Recent Topics

Ads

Input signal out of range

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Dhrazar

Input signal out of range

Post#1 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:55 pm

Hello guys,
I'm an old warhammer player and wanted to come back in the game. I've read the install instruction, followed them and installed succesfully the game. However it seems impossible for me to step into it due to the " Input Signal out of range, Set setting to 1600x900 " message. For other games, like Path of Exhile, i had this issue but solved it into my NVIDIA settings. In the NVIDIA panel however, it seems that it can't find the ROR game. I have a Geforce GTX 1050 and have read in your post that it should work with this video card, however i'm blocked.

Can you help?

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Input signal out of range

Post#2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:57 pm

Error Message:

Input signal out of range.

Translation:

You will see this on an otherwise blank screen. Assuming that the data cable is plugged in correctly, the video card is feeding the monitor a signal stream in excess of what the monitor can accommodate. The two main causes for this are that the user has set either the resolution or the vertical frequency rate too high. For example, you might set a new graphics card to display at 1,280 x 1,024, but if the monitor is only capable of 1,024 x 768 resolution, you’ll get a Sync Out of Range error. This is especially common in 14-inch monitors.

Solution:

Because you obviously can’t make settings changes from within regular Windows, you’ll need to reboot into Windows Safe Mode. When you restart the system, there is a point during boot up when the system switches from reporting diagnostics and detected components to loading Windows. This point is usually accompanied by a beep and the screen going black. Just before this point, you want to start repeatedly pressing the F8 key. This should bring up a menu of Windows boot options. The one you want to pick is Safe Mode.

From Safe Mode right-click the Desktop and select Properties. Go to the Settings tab and use the slider to drop your resolution a notch or two. Reboot and let Windows try to go into Normal mode. If this still doesn’t work, go back into Safe Mode and get to the Settings tab of Display Properties. Click the Advanced button, go to the Monitor tab, and check your refresh rate. The lowest advisable rate is usually 60Hz, although this works better for LCDs (liquid-crystal displays) than CRTs (cathode ray tubes). Apply the change and reboot.

---------------------------

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums ... -900-60hz/

I'd imagine you can follow this, but for the 1600x900 resolution instead?
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Dhrazar

Post#3 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:11 pm

That didn't work, but i solved after some time of searching and thinking about. If others will have the same problems, it worked after changing the game fullscreen numbers to my resolution ( into the warhammer ROR folder -> user -> user setting/modify )

Kaelang

Post#4 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:04 am

Dhrazar wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:11 pm That didn't work, but i solved after some time of searching and thinking about. If others will have the same problems, it worked after changing the game fullscreen numbers to my resolution ( into the warhammer ROR folder -> user -> user setting/modify )
Sweet, at least you've got it sorted mate. I know for some 4k / larger resolution screens the game nopes.

But you're in!
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.