Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa Lotsa Choppin / Slayer Flurry

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adapter
Suspended

Choppa Lotsa Choppin / Slayer Flurry

Post#1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:45 pm

Need an improvement in Lotsa Choppin and Flurry.

Since this two abilities only hit 3 targets maximum (improved by mastery tactic up to 9)

I suggest the next:

From 3 targets, increase up to 9 targets. This improved by Mastery tactic up to 24 targets.

We as Choppas/Slayer have been left behind to this new wave of AoE meta careers.

We need this buff to be at a similar AoE damage output as MSquig Herders and White Lions, Choppas and Slayers are being left behind. Having penalties to deliver around the same damage as other melee careers is kinda off.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
adamthelc

Re: Choppa Lotsa Choppin / Slayer Flurry

Post#2 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:06 am

I agree with this. Not only that but, they also just happen to have morales that also dont get to take advantage of the new target cap.

They might determine that is too much damage from those carriers. If that's the case then they should look at lowering the penalty of their mechanic.

They should also look at any ability or tactic that has a target cap that doesnt take into account the new global target cap. Seems overdue.

StrongUn

Post#3 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:08 am

Slayer hitting 24 targets with rampage on? no thx

adamthelc

Post#4 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:35 am

StrongUn wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:08 am Slayer hitting 24 targets with rampage on? no thx
They can already do that boss, just not with flurry. Not that they ever do outside of forts.

Likeaboss

Post#5 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:37 am

adapter wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:45 pm Need an improvement in Lotsa Choppin and Flurry.
We as Choppas/Slayer have been left behind to this new wave of AoE meta careers.
Early in the morning, already made my day... :lol:

Got 4 letters 4 u... GTDC
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

adapter
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:44 am

Likeaboss wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:37 am
adapter wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:45 pm Need an improvement in Lotsa Choppin and Flurry.

GTDC and Bring it On are both abilities that the Choppa cast, so if it gets interrumpted which is quite easy to do, the Choppa is left to do Lotsa Choppin only hitting 3 Targets, so we have big penalties, our best AoE skills are on a 20s cooldown that are casted and must be Berserker to do some good damage. This is the problem comparing it to another Melee DPS careers.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ysaran

Post#7 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:59 am

Stop with the nonsense. This topic concern both slayer and choppas. There's no need to create another Rampage vs GTDC thread.

I agree that flurry/lotsa choppin' cap should be increased and I also agree on increasing it to 24 with the tactics
Zputadenti

Likeaboss

Post#8 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:23 pm

adapter wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:44 am
Spoiler:
Likeaboss wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:37 am

GTDC and Bring it On are both abilities that the Choppa cast, so if it gets interrumpted which is quite easy to do
i really dont want another GTDC / Rampage thread. But just to be exact, Rampage can be shattered from the slayer, which as you aleady said about GTDC, is quite easy to do :P

Back to topic... If you make this skills core hitting 9 people noone will slot the tactic :) never gonna hit 24 ppl.... maybe 12-15 max.
and for that people wont deal with the 20% damage reduction on the Tactic
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Ads
Illuminati

Post#9 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:54 pm

What other careers have an AOE spam ability? It may be helpful to look at them all.

Agree that the Choppa / Slayer negative (-50% resists and armor) feels over punishing as more classes have big AOE pressure now.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Ysaran

Post#10 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Illuminati wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:54 pm What other careers have an AOE spam ability? It may be helpful to look at them all.
Wl, engie, sw, bw, sm, sorc, sh, Bo, Magus, mara
Illuminati wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:54 pm Agree that the Choppa / Slayer negative (-50% resists and armor) feels over punishing as more classes have big AOE pressure now.
I think that the penalty is fine.
Zputadenti