Recent Topics

Ads

Not receiving tells.

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
eregawu

Not receiving tells.

Post#1 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:24 pm

hi. Either absolutely nobody I've messaged ever replies to me or my chat is broken. I've tried to ask players in game near me with the /say channel to reply to my tells & either none of them did or something is seriously wrong. I don't know how to create a ticket so I'm on here posting a forum. I'd love some help figuring this out or if you could just tell me if there's a way to create an in-game ticket I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Ads
Artwork

Re: Not receiving tells.

Post#2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:52 pm

Are you in-game now? If so, I'd be glad to try to help you out. I'm not a Dev/GM/Anyone Official, but I have been playing on and off for a long time, so if you want some informal help I'm willing. I'm guessing you accidently filtered out Tells in your Chat tab, so it's not that people aren't responding, but that you just aren't seeing the responses, however that's just a guess. Anyway, I'll be in-game for the next hour or so, and will check the forums every 5 minutes. If you want help, let me know here and we can make arrangements to meet in game and test things out. If not, I hope you get it straightened out sooner or later.

eregawu

Post#3 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Artwork wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:52 pm Are you in-game now? If so, I'd be glad to try to help you out. I'm not a Dev/GM/Anyone Official, but I have been playing on and off for a long time, so if you want some informal help I'm willing. I'm guessing you accidently filtered out Tells in your Chat tab, so it's not that people aren't responding, but that you just aren't seeing the responses, however that's just a guess. Anyway, I'll be in-game for the next hour or so, and will check the forums every 5 minutes. If you want help, let me know here and we can make arrangements to meet in game and test things out. If not, I hope you get it straightened out sooner or later.
What is your in-game name? And I'm destro btw.

Artwork

Post#4 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:09 pm

I'll log a destro toon, and will meet you at the flight master in IC (Inevitable City). I'll be on a Magus named Catamaran. See you in a few minutes. If for some reason I can't read your "Say" or "tell", just jump up and down in front of me and we'll go from there :)

eregawu

Post#5 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:57 pm

ok after running some tests with a friend we determined that he could not read any of my say, tell, or shout messages. he could only view my party chat messages. i was able to see his say, tell, & shout messages. so either my chat abilities are bugged or maybe (we thought) a GM may have disciplined me for something i may have done in game. but if the disciplinary action is the reason i never got any notice saying this was happening. of course if i did something wrong i accept responsibility but a heads-up would've been nice.

if any dev or gm out there can shed some light on this please do so. oh & i tried these tests with another toon & same result, so it is affecting my entire account. thank you all & take care.

Kaelang

Post#6 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:30 pm

If you have been chat muted, it would explain what's happening.

If you're confused, PM a GM either through the Forums or on Discord, ask them and they'll likely shed some light for you.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

eregawu

Post#7 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:37 am

Kaelang wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:30 pm If you have been chat muted, it would explain what's happening.

If you're confused, PM a GM either through the Forums or on Discord, ask them and they'll likely shed some light for you.
being chat muted isn't a permanent thing is it?

Kaelang

Post#8 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 am

eregawu wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:37 am
Kaelang wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:30 pm If you have been chat muted, it would explain what's happening.

being chat muted isn't a permanent thing is it?
Depends on the severity of the mute.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
eregawu

Post#9 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:58 am

ok how do i go about pm'ing a gm on the forum or getting on their discord to message them?

Kaelang

Post#10 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:49 pm

eregawu wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:58 am

ok how do i go about pm'ing a gm on the forum or getting on their discord to message them?
viewtopic.php?t=22044

Here is a link to the official discord.