Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Looking for best ranged build and BiS items

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GWheezy

[SH] Looking for best ranged build and BiS items

Post#1 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:07 am

So I know I'm probably going to get a lot of gaff for this, but I really want to like my ranged SH. I know they're pretty poor compared to melee, but ranged was what made me love AoR. I'm looking to gather as much information as possible that will make me as effective as I can be. I'm willing to take all tips and advice, but I don't want to veer off topic and have another class or melee build suggested: I want a ranged squiggy! I'm looking for builds, rotations, BiS items, literally any information I can be given. Thanks guys.

Ads
zulnam

Re: [SH] Looking for best ranged build and BiS items

Post#2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:54 am

There are a few rSH specs that, while not viable in organised WBs, are somewhat competent in rvr. Practically you want to go quick shootin for debuffing early.

Build here. Remember you are not a dps class as expected with this spec, but a debuff/assist class. Expect low burst damage but semi-decent sustain.

rSH starts to (slightly) shine once you get around rr 70+ and in vanq/invader gear. Then you can be considered an actual dps class. Here, you go down the best of two worlds, getting both fast and strong range attacks as well as the heal debuff.

Now, there is actually a range AoE spec for rSH but, as others or yourself will find out, it is pretty ****. The quick shootin range spec assumes you are close to the frontline to spam RnS as well as Shoot Thru Ya. Now I have had a few successful fights with this spec, but it is very situation and basically you need to utilise LoS to make sure you actually don't get insta-killed by any dps (think tank funnels, oil tower room defense, that kind of stuff). It does poor DPS unless you are very well geared (1050+ BS) and even then it's pretty mediocre. You will basically be a frontline aoe debuff, but a very weak one. Go ahead and experiment and if you can actually make it work please share.

I played SH a lot and I did prefer range over melee (due to esthetics mostly) but honestly I have to say, if you can stomach looking like a testicle all the time and can find a good group to support you (heals, guard) there is no reason not to play melee spec. The AoE and utility you bring to the fight are incredible and unlike anything you can find on order side. In large scale rvr when playing with pugs range can be more fun/relaxing, but it will never be as useful.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Stinkyweed

Post#3 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:02 am

rSH rr.82 in CONQ (prefer that over VANQ)

I hate my life.

RoR.builders - Squig Herder
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

GWheezy

Post#4 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:29 am

Thanks for the information guys. What about abilities we have, are there any specific abilities you can think of that are key, and are there any that you avoid using?

empmoz

Post#5 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:36 pm

I use this for scenarios/pug wb, the main focus is poison arrer, since it deals ~1k damage to anything, and keeping ranged targets tagged with shrapnel for reduced range. Timing is also very important, since arrows havea flight time and will take 1-2s to actually hit (timing a good finish em off is tricky for example)
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5520,5508

It may also be worth taking the all by meself tactic, since the pets are a bit crap and die easily

Radamond

Post#6 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:46 pm

empmoz wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:36 pm I use this for scenarios/pug wb, the main focus is poison arrer, since it deals ~1k damage to anything, and keeping ranged targets tagged with shrapnel for reduced range. Timing is also very important, since arrows havea flight time and will take 1-2s to actually hit (timing a good finish em off is tricky for example)
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5520,5508

It may also be worth taking the all by meself tactic, since the pets are a bit crap and die easily
Do you think it's viable to use path of big shooting to level up? I mainly do scenarios as means of leveling. And what would you drop to take all by meself tactic? All other tactics seem kinda important to make the poison arrow work (since you said it's our main focus) so would the masterful aim be worse than all by meself? And what about the gas squig, bumping our range by 10%? wouldnt he be the ideal choice to pair with shrapnel + poison combo keeping us a healthy distance from shooty enemies?

chazwozza

Post#7 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:46 am

I don’t use poison for range I got invader and a passive gas Squig range goes out to 120 big shooting and 108 quick shooting good BS WS and tactic that lowers plink reload hits hard.Can poison arrow not be cured?

Jambalaya

Post#8 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 am

Big Yodes

Ads
mytreds

Post#9 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:27 pm

So if I want to play rSH I won’t be doing big damage until RR70?

DeathZA

Post#10 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:13 pm

I can't see any of these builds.

I'd greatly appreciate if someone could report these please.