like wininet was missing from the wine prefix but it's not included in the Lutris setup and it seems to work for everyone else.

You could post the log from running RoRLauncher.exe (in the lutris-created wineprefix of course) and maybe something will be useful there.
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

sagramor81

Post#33 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:32 am

Ruscour wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:28 am Ugh, that's strange. Do you have a Windows partition or VM that you could test with?

I would think something like wininet was missing from the wine prefix but it's not included in the Lutris setup and it seems to work for everyone else.

You could post the log from running RoRLauncher.exe (in the lutris-created wineprefix of course) and maybe something will be useful there.
Here's my log.

Code: Select all

Running /home/<name>/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.0-x86_64/bin/wine /home/<name>/Games/warhammer-online-return-of-reckoning/prefix/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Return of Reckoning/RoRLauncher.exe
Initial process has started with pid 6187
Game is considered started.
esync: up and running.
wineserver: failed to change priority to SCHED_FIFO/90
Game is considered exited.
Initial process has exited.
All monitored processes have exited.
Exit with returncode 0

xpander
Community Management

Post#34 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:21 pm

if you have some internet data on your phone, try usb tethering and see if thisone has the same issue. the log doesn't show anything. you probably have WINEDEBUG=-all enabled so it just shows general lutris info.

I had few people who said that they could connect with their phone internet but cant with their home internet.. some routers (apple router namely) is known to have issues with the game servers as well as some ISPs. VPN is another thing to try. There are free ones also to just test
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

sagramor81

Post#35 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:30 pm

xpander wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:21 pm if you have some internet data on your phone, try usb tethering and see if thisone has the same issue. the log doesn't show anything. you probably have WINEDEBUG=-all enabled so it just shows general lutris info.

I had few people who said that they could connect with their phone internet but cant with their home internet.. some routers (apple router namely) is known to have issues with the game servers as well as some ISPs. VPN is another thing to try. There are free ones also to just test
Thanks!!! Got it working on VPN (proton). I'm pretty sure I'm using all the same hardware as last time I played (possibly new router since then), and definitely the same ISP. But it has been probably over two years so who knows.

sagramor81

Post#36 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:24 pm

So much for the VPN. Today it's not working. Any help would be appreciated.

xpander
Community Management

Post#37 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:53 am

sagramor81 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:24 pm So much for the VPN. Today it's not working. Any help would be appreciated.
Sadly i have no idea. I never encountered issues on 6 different Linux machines on a 4 different internet connections.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

sagramor81

Post#38 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:18 pm

xpander wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:53 am
sagramor81 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:24 pm So much for the VPN. Today it's not working. Any help would be appreciated.
Sadly i have no idea. I never encountered issues on 6 different Linux machines on a 4 different internet connections.
FWIW, I'm in NA and have so far had one glimpse of success using (free tier) proton VPN. Is there another free(ish) VPN anyone might recommend along with config if necessary to someone from NA?

Ads
KhorneBerserker

Post#39 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:33 pm

xpander wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:00 am If anybody feels Adventurous, theres a way to use DXVK with this game without the bright ground textures.
You need to patch DXVK with This patch
[/spoiler]
Tried it, much faster loading and a little bit better FPS during sieges (a lot of people).
The only issue I encountered - corrupted minimap - purple/black colours.
If anyone needs patch for Gentoo (portage refused the original one) - if tastytea's overlay is used - just place it in /etc/portage/patches/app-emulation/dxvk/name.patch and reemerge.

xpander
Community Management

Post#40 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:44 am

yeah i get the purple/black doted minimap also. i thought my vkbasalt sharpness was causing it. Not a big issue though, as the icons on the minimap are still seen.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos