Recent Topics

Ads

Best 3-4 man (+ 1 casual ) order

Let's talk about... everything else
Grock

Re: Best 3-4 man (+ 1 casual ) order

Post#11 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:27 pm

Both can go 2h actually. 2h IB brings good on-demand knockdown with solid damage, 2h Knight brings Arcing Swing wounds debuff + incoming crit debuff with a tactic. Plus both of them will do slightly more damage with 2h weapon, as weapon damage is added to ability damage for non-casters.

But since you are saying your RP gonna drop out eventually i suggest picking a second healer class which could switch between dps and healing depending on current needs.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
wpc56
Suspended

Post#12 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:22 pm

You need a second healer, playing without a healer means you'll lose most fights against enemies with one.

Duo RP is fine, it's better to spread out RP (i.e. don't stand together so you get run over by melee train). You can run two different runes and have two staggers which is amazing for securing kill on someone running away.

AM is too squishy outside of end game gear/RR/armor talisman. WP is a viable option with book, 1h/shield is too unreliable as a full time healer because they need to hit something to heal. In open rvr you usually end up hitting a tank that doesn't give you sufficient heals... if two WE pops on your RP, it will die fast and you can't even support heal the RP in time.

Nigiro

Post#13 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:00 pm

wpc56 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:22 pm You need a second healer, playing without a healer means you'll lose most fights against enemies with one.

Duo RP is fine, it's better to spread out RP (i.e. don't stand together so you get run over by melee train). You can run two different runes and have two staggers which is amazing for securing kill on someone running away.

AM is too squishy outside of end game gear/RR/armor talisman. WP is a viable option with book, 1h/shield is too unreliable as a full time healer because they need to hit something to heal. In open rvr you usually end up hitting a tank that doesn't give you sufficient heals... if two WE pops on your RP, it will die fast and you can't even support heal the RP in time.
Ok... RP just told us, he is still in :D so ... what to pick as 4th, if we got a fix heal. So current Setup RP/IP/SL/?? ?
Stilll 2h WP ? or WL ?! or KotBs ? or ... Eng ? :D :D too hard to decide ... -.-

wpc56
Suspended

Post#14 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:22 pm

Don't go Eng, they are terrible in orvr. You have to setup around them and it's not worth it until you have more people. (ie. magnet pull and aoe ppl down)

WL would be a good choice. M1 root and pounce allows you to catch up on runner.

Alternatively DPS AM would be good so you have aoe ensnare, AP drain for peel (ie. drain their dps hitting your healer) and a rez if RP goes down.

IB would need to pickup aoe ensnare to keep distance and control space and guard/let slayer do his dps.

WP isn't a good choice again because dps one have the same weakness (ie. need to get in their face) and heal WP doesn't contribute to killing enemy outside of (again getting up in melee to silence their healer... in their backline!?)

Foofmonger

Post#15 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:06 pm

So WP is the obvious choice, the other obvious choice is AM.

The problem you have is that you do not have a reliable healer, so if you don't swap out the Engie with a reliable healer, you and your friends are gonna have a bad time.

Now, the two healers on Order who have "semi-viable" DPS or Hybrid specs are realistically either the WP or the AM. This way, when you runepriest friend does want to play, you can go spec DPS or hybrid on the WP and AM, and do some decent damage to support your Slayer/IB tank train. Also you won't have 2 RPs, which is why I wouldn't pick RP (and DPS RPs are terrible).

If you are set on Engie and want to play a ranged class. I highly recommend you go Archmage then. This way you can go heal spec when you don't have a runepriest, and ranged dps spec when you do. You'll still be able to sit back and pew pew like you could on your Engie (although very differently).

chookette

Post#16 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:37 am

super interesting, I relaunch this post according to my team. We have a certainty that we have either an RP or a WP. Is it a good idea to go with an RP + offtank duo? we would surely have + 1 undefined casual. Which offtank do you recommend?