Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 08/04/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
kryss

Re: Patch Notes 08/04/2020

Post#81 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:55 pm

moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:48 pm My point is, when you created your WE/WH character you wanted a class for ganking/smallscale pvp. Yet me the game confirms that it is indeed your primary role you're all up in arms. If you like warband pvp better, it's fine, but you should have realised that and switched to another dps class.
Mate I played WH on this server for YEARS, 90% of the time in solo mode, 5% in PvE (mandatory in u want bis) and 5% in a organized WB (cities). I am in full Sovereign and worked hard to earn it fast by being useful in a good setup: so I know what I wanted, I got it and I got the right class for me. But this doesn't mean WH should be axed from its viability in WBs. Devs always say that every class should be at least viable in WB: not saying WHs have to be great in every department of the game - well, some classes are - , just not ****. SWs? Yes, I feel for them, they need heavy adjustments for WBs. I surely will change my style for cities, switching some stuff and see if it works as well: but man, look at the average WHs' life in WBs and you'll see a disaster :)
Last edited by kryss on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Detangler

Post#82 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:55 pm

Curious what was fixed on the Chosen for Dire Shielding. I've been using it in WB play for a while now and it sure seemed to work just fine for me. I'd get spam damage every second or so from all the AOE hitting allies around me. Did you take out the internal cooldown on it? Please?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

moderntimes

Post#83 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:03 pm

kryss wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:55 pm
moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:48 pm My point is, when you created your WE/WH character you wanted a class for ganking/smallscale pvp. Yet me the game confirms that it is indeed your primary role you're all up in arms. If you like warband pvp better, it's fine, but you should have realised that and switched to another dps class.
Mate I played WH on this server for YEARS, 90% of the time in solo mode, 5% in PvE (mandatory in u want bis) and 5% in a organized WB (cities). I am in full Sovereign and worked hard to earn it fast by being useful in a good setup: so I know what I wanted, I got it and I got the right class for me. But this doesn't mean WH should be axed from its viability in WBs. Devs always say that every class should be at least viable in WB: not saying WHs have to be great in every department of the game - well, some classes are - , just not ****. SWs? Yes, I feel for them, they need heavy adjustments for WBs. I surely will change my style for cities, switching some stuff and see if it works as well: but man, look at the average WHs' life in WBs and you'll see a disaster :)

I'm trying to help people find the archetype they'd like to play. If most of your gameplay is warband play you never wanted to play rogue in the first place. If most of your time is dedicated to solo pvp then the change is irrelevant.

kryss

Post#84 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:19 pm

moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:03 pm
I'm trying to help people find the archetype they'd like to play. If most of your gameplay is warband play you never wanted to play rogue in the first place. If most of your time is dedicated to solo pvp then the change is irrelevant.
It doesn't work like that and being a "rogue" archetype means nothing. You play a class, every class, in different situations and with different setups (richness, you know?): if one good setup gets hammered down from viable to 0, it's not that irrelevant. You can simply find a balanced way of doing things, in this case reducing sweeping razor to 5-6 targets hits, and not just 3.

jokerspsycho

Post#85 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Isnt the argument everyone makes is that balance in this game isnt about solo but group play so shouldnt all classes be viable in a group setting? Or is it we/wh is good at solo so it must suffer in group? Let's decide on one statement here.

moderntimes

Post#86 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 pm

kryss wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:19 pm

It doesn't work like that and being a "rogue" archetype means nothing. You play a class, every class, in different situations and with different setups (richness, you know?): if one good setup gets hammered down from viable to 0, it's not that irrelevant. You can simply find a balanced way of doing things, in this case reducing sweeping razor to 5-6 targets hits, and not just 3.
Archetypes are the bane of old school mmos, you kinda have to accept it when you create a character. That's why dps dok raised eyebrows a while ago, it bled too much into the dps archetype while staying relevant in the healer one. And why people dislike dps AMs in sc, because they see someone trying to shoehorn themselves into another archetype. Modern mmos are trying to set aside the archetype system, turning everyone more or less into a hybrid dps. If archetypes are irrelevant you would logically have to up the dps tree of the healers so they can compete with the other dps, and create a healing tree for the dps to compete with the healers. Then you'd get the most "richness" possible, like you said.
Last edited by moderntimes on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dalen
Developer

Post#87 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 pm

Elemint wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:25 pm Can we please have /sit and /lie on a toggle instead of being 1s long animation?
Will try to fix it (and then probably restrict them to short ones like now in RvR). But there's still some parts of player character animations that we haven't figured out quite how they work yet.
Source Developer

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#88 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:52 pm

dalen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 pm
Elemint wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:25 pm Can we please have /sit and /lie on a toggle instead of being 1s long animation?
Will try to fix it (and then probably restrict them to short ones like now in RvR). But there's still some parts of player character animations that we haven't figured out quite how they work yet.
Even for sit i fully agree the request, even for lie, much less :). Seeing fake death in the lake gonna make problems.

Ads
Tarantoga

Post#89 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:52 pm

moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 pm
kryss wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:19 pm

Archetypes are the bane of old school mmos, you kinda have to accept it when you create a character.
noone has to accept this type of thinking. doesnt make sense to just have a bunch of viable classes for wb in a game which is about large scale rvr. even makes less sense if those classes were viable once :(
Last edited by Tarantoga on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arguetlam

Post#90 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:58 pm

@moderntimes your point is irrevelent as long as 3 end game gear is obtainable in a warband scenario only. All classes, therefore should be somewhat relevent in this setting.