Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
R3xz

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#31 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:30 pm

satanicomoderno wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:20 pm
Spoiler:
What can I say? Have fun destro!

Meanwhile, Order still being ignored or nerfed. GG!

Buffs goes to squigs, magus, chosens, marauders and thats it! Buff Sorcs too, its too weak, poor sorcs!

Next week, WL nerf. Echoing roar is too strong omg, it makes the crybabies of destro ragequit and spam your QQ on Forum.
Please keep discussion civil, your post have nothing useful or relevant to contribute to this topic. If you have problem with "destro too op" or whinning about people QQing you can make your own post.

Ads
Grock

Post#32 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 pm

wachlarz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:09 pm
Grock wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:22 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:12 pm Even with that scaling i think that they still have the advantage in dps output do to beserk and combustion mechanics
Yes, obviously. Its just scaling, not even mentioning base/rank damage part.

We get damage mehanic with defensive trade-offs on top, mara gets armor pen immunity and nice self-heal, i think its fair.
A tactic to change monstro proc into some form dps boost would be interesting though, what you think?
Rly ? So who will ever play sava or brut ?
Those are both single-target(well, except 1 ability) and their procs are already damage-oriented.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Bohavwn

Post#33 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:54 pm

Nothing more than a veiled nerf.

TenTonHammer

Post#34 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:16 am

A tactic to change monstro proc into some form dps boost would be interesting though, what you think?
would be intresting but i feel that would undercut brut stance proc which is supposed to be the straight dps stance/proc

TenTonHammer

Post#35 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:17 am

Bohavwn wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:54 pm Nothing more than a veiled nerf.
can you explain why you feel it is a straight nerf?

Bohavwn

Post#36 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:20 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:17 am
Bohavwn wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:54 pm Nothing more than a veiled nerf.
can you explain why you feel it is a straight nerf?
Due to the fact that marauder damage was nerfed long ago. I haven't done the math but i don't think the damage modifications bring it back in line with the damage it should have been doing in the first place. Also the changes to morale drain and morale block were intended to counter a popular destro build that is used to counter order morale bombs in city. The change all but kills the ability to keep order morale in check. Instead of changing tactics or using any type of counterplay the option is tocomplain and get it nerfed.

Grock

Post#37 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:49 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:16 am
would be intresting but i feel that would undercut brut stance proc which is supposed to be the straight dps stance/proc
They should be different in nature though. One suited for single-target, another for AoE, maybe boosting Monstro abilities specifically.

Isn't current Brut proc pretty bad though? I think it also needs some love
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

wachlarz

Post#38 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:59 am

Grock wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:49 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:16 am
They should be different in nature though. One suited for single-target, another for AoE, maybe boosting Monstro abilities specifically.

Isn't current Brut proc pretty bad though? I think it also needs some love
Ofc brut proc is bad. Go ASw to see how many passive buff assult stance have.

Ads
wonshot

Post#39 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:56 pm

Not gonna dive into the mara details. But the approach of adjusting scaling like this seems to be the trend, last time we saw it was on WL with Coordinated strikes and it took them a few weeks worth of patches to finetune the number. So keep up the good debate, Maras, so far its very constructive to read on the first 3 pages.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Akalukz

Post#40 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:12 pm

To me, and I have had a mara for a while, (although quit playing it for a bit recently started again (like a week ago) the single target tree (build) needs some love. Sav / Brute used to be a very good build, now it seems underperforming. Possibly make the stance buffs last 5-10 seconds after switching stances. Similar to old chosen auras. This would most likely be a buff across the board for all mara characters, but not super overwhelming.
-= Agony =-