Recent Topics

Ads

Population Balance

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Population Balance

Post#21 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:55 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:35 pm I hear the server population count on the website isnt as accurate, but as of writing this, overall is 48/52 and as someone that played alliance in classic wow, that's a pretty solid split.
Yikes. Don't even understand how population counters work either?

The difference between tools like SOR and the pop counter on the website, is that SOR specifically tracks activity in the RvR lakes. It does not track players in scenarios, PvE, or cities. Makes for quite a discrepancy if you look at both and think "huh, these don't match. must be devs lying again. buff my class pls."
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#22 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:31 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:55 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:35 pm I hear the server population count on the website isnt as accurate, but as of writing this, overall is 48/52 and as someone that played alliance in classic wow, that's a pretty solid split.
Yikes. Don't even understand how population counters work either?

The difference between tools like SOR and the pop counter on the website, is that SOR specifically tracks activity in the RvR lakes. It does not track players in scenarios, PvE, or cities. Makes for quite a discrepancy if you look at both and think "huh, these don't match. must be devs lying again. buff my class pls."
Man someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed and without any coffee.

Hard assuming my meanings here and you know what they say about assuming, makes one out of you and me.

Never said the devs were lying, never have you can easily check my past posts for that, saying "I HEARD" is meaning it has been seen it said in game chat and several people agreed, I don't know or care if that's true. Guessing the buff my class thing is a meme, sure all classes can use something, but balance seems pretty solid from what I've seen.

I also didnt speak to RvR population or any specific population, I spoke general player count AT THE TIME OF THE POST saying it was close to even and that's a good balance overall. So not sure why all the hostility. Hope the rest of your day goes better than this morning. :D

Sengirv

Post#23 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:22 pm

Because we've heard the same post and comments for about 10 years now....I dont think he ment you in particular...in the past such and such class has to be buffed, or nerfed because of embalacing issues. Its just an old old snore forum filler at this point lol

jokerspsycho

Post#24 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:29 pm

Sengirv wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:22 pm Because we've heard the same post and comments for about 10 years now....I dont think he ment you in particular...in the past such and such class has to be buffed, or nerfed because of embalacing issues. Its just an old old snore forum filler at this point lol
Ic, felt kinda direct since he was quoting and seemed to be speaking directly to me and picking at my post.

I can understand the frustrations ofc of someone who is active in the development getting tired of hearing something like that.

I'm a new player, some weeks, and coming from classic I can see the worry of realm balance, but that being said I joined with the wave of players after peons video but on destro side and there was a solid amount of time where we were getting curb stomped all day while I was on lol.

At least with games like this, where there are no racial skills for min max, balance fluctuates so you can stick to your guild/friends (which I'm sure also causes fluctuations when a guild wants to swap for a bit lol)

Thanks for clearing it up.

SaintRon

Post#25 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Aetas wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:04 am I would rather play on just one side but it seems like just joining the winning side all the time gears you up faster since you get forts done and the lack of a player limit in fights promotes zerging and steamrolling. Does this not seem backwards? Surely the losing side should gear up faster.

Are you supposing here or do you know?

Also - DO NOT USE ADVICE CHAT for any 'research' or things you 'heard'.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#26 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:52 pm

Better idea. If people are abusing the advice channel, report it so GM's can do their job. That way we can have a functional advice channel that people can actually get decent advice from.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

empmoz

Post#27 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:35 pm

Being on the underdog side gives you more rp from kills, so if you know how to play smart you can still farm kills. You won't be taking keeps etc but you still get loot bag rolls for defending a losing zone.

admanb

Post#28 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:38 pm

empmoz wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:35 pm Being on the underdog side gives you more rp from kills, so if you know how to play smart you can still farm kills. You won't be taking keeps etc but you still get loot bag rolls for defending a losing zone.
No amount of AAO will match the 10-30k the winning side gets from taking a fort. Bags are great, but the consistent 700v500 advantage Destro has had in RvR over the last few weeks does not result in equal rewards for both sides.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#29 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:46 pm

admanb wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:38 pm
empmoz wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:35 pm Being on the underdog side gives you more rp from kills, so if you know how to play smart you can still farm kills. You won't be taking keeps etc but you still get loot bag rolls for defending a losing zone.
No amount of AAO will match the 10-30k the winning side gets from taking a fort. Bags are great, but the consistent 700v500 advantage Destro has had in RvR over the last few weeks does not result in equal rewards for both sides.

Glorian wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:23 am Shot a RR80 WE once with AAO. Got 15.000 Renown for it.
Having AAO is gold when you run in small groups.

admanb

Post#30 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:51 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:46 pm
admanb wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:38 pm

Glorian wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:23 am Shot a RR80 WE once with AAO. Got 15.000 Renown for it.
Having AAO is gold when you run in small groups.
If a rabbit breaks its neck running into a stump I'm gonna cook rabbit stew that night, but I'm not gonna tell everyone I know to stare at stumps all day.