Ads

Patch Notes 08/04/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Foofmonger

Re: Patch Notes 08/04/2020

Post#131 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:38 pm

dalen wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:42 am
Droak wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:13 am All of my abilities are missing. How do you restart the game and launcher? I don't know how to do that.
Here's some instructions on how to restart the launcher:

1. Press the "X" button on top right corner of the launcher
2. Start the launcher again
This got my good laugh of the day in.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#132 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:39 pm

Arguetlam wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:35 pm
Tartuccio wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:41 pm
Lesnoj wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:25 am I would really like to head thoughts from devs, about what are they planning to do with WH/WE and rSW. It is obviously that they need more attention than other classes that are getting changes every patch. And I am not talking about balance. For example, ranged SW is totally unplayable compared to range SH. Why are we forced to play only mSW or only one spec WH ?
Agreed, I'm just curious as to the design direction, especially with WH/WE. If the plan is for it to never be good at city since it's meant to be rogue archetype then it would be nice to at least know for people to make decisions on what to main. Don't get me wrong, not saying it was as good at city as other classes before the patch (it was passable with morale drain build but still no Slayer/WL) but I'm talking more about the intent for the class.
What i do not get is that ppl think always in archetype. We need to stop thinking like that and see the whole picture.
The game is not only about classes, it s about content. So the question is: how each classes integrate itself in the contentent available. And adjuste thing accordingly.

I don t want to chelve a class because the content by it s nature do not have any place for it. I m not talking about making meta any class and any spec in all situation. I m asking for at least usefullness of each class in any content.
Those people who preach archetypes also seem to be the ones who preach that this isnt a solo game and it shouldnt be balanced around solo play.

Foofmonger

Post#133 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:39 pm
Tartuccio wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:41 pm

Agreed, I'm just curious as to the design direction, especially with WH/WE. If the plan is for it to never be good at city since it's meant to be rogue archetype then it would be nice to at least know for people to make decisions on what to main. Don't get me wrong, not saying it was as good at city as other classes before the patch (it was passable with morale drain build but still no Slayer/WL) but I'm talking more about the intent for the class.
What i do not get is that ppl think always in archetype. We need to stop thinking like that and see the whole picture.
The game is not only about classes, it s about content. So the question is: how each classes integrate itself in the contentent available. And adjuste thing accordingly.

I don t want to chelve a class because the content by it s nature do not have any place for it. I m not talking about making meta any class and any spec in all situation. I m asking for at least usefullness of each class in any content.
Those people who preach archetypes also seem to be the ones who preach that this isnt a solo game and it shouldnt be balanced around solo play.
It's not preaching, it's an understanding of game design.

This game was designed and balanced with multiple sub-systems, including: Cross Realm Archetypes (Bezerker, Aura Tank), In-Realm Roles (Tank,Healer,MDPS,RDPS), Cross Realm Roles (Tank, Healer, MDPS, RDPS, but not same archetype), etc...

If you want to balance the game properly, they must ALL be considered as interlocking systems. Yes, the big picture is the most important, but you can't get to the big picture without understanding the detailed level of nuance that comprises what the big picture "is".

So to the posters point above, you need to consider archetypes and content (and other factors). This is not a "or" discussion, it's an "and". The issue being outlined in this thread is that a particular archetype (the assassin MDPS archetype), doesn't currently have a well defined role in larger AOE based combat situations. That is still an archetype analysis, even when you pair it with specific types of content.

sighy

Post#134 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:11 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 pm

This game was designed and balanced with multiple sub-systems, including: Cross Realm Archetypes (Bezerker, Aura Tank), In-Realm Roles (Tank,Healer,MDPS,RDPS), Cross Realm Roles (Tank, Healer, MDPS, RDPS, but not same archetype), etc...

If you want to balance the game properly, they must ALL be considered as interlocking systems. Yes, the big picture is the most important, but you can't get to the big picture without understanding the detailed level of nuance that comprises what the big picture "is".

So to the posters point above, you need to consider archetypes and content (and other factors). This is not a "or" discussion, it's an "and". The issue being outlined in this thread is that a particular archetype (the assassin MDPS archetype), doesn't currently have a well defined role in larger AOE based combat situations. That is still an archetype analysis, even when you pair it with specific types of content.
Problem is that the "archetype" argument is always used to invalidate attempts to have this pair be relevant or even occasionally desirable, in endgame content. The "assassin" has long since lost ability to assassinate(ironically) and in the current state of the game is basically useless outside their morale drain, as single target is meaningless these days. The archetype no longer seems to have a place in this game so we might as well follow the direction this game is going.

jokerspsycho

Post#135 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:13 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 pm

Other classes can do what we/wh does but easier.

We/wh ask for adjustments to help them in solo environment.

"This isnt a solo game find a group"

Cant get a group bc not bringing anything a group wants that another class cant do.

asks for adjustments to help in group environment

"Lol that's what you get for picking the rogue archetype"

The people who say those 2 statements are normally the same people.
------------

It seems generally agreed upon that we/wh barely serves as an assassin atm. Ok only thing that gives them the role is the 30s dura and 30s cd stealth. Spike damage is generally the same as some other burst specs from other classes from what it seems.

Tartuccio

Post#136 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:18 pm

Oh if it seemed like I was agreeing with the idea for rogue archetype crowd I wasn't, was just asking if it's part of the mindset in the design or not. I agree with you all in that it shouldn't only be balanced around solo assassin role. At least in the current meta situation.
Lilias - 75 WH
Zileana - 65 BW
Azzanadra - 63 SW
Basilika - 57 AM

jokerspsycho

Post#137 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:22 pm

Tartuccio wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:18 pm was just asking if it's part of the mindset in the design or not.
Looking on the forums and this post, We/Wh community also want to know lol.

jasonX
Suspended

Post#138 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:49 pm

So you nerfed the only Order class that could slightly moraledrain........... WH now hits only 3 targets and its moraledrain procs only when hitting on their backs....
Could someone from the staff elaborate how this is perceived as balance?
I mean WTF!!!!
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Ads
TreefAM

Post#139 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:51 pm

Dragon gun wasn't nerfed thought?

jasonX
Suspended

Post#140 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:43 am

125 moraleburn every at best 4 seconds :P. Shammys give 300 morale per 10 seconds. With chop fasta they give 600 morale per 10 secs. do the maths hehe.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer