Recent Topics

Ads

RVR past T1

Let's talk about... everything else
growill

RVR past T1

Post#1 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi, i played on this server a few times before (years apart) so first of all I have to say it's really beautiful to see it now so polished and active.
I've been playing only a couple days so this is just a thought/experience but
T1 has been great. Really a lot of fun, with so many people around. Now I'm level 21 and I want to shoot myself in the knee. Leaving scenarios alone even RVR is kind of a nightmare. Still somewhat fun but playing 100v100 gets old quickly and I just don't see myself getting much exp. That'd be cool though being so underleveled (yeah I know I'm bolstered but still) I lack the tools to be of much help and I can't really afford to do smaller scale battles.

So I was thinking since population is great now wouldn't it be possible to re-implement the level requirements for T2 and T3? It would make those levels more fun to play

Ads
Sulorie

Re: RVR past T1

Post#2 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:08 pm

growill wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:59 pm Hi, i played on this server a few times before (years apart) so first of all I have to say it's really beautiful to see it now so polished and active.
I've been playing only a couple days so this is just a thought/experience but
T1 has been great. Really a lot of fun, with so many people around. Now I'm level 21 and I want to shoot myself in the knee. Leaving scenarios alone even RVR is kind of a nightmare. Still somewhat fun but playing 100v100 gets old quickly and I just don't see myself getting much exp. That'd be cool though being so underleveled (yeah I know I'm bolstered but still) I lack the tools to be of much help and I can't really afford to do smaller scale battles.

So I was thinking since population is great now wouldn't it be possible to re-implement the level requirements for T2 and T3? It would make those levels more fun to play
What is stopping you from doing t2-3 sc?
Last edited by Sulorie on Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

sn3jk

Post#3 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:12 pm

I see lots of people looking for sc groups in t2. Its a great way to meet new ppl, learn the game and to level. And the amount of effort required to be successful in groups in t2 is very low so it doesnt really matter if youre new.
Bacongrease - Squig Herder
Bloodynine - Chosen
Oldest - Shaman

Kaelang

Post#4 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:32 pm

There are a lot of T2 premade groups I'd suggest joining, these are quite fun and if you find yourself in a guild / discord they're pretty much guaranteed wins. The tug of war playstyle can get boring, but it can also be great fun if you're in an organised warband pulling off flanks.

With your bolster, you can definitely fight people 1v1 or pull your weight in groups - the bolster is significant and people have actually complained how strong it is.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

AkiLLez

Post#5 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:36 pm

I completely agree. The issue is once you get past T1 lvl 16-30 is a nightmare at least in scenarios your gear is going to be poor and you will be queued with level 40's will full sets and get destroyed there is nothing you can do and you go up against premade groups it does scale your level up but it doesn't matter because of gear difference. After level 15 i have avoided scenarios completely. Why not make T2 like 16-25 and T3 25-40. Makes no sense instead of having lvl 16' going up agaisnt level 40 gear sets. Major turnoff in this game

Winterbeats

Post#6 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:10 pm

AkiLLez wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:36 pm I completely agree. The issue is once you get past T1 lvl 16-30 is a nightmare at least in scenarios your gear is going to be poor and you will be queued with level 40's will full sets and get destroyed there is nothing you can do and you go up against premade groups it does scale your level up but it doesn't matter because of gear difference. After level 15 i have avoided scenarios completely. Why not make T2 like 16-25 and T3 25-40. Makes no sense instead of having lvl 16' going up agaisnt level 40 gear sets. Major turnoff in this game
I agree, but I believe the GM's aren't open to changing the current tiers, something like, they enjoy it, so why change it was told to us.

Kaelang

Post#7 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:19 pm

Winterbeats wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:10 pm
AkiLLez wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:36 pm I completely agree. The issue is once you get past T1 lvl 16-30 is a nightmare at least in scenarios your gear is going to be poor and you will be queued with level 40's will full sets and get destroyed there is nothing you can do and you go up against premade groups it does scale your level up but it doesn't matter because of gear difference. After level 15 i have avoided scenarios completely. Why not make T2 like 16-25 and T3 25-40. Makes no sense instead of having lvl 16' going up agaisnt level 40 gear sets. Major turnoff in this game
I agree, but I believe the GM's aren't open to changing the current tiers, something like, they enjoy it, so why change it was told to us.
It's not necessarily 'the GM's enjoy it so why change it'. The development team look at the current state of the server, including the population and levels between each tier. If it doesn't make sense to split a population up and risk content being lost for a portion of players, there's no reason to do so.

The population right now is the healthiest it's been in years, and players are happy with how it is. If a solid thread with constructive feedback, data and actual evidence comes to light, there view may change. But for the time being, the server is working as is.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Winterbeats

Post#8 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:40 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:19 pm
It's not necessarily 'the GM's enjoy it so why change it'. The development team look at the current state of the server, including the population and levels between each tier. If it doesn't make sense to split a population up and risk content being lost for a portion of players, there's no reason to do so.

The population right now is the healthiest it's been in years, and players are happy with how it is. If a solid thread with constructive feedback, data and actual evidence comes to light, there view may change. But for the time being, the server is working as is.
There is a thread in Suggestions and Feedback already, that sussed everything out, that is where the GM stated, they like the way the tiers are now, and won't be changing it. Threads like these will continue to pop up, because in actuality the bolster system isn't fun for new players, and heading to T4 after T1 is even less fun.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#9 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:46 pm

Winterbeats wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:40 pm
Kaelang wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:19 pm

There is a thread in Suggestions and Feedback already, that sussed everything out, that is where the GM stated, they like the way the tiers are now, and won't be changing it. Threads like these will continue to pop up, because in actuality the bolster system isn't fun for new players, and heading to T4 after T1 is even less fun.
That is understandable, and I somewhat get why you're concerned about it. But the best place to compile all the information is in that thread. The more people who bring it to their attention, in a constructive and clean way, the more likely something is reviewed.

New threads popping up consistently will have an adverse effect.

jokerspsycho

Post#10 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:54 pm

I know in oRvR I face 40s, but in SC I've yet to face a 40, highest I've seen on my team or enemy team out of the like 30 I've done since 16, was 39.

To op, try and buy your gear sets, keep everything up updated. Bolster works off your current stats.

For oRvR, just hit L and join a warband. Makes life ez.