Recent Topics

Ads

What are the best/meta classes for pvp?

Let's talk about... everything else
MarinCro1999

What are the best/meta classes for pvp?

Post#1 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi,I've played RoR a while ago and was thinking of getting back into it. Used to play a Witch Elf, but now I want to try something new and I want to know what are the best meta classes for both Order and Destruction nowadays? The ones that are objectively better and most desired in warbands?

Ads
Glorian

Re: What are the best/meta classes for pvp?

Post#2 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:32 pm

Most classes have usability in a wb.

In Open RvR less desired are:

We/Wh
WL
More then one Magus/Engi
BG/IB
SW

This changes though in city fights with which are 24vs24.

From the above list high ST damage classes work on a good player that can burst down targets.

So WL, We, WH, SW in assault spec are put in the WB if they are on an experienced player with high RR.

Always desired are regardless of rvr or city:

Chosen/Kotbs
WP/Dok
Zealot/RP

You can put these in a wb from 1-8

Everything else like choppa/Slayer, marauder, BO, SM, Melee squigs.... have their Place but depending on meta or current gear change sometimes in numbers. For example recently BW/specs are less desired in cities as classical bombing doesn't work in cities.

MarinCro1999

Post#3 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:07 pm

Glorian wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:32 pm Most classes have usability in a wb.

We/Wh
WL
More then one Magus/Engi
BG/IB
SW

From the above list high ST damage classes work on a good player that can burst down targets.

So WL, We, WH, SW in assault spec are put in the WB if they are on an experienced player with high RR.

Chosen/Kotbs
WP/Dok
Zealot/RP

Everything else like choppa/Slayer, marauder, BO, SM, Melee squigs.... have their Place but depending on meta or current gear change sometimes in numbers. For example recently BW/specs are less desired in cities as classical bombing doesn't work in cities.
Thank you for the detailed response, I think I will give either WP or DoK a go,the mele healer concept seems interesting.

Malecus

Post#4 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:44 am

MarinCro1999 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:07 pm

We/Wh
WL
More then one Magus/Engi
BG/IB
SW

Chosen/Kotbs
WP/Dok
Zealot/RP

Thank you for the detailed response, I think I will give either WP or DoK a go,the mele healer concept seems interesting.
The melee build isn't meta though unfortunately, wp and dok who stand mid line with a chalice/book and spam shields and group heals are meta.

sighy

Post#5 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:08 am

We/Wh
WL
More then one Magus/Engi
BG/IB
SW

Chosen/Kotbs
WP/Dok
Zealot/RP

Gor meele healing WP works better, while DoK is gimmicky and awkward, while dps DoK works great and dps WP is gimmicky and awkward. Chalice/book(kinda mid range) both work great and always have a place in any setting.

DirkDaring

Post#6 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:01 pm

We/Wh
WL
More then one Magus/Engi
BG/IB
SW

Chosen/Kotbs
WP/Dok
Zealot/RP

Theres nothing wrong with grace or wrath WP, and they are fun to play, however be prepared for a lot of hate, and tanks will not guard you at times, etc just to be a ass ,

People playing this game feel that if you roll a healer, you job is to do nothing but follow them around, and spam heals and cleanse , so their gaming exp can be more fun, if you are having fun or not, doesn't matter.

Ive played healer, melee hybrids in every mmo since 1999, and while I do spam heal, and heal rez outside of my WB, There are many healers that do not , I have never created a character for the sole purpose of being a heal bot, and making sure someone else has fun playing the game

I would get 2 sets of gear , 1 heal based , and 1 melee based , some of the best gear for grace, and wrath come from crypts,tunnels , and Bastion stairs, as well as Sov off, mix . in order to get the gear from crypts/tunn, and BS you will need to be heal speced anyway, and carry it with you

Just because you are melee speced doesnt mean you cant swap into heal set if you notice your team, etc is low on actual healers, etc.

CountTalabecland

Post#7 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:13 pm

Slayer and Choppa
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

growill

Post#8 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:49 am

DirkDaring wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:01 pm
Theres nothing wrong with grace or wrath WP, and they are fun to play, however be prepared for a lot of hate, and tanks will not guard you at times, etc just to be a ass ,

People playing this game feel that if you roll a healer, you job is to do nothing but follow them around, and spam heals and cleanse , so their gaming exp can be more fun, if you are having fun or not, doesn't matter.

Ive played healer, melee hybrids in every mmo since 1999, and while I do spam heal, and heal rez outside of my WB, There are many healers that do not , I have never created a character for the sole purpose of being a heal bot, and making sure someone else has fun playing the game

I would get 2 sets of gear , 1 heal based , and 1 melee based , some of the best gear for grace, and wrath come from crypts,tunnels , and Bastion stairs, as well as Sov off, mix . in order to get the gear from crypts/tunn, and BS you will need to be heal speced anyway, and carry it with you

Just because you are melee speced doesnt mean you cant swap into heal set if you notice your team, etc is low on actual healers, etc.
It's not that people feel your job is to do nothing but heal them, is that people NEED that you heal them. Scenarios are made so that there's enough (well, supposedly) of each class. Which means that if you get two dps AM (like I did today) your team is 2 healers down and you're most likely going to lose. That's why people get upset, becouse they find their team lacking the heal they needed and expected from a healer

Ofc this is not always the case but when you find yourself in a party /wb and you wonder why you're not getting any heal despite having 2 healers in your party that's frustrating

Ads
Minkua

Post#9 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:13 am

growill wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:49 am

It's not that people feel your job is to do nothing but heal them, is that people NEED that you heal them. Scenarios are made so that there's enough (well, supposedly) of each class. Which means that if you get two dps AM (like I did today) your team is 2 healers down and you're most likely going to lose. That's why people get upset, becouse they find their team lacking the heal they needed and expected from a healer

Ofc this is not always the case but when you find yourself in a party /wb and you wonder why you're not getting any heal despite having 2 healers in your party that's frustrating
Not sure what part of that is a DPS WP or DoK's fault, if you see a dual wielding dok in an sc's theres a good chance they are dps so dont expect heals.... or you know.... just ask. Either way your expectations or disappointment is a you problem and cannot be shifted onto someone who is playing a class how they enjoy it and still performing a role... even if thats not the role you'd prefer or need

Malecus

Post#10 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:02 am

growill wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:49 am

Exactly this. If i am starting a premade group to run scs I have zero problem bringing a dps shammy or dps dok, I slot them in a dps role and still grab my two actual healers.

PUGs dont do that. It picks groups based on expected roles (poorly, but it does) and if all my healers on my team want to dps we WILL lose.

So the solution? Add a drop down menu to select your role when you solo queue for scenarios.