Recent Topics

Ads

Black Squares under player models and NPCs

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
beerzerker121

Black Squares under player models and NPCs

Post#1 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 pm

I have this issue resurface after the patch. All characters/NPCs have black squares under them. I had it last week when I started playing again so I reran the launcher a few times and it downloaded some more files and then it was fixed. After this patch it has returned and rerunning the launcher multiple times doesn't fix it now.
Beerzerky - Marauder
Fungaleez - Shaman

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Black Squares under player models and NPCs

Post#2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:27 pm

beerzerker121 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 pm I have this issue resurface after the patch. All characters/NPCs have black squares under them. I had it last week when I started playing again so I reran the launcher a few times and it downloaded some more files and then it was fixed. After this patch it has returned and rerunning the launcher multiple times doesn't fix it now.
Have you messed around with your in-game video settings? Just to see if there's something causing it?
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

beerzerker121

Post#3 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:54 am

Kaelang wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:27 pm
beerzerker121 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 pm I have this issue resurface after the patch. All characters/NPCs have black squares under them. I had it last week when I started playing again so I reran the launcher a few times and it downloaded some more files and then it was fixed. After this patch it has returned and rerunning the launcher multiple times doesn't fix it now.
Have you messed around with your in-game video settings? Just to see if there's something causing it?
I have messed with some visual settings and set to balanced and got rid of shadows to see if that caused it. Nothing seemed to fix it. I also loaded the game on my wife's for her account and she also has the exact same problem. I'm not sure what's causing it but I will probably re-install tomorrow and see if that helps. I have had the game installed since almost the beginning of the server so maybe some file somewhere? Will update post tomorrow.
Beerzerky - Marauder
Fungaleez - Shaman

Kaelang

Post#4 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 am

beerzerker121 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:54 am
I have messed with some visual settings and set to balanced and got rid of shadows to see if that caused it. Nothing seemed to fix it. I also loaded the game on my wife's for her account and she also has the exact same problem. I'm not sure what's causing it but I will probably re-install tomorrow and see if that helps. I have had the game installed since almost the beginning of the server so maybe some file somewhere? Will update post tomorrow.
Could potentially be the DX9 library too, a fresh reinstall should fix that too though.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

beerzerker121

Post#5 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:36 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 am
beerzerker121 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:54 am

Could potentially be the DX9 library too, a fresh reinstall should fix that too though.
I'll give that a shot ty!
Beerzerky - Marauder
Fungaleez - Shaman

Elzog

Post#6 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:42 pm

I'm having the same issue on Windows 7 with a rx580 and everything up to date...

Elzog

Post#7 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:17 am

I managed to get rid of them by selecting the worst video preset (even if i manually change the settings to the lowest, it doesn't work).
But it's ugly then =/ and my computer could probably handle 10 warhammer clients so it's a bit frustrating to have to play with poor graphics.

Kaelang

Post#8 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:55 am

Elzog wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:17 am I managed to get rid of them by selecting the worst video preset (even if i manually change the settings to the lowest, it doesn't work).
But it's ugly then =/ and my computer could probably handle 10 warhammer clients so it's a bit frustrating to have to play with poor graphics.
The game isn't optimised for the computers of 2020, it's a dated game.

Most people here play on the lowest graphics settings during RvR and turn them up during smaller / group plays.

Ads
Elzog

Post#9 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:28 am

Still, i shouldn't see black squares under all players, enemies and npc models

MMXX43

Post#10 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:48 am

Check if you got fullscreen by default when you alt tabbed , i got something similar after alt tabbing , uncheck it and it will be ok, hope this helps