Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grock

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#91 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:27 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:48 am Wave of Terror might be bugged, but even when fixed it's not going to do anything whatsoever. Fights don't last long at all, at best it's going to be used once or twice and change nothing. BWs will get to m2 maybe 3/4s later.

I've never implied the morale stop is bugged. It's just trash.
Wave of Terror lets you do a coordinated morale drain when you need it, instead of relying on passive proc and hoping that it just keeps the enemy from reaching anything, so it should be a good change for organized play.

Pretty sure morale stopper proc should be stopping morale pumps but doesn't do so currently, so its not working as was intended

Nefarian78 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:48 amWhat you think is the 50% healbuff? Blessing of Grungni and Focused Mending. Focused Mending changes Stay Focused! tooltip and Blessings of Grungni applies a buff on target causing both to stack. It's the same with Crimson Death and Deeply Impaled.
Those two together would be 40%, not 50%
And Blessings of Grungni should have a mirror tactic on Zealot

The difference is 15% from Focused Mending lol

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:14 pm The best possible fix for Marauder would be reworking Scything Talons, Corrupted Edge and Hulking Brute into 10s or even 15s buffs triggering upon entering required mutation, rather than remaining in it, so people playing class correctly wouldn't be punished for not staying in single stance for entire life...
I think the best possible would be to make stance effects passive so that you get them as soon as you switch, instead of hoping for a proc

Procs are better for sitting in a single stance, but thats just boring and makes mechanic meaningless.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Fanaticseb

Post#92 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:31 pm

I
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:14 pm The best possible fix for Marauder would be reworking Scything Talons, Corrupted Edge and Hulking Brute into 10s or even 15s buffs triggering upon entering required mutation, rather than remaining in it, so people playing class correctly wouldn't be punished for not staying in single stance for entire life...
I would second that.

Another thing i would call into question is why do the stances even have a cooldown to begin with. It would really open up the skill ceiling if the stances had like a 1 sec cd or no cd at all.

Sofong

Post#93 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:34 pm

if really to encourage ppl to change stances more often, i think of am/sham balance system, use some abilities in monstro, the next brut ability will cost no ap , but i could imagine that would be alot of works.

Grock

Post#94 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:38 pm

Fanaticseb wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:31 pm Another thing i would call into question is why do the stances even have a cooldown to begin with. It would really open up the skill ceiling if the stances had like a 1 sec cd or no cd at all.
they aren't bound to global cooldown so not having any internal cooldown will just make them extra maintenance without any actual skill/decisionmaking part, you could just add them into NB macro rotation and forget that abilities even have stance requirements

p.s. imo having stance requirements on skills is a bad design in general...
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Likeaboss

Post#95 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:45 pm

Sofong wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:05 pm ...mara stances mechanic have its own problems like if u use one of the stance bound tactic 100ws/str/toughness 100ini, u switch stance u lose the tactic at once, and buff like monstro self heal no longer last through switchiing stances
oh no... you loose the tactic when you switch stance... damn thats really a mess. I mean Marauder is the only char with such Tactics.

And hold on, WHAT? Monstro buff only last in Monstro stance? Sure you should make it last longer and hold even when you switch to other stances, i mean it is just a 1000 selfheal buff over 5s on a dps, and not an unique OP armorpenetration-immunity buff...

Sarcasm Sheldon^^

Reminds me back in 2008 when Marauder only was debuffer without crit dmg tactic and others stuff, everyone cried for a buff,
and Galva kept fragging everyone, even befor the buff.
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Sofong

Post#96 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:45 pm

Sofong wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:34 pm if really to encourage ppl to change stances more often, i think of am/sham balance system, use some abilities in monstro, the next brut ability will cost no ap , but i could imagine that would be alot of works.
haha.... i love to see stance cd removed that would be really worth switching more often but i guess it will never happen

Fanaticseb

Post#97 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:47 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:38 pm
Fanaticseb wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:31 pm Another thing i would call into question is why do the stances even have a cooldown to begin with. It would really open up the skill ceiling if the stances had like a 1 sec cd or no cd at all.
they aren't bound to global cooldown so not having any internal cooldown will just make them extra maintenance without any actual skill/decisionmaking part, you could just add them into NB macro rotation and forget that abilities even have stance requirements

p.s. imo having stance requirements on skills is a bad design in general...
ye i don't agree with "extra maintenance without any actual skill/decisionmaking part", because watching your buffs/debuffs and acting accordingly is skill. I mean its alot of overhead, but there are ppl out there that love to play a high skill ceiling class and perform well with it.

Ekundu01

Post#98 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:50 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:38 pm p.s. imo having stance requirements on skills is a bad design in general...
I agree with this but in order to fix that at this point all trees would need a rework. If they just put mutation required on the skills and not make it stance specific it would be nice but they would have to rearrange all the trees because it would give way too much utility. Also would probably have to rework all mutations.
Trismack

Ads
Sofong

Post#99 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:45 pm
Sofong wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:05 pm ...mara stances mechanic have its own problems like if u use one of the stance bound tactic 100ws/str/toughness 100ini, u switch stance u lose the tactic at once, and buff like monstro self heal no longer last through switchiing stances
oh no... you loose the tactic when you switch stance... damn thats really a mess. I mean Marauder is the only char with such Tactics.

And hold on, WHAT? Monstro buff only last in Monstro stance? Sure you should make it last longer and hold even when you switch to other stances, i mean it is just a 1000 selfheal buff over 5s on a dps, and not an unique OP armorpenetration-immunity buff...

Sarcasm Sheldon^^

Reminds me back in 2008 when Marauder only was debuffer without crit dmg tactic and others stuff, everyone cried for a buff,
really? slayer/sw/engi 120ws120str120ballistic -toughness tactics are core...... i remember monstro proc used to last through stance idk since when it was nerfed.

Likeaboss

Post#100 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:00 pm

Sofong wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:55 pm
Spoiler:
Likeaboss wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:45 pm

Sarcasm Sheldon^^

really? slayer/sw/engi 120ws120str120ballistic -toughness tactics are core...... i remember monstro proc used to last through stance idk since when it was nerfed.
What about WL tactic? half of them require an active Pet, when it dies your tactics are worthless 15s... Si it is with Marauder tactics, slotting them means you won't get use out of them all the time...
Dont Slot it, or deal with it...
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.